British Speedway Forum

Announced at Leicester tonight that the Premier league Four Tournament will be held at Leicester

Top meeting given to a newly opened track? How did they manage to jump to the top of the list, or were they the only track willing to stage it?

Top meeting given to a newly opened track? How did they manage to jump to the top of the list, or were they the only track willing to stage it?

Im sure that lots of tracks would have liked to host the 4s.

Dont care where they are,but can we have the qualifiers back please.

Dont care where they are,but can we have the qualifiers back please.

No qualifiers? So how does it work then, on averages?

Do we have a date for this please?

No qualifiers? So how does it work then, on averages?

Do we have a date for this please?

Qualifiers is the way we used to go,then you were in Finals day as of right.Now we go with averages. :(

Qualifiers is the way we used to go,then you were in Finals day as of right.Now we go with averages. :(

Thank you. :)

Leicester is a SUPERB new venue and this is an excellent and progressive decision to stage the Fours there...

I'd well imagine that the Fours will be a sell-out capacity at Beaumont Park and I'm sure that wouldn't be said about any other potential venue...

well i think its a brilliant idea!! new track excellent stadium going of the photos and before all the wingers come on about home track advantage etc. the home side if they are in it will have to be on their toes because every team thats in it will be flat out to win. looking forward to my visit now and its still a couple of months away. just hope they can cope with the crowds i think this meeting will attract a record crowd as the crowd last year at the eoes was good..and yes you will probably have to pay an extra £1 for a seat!!

Shame this isn't being held at Peterborough, though it was always going to be a long shot. Any neutral track is better than that of a participant in the event, that's where my beef lies on this subject. Hopefully Leicester put on a good show though, will try to attend the meeting, congrats to Leicester on being given the meeting.

I suppose that given the fact Peterborough still aren't officially competing this year, they had to make a decision about moving it to a different venue. At least Leicester is easily accessible for most of the country either by road or rail and I suppose that home track advantage will be more limited than at other tracks given the relative newness of it.

Good decision and, all things being equal, I'll be there

Great News for the club and it rewards the effort of Dave to being the sport back to the city, if you look on the Leicester v Sheffield meeting thread the majority of the feedback to the first meeting was positive and as we quickly gain more experience we will improve the presentation of meetings.

Per Leicester Website Sunday 07 August, no start time given

thank you