British Speedway Forum
June01

Stoke Forum

Security on the Stoke forum seems tighter than that for the royal wedding. Has it become part of the official secrets act? I appreciate that accounts have to be approved, but what's the reasoning behind the no hotmail/yahoo addresses when registering? What about those of us who don't have an internet provider account?

Shouldnt this be in the NL section?

Probably. Hopefully a kind mod'll move it for me. Thanks for the helpful reply. :P

Past that, I would imagine that you should still be able to apply with a hotmail account. I know I did :)

Past that, I would imagine that you should still be able to apply with a hotmail account. I know I did :)

i did with a @msn.com email address

Probably to stop people signing up with fake accounts using a fake hotmail account they have made up, which takes seconds. Dont know what put that in my head :D

Probably to stop people signing up with fake accounts using a fake hotmail account they have made up, which takes seconds. Dont know what put that in my head :D

Aye, whatever happened to that Pinstripe chap? :D

Aye, whatever happened to that Pinstripe chap? :D

Seen him at Newport last weekend, still furious he is banned from this forum, OOOHHHHH WE HAVE DRAMA KELV :D

Seen him at Newport last weekend, still furious he is banned from this forum, OOOHHHHH WE HAVE DRAMA KELV :D

I can imagine he'll be looking to stamp his authority on the bar tomorrow night if I see him, GOOOO OOOOON :D

I can imagine he'll be looking to stamp his authority on the bar tomorrow night if I see him, GOOOO OOOOON :D

OHHH NOT AGAIN :D

That's what I tried with. :unsure:

I can't seem to get approval for registering for the forum either. Will there be updates for Stoke today? Thanks!

Security on the Stoke forum seems tighter than that for the royal wedding. Has it become part of the official secrets act? I appreciate that accounts have to be approved, but what's the reasoning behind the no hotmail/yahoo addresses when registering? What about those of us who don't have an internet provider account?

That's what I tried with. :unsure:

I can't seem to get approval for registering for the forum either. Will there be updates for Stoke today? Thanks!

With certain people joining to cause problems and friction between forum members and the promotion I think you will find that is the reason. :blink:

A lot of forums banned yahoo and hotmail as so many such accounts were hacked and were used to spam forums and place malware directly into the forum databases.

In the early days free accounts had no security at all and were just spammers delight.

With certain people joining to cause problems and friction between forum members and the promotion I think you will find that is the reason. :blink:

Okay. Not sure how I was meant to know that, but I can accept the reasoning behind it. Thanks.