British Speedway Forum

Well at least this might shut up alpratt as he's got no arguements left now, about winning no trophies. I told him he couldn't comment on Ipswich being a failure this year until the season was over.

This was my first visit to Beaumont Park and have to say I was really impressed with the facilities. I had a wander around before the meeting started and observed that wherever you stood, you had a good view. Granted the track needs the corners tweeking a bit so that it does not appear so square but all in all an enjoyable day out. This will not be my last visit and hope Leicester Speedway goes from strength to strength. Well done Ippo, clearly the best team on the day.

We think Dooley is a top bloke too, along with Morten, Lasse, Mat and Taylor (and Lee Geary :wink: ). Well done to the Ipswich Witches PL4TT Champions! :party:

Really enjoyed the meeting, plenty of passing and determined riding. Shouldn't listen to all the bad publicity about the track, as clearly it can be a real racing track.

I know most of you do just the odd one or two were giving him some stick early/midseason and I know I'm biased as he is a favoutire of mine but I had faith he'd prove some of the doubters wrong. For reasons from my childhood I've always liked Ipswich and though it would have been great for the Lions to win it wasn't to be so I'm glad it was you guys :)

Excellent performance by the Sackers Witcehs. They started as favourites and justified that tag with some very good riding, producing a number of passes - Tressarieu's successful chases of Nieminen the highlights for me. Risager also attacked the track and Bjerre was great value as always. Doolan played the captain's role, making full use of his rides. Even Poole, who was one of the many victims of the third/fourth bend, recovered from a huge locker to pass Nielsen in for his only point.

The third/fourth bend was a bit of a concern - loads of riders had problems. My son made the valid point that although the shape of the track is symmetrical, the second bend has more pronounced banking that the fourth, ie. riders could launch into the first bend and use the second bend to their advantage, but when charging into the third bend, they suddenly found the fourth did not give them that same help. As it was, four of the Witches riders seemed to watch and learn, and handle it much more consistently than their opponents.

I wasn't at all impressed with the presentation - no information provided on the (very long) parade, other than reading out the names of the riders. No interviews, except Peter Karlsson (?!) (during the very long interval) and Kevin Doolan at the end, plus, I think Neil Machin. This was a major event, and needed much more interaction with riders, managers and officials.

Very good facilities and a neat set-up - well done Leicester.

PS: The interview with Peter Karlsson produced one humerous highlight. Tom & I were standing on on the third bend at the time, and when Karlsson said that Wolves "were not far off the ply-offs" there was a huge bellow of laughter from some guys near us, who then repeated "not far off the play-offs!!!!!" with genuine enjoyment :)

Well done Ipswich.

Proud of the Workington lads efforts in this meeting, well done guys. :approve:

Me too, very proud of our 3 man Comets team they did really well :approve:

Congratulations Ipswich on the 4's

Pleased that you took a title this season after being brave enough to make the move to PL despite a lot of people saying it wouldnt work. You've been a great addition to the PL this year :)

(for the record I have always been a Doolan fan, he was always 100% committed. I remember him shouting at a medic at Ashfield to leave him alone until after he had pushed for home for a single point when he came off on a hefty 4th bend spill - he's mad too lol)

Great win for the Witches at least they managed to win this 4s event with their TOP 5 riders, that must have had a bearing on the result, no reserves ;)

Your lucky we have to put up with it every week, I got the impression the parade was very strung out for Magnus Karlsson benefit as i seen him screaming into the riders car park at 4:55pm.

That was only the 3rd interveiw of the season & it was with a rider who had no involvment with the meeting.

I feel like a record on repeat but yet again another huge error by Chris Popple . I always thought the bloke that organised the super 7 was called David Hoggart but according to the great Chris (I Get it wrong every week) Popple he is called Dave Dugard :rofl::rofl::rofl: what a joke every week cocks it up & yet another visiting supporter complains.

Ipswich very worthy winners i felt. :t::t:

I wasn't at all impressed with the presentation - no information provided on the (very long) parade, other than reading out the names of the riders. No interviews, except Peter Karlsson (?!) (during the very long interval) and Kevin Doolan at the end, plus, I think Neil Machin. This was a major event, and needed much more interaction with riders, managers and officials.

Does anyone know what the attendance figure (even approx!) was for the meeting and how did that compare with the rained-off event?

Hello! Were there any qualifications for PL Fours? Who decided what temas took part in this champs?

-----

Ok, I have found that there were semi's earlier this year :) But who decide which teams to takie into the semi's?

Edited by Vicar

My first visit since the Glasgow massacre. The racing had improved slightly, mainly because the riders have sussed the lines which work. Oh hum...got me out of the house on a Sunday afternoon. Still a work in progress.

Great win for the Witches at least they managed to win this 4s event with their TOP 5 riders, that must have had a bearing on the result, no reserves ;)

You almost managed to congratulate the boys on a fine win, without

resorting to a dig at another team member.... maybe, just maybe

one day you'll grow up enough to do the right thing, at the right

time....then again!!

Well done to the boys, great win and a piece of silver ware in our

first season back in the PL.

Well Done to the other teams for having a go.... it takes you all to

make it happen, hard luck and maybe next year will be your year... unless

us Witches spoil the party... :drink:

i have said it time after time Popple will never change the presentation was crap one interview with Peter Karlsson he probabley did all the others when all the fans had gone.