British Speedway Forum

Whats that got to do with anyway? In footballing terms, the team who won the League Cup were relegated to the Championship. It's the team with the best top 4's that qualify. The BSPA have got this one right.

Did you not expect fans of the teams who haven't made the cut to sit back and accept it?

Whoever was left out it would be the wrong decision.

how embarrasing that teams sitting 11+12 could be in and teams 2+5th may not

we will watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 4TT is about your top 4, not 7. Had you been bottom of the league but your top 4 got you into the 4s would you say you shouldn't be in it as your top 7 isn't good enough? I'm sure you would...

Did you not expect fans of the teams who haven't made the cut to sit back and accept it?

Whoever was left out it would be the wrong decision.

And until we get the qualifiers back , that will continue to be the case .

this shows how badly organised league is as best team at moment(GLASGOW) DONT QUALIFY

JOKE JOKE JOKE

Wrong.

The only 'joke' is that we dont know in advance the qualifying criteria - that should be public well before the event. IF Glasgow dont qualify under pre-known qualifying criteria (as opposed to last minute made up to suit as it was last year) then thems the breaks. Someone has to miss out and there has to be a way of deciding it as the southern softies continue to block any re introduction of the qualifiers

Hold on - am I missing something, I didn't think the qualifiers had been announced yet. :blink:

All the best

Rob

No they haven't , just getting the retaliation in first :rolleyes:

No they haven't , just getting the retaliation in first :rolleyes:

Paul - given the date of the fours (August 7th), I would expect July 23rd to taken as the cut-off for the averages. And, of course, Richard Sweetman will have an average, since both meetings for Leicester and Glasgow counts towards his Green Sheet average. So I can't see how the Tigers will fail to qualify.

I'm still confused how some people have worked out the qualifiers, when:

(1) the likely cut-off point for the averages hasn't even been reached yet.

(2) We don't know whether averages or league placings determine the finalists (I would suggest the latter makes much more sense, since averages always produce strange anomalies).

EDIT: I agree it's hight time to bring down the fours qualifiers. I used to really enjoy these meetings. Mind you, it would make it much more boring on here, since there wouldn't be the arguments as to who's in and who's out!! :P

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Yes I agree let's bring back the qualifiers. It's the fairest way,but hoping the earlier prediction is right and Newport get a crack at the 4's

Yes I agree let's bring back the qualifiers. It's the fairest way,but hoping the earlier prediction is right and Newport get a crack at the 4's

Qualifiers would give everyone a fair crack,but it wont happen.Apparently its fairer to complete the 4s field through some kind of average calculation that few understand.

I think it should be the top seven in the league by a certain date and the Lions as they are hosts, seems fair to me. Got to agree used to like the qualifying rounds, me and my Brother went up north a couple of times in the eighties so that we could get all the northern tracks in, damn good time and 4 tracks in as many days, happy days.

Whats that got to do with anyway? In footballing terms, the team who won the League Cup were relegated to the Championship. It's the team with the best top 4's that qualify. The BSPA have got this one right.

Think BSPA will never please everyone on this, correct. They have to set a guideline and I think it will be combined averages from 1 July of each team top 4 added together? Dont think assessed averages etc count either so that rules out a few riders.

I think it should be the top seven in the league by a certain date and the Lions as they are hosts, seems fair to me. Got to agree used to like the qualifying rounds, me and my Brother went up north a couple of times in the eighties so that we could get all the northern tracks in, damn good time and 4 tracks in as many days, happy days.

Your idea is not really judging the top four riders, it's judging the teams ( all 7 riders).

I don't think that there is an easy solution, going on the top 7 teams in the league has its flaws because it would judge teams on a 7 riders.

Not too sure about qualifiers because we could see problems with fixture lists, I so think it would be nice to be told at the start of the season what qualifying requirements are from the word go.

I do question whether the host track should be automatically given a spot, Leicester been a team that are one the weakest in the league.

What will be interesting is to see whether Bager and Kauko (and Magnus Karlsson if rumours are right) wil feature for Leicester.

In the past teams have been unable to field riders who havent attained a true PL average. Lets see if Leicester get 3 new riders in and qualify shall we?

If so, Doyle, Lanham, Gjedde and Sedgmen should easily qualify.

What will be interesting is to see whether Bager and Kauko (and Magnus Karlsson if rumours are right) wil feature for Leicester.

In the past teams have been unable to field riders who havent attained a true PL average. Lets see if Leicester get 3 new riders in and qualify shall we?

If so, Doyle, Lanham, Gjedde and Sedgmen should easily qualify.

Yes I think you are correct. Gjedde will have an average in anycase, combined Berwick/Newport.

Newcastle might struggle with a top 4 of

Rider Replacement

Derek Sneddon

What a bloody season