Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I don't think that there is an easy solution, going on the top 7 teams in the league has its flaws because it would judge teams on a 7 riders.

Not too sure about qualifiers because we could see problems with fixture lists, I so think it would be nice to be told at the start of the season what qualifying requirements are from the word go.

I do question whether the host track should be automatically given a spot, Leicester been a team that are one the weakest in the league.

Speedway Regulation 18B states "18B.2.2 Qualification will be as determined by the BSPA and issued as a Supplementary Regulation." I cannot find a supplementary regulation as stated yet, therefore it appears that no draw can be made yet.

BSPA website last week said 'the DRAW will be made to decide the teams '

So seems like they will put in the teams they want in.

So who will the BSPA want in at Leicester?

I wonder:-)

By the way, by next Saturday I somehow don't think Leicester will be anywhere near the weakest team in the league :-)

If the new guys aren't allowed we will be the weakest team in the fours though by someway.

Hall

Graverson

Wright

and possibly Bondarenko (wasn't his average only effective from 4th July) :unsure:

Edited by bornagainlion

I notice there are no admission prices announced for this meeting as yet. I suggest that the prices are not the same as the PL Pairs (adult £20 Concessions £15) as I can see the crowd being well down, as that was.

I notice there are no admission prices announced for this meeting as yet. I suggest that the prices are not the same as the PL Pairs (adult £20 Concessions £15) as I can see the crowd being well down, as that was.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't the same price as at the PL Pairs. You usually find that these Super 7 meetings have the same price for each one. Maybe it'll be different this season, but I can't see it!

£20 for 28 ***races*** seems good value to me, I invisage of very good crowd

i hope you use this word loosely. there is no racing just a gating borefest,won't be wasting my hard earned 20quid :shock:

Any news yet on who has qualified for the fours?

Any news yet on who has qualified for the fours?

I was told last week that if Mark Lemon was fit enough to ride , then Newcastle would be in ahead of Glasgow . And if he wasn't , then Glasgow would be in .

How true that is , i'm not sure . But until we get the qualifiers back - then these sort of grey areas will continue to blight this event .

Personally i'm not really that bothered whether Glasgow are in or not , as it's an expensive period we are going through at the moment with away meetings . And i wouldn't mind giving this a miss .

I was told last week that if Mark Lemon was fit enough to ride , then Newcastle would be in ahead of Glasgow . And if he wasn't , then Glasgow would be in .

How true that is , i'm not sure . But until we get the qualifiers back - then these sort of grey areas will continue to blight this event .

Personally i'm not really that bothered whether Glasgow are in or not , as it's an expensive period we are going through at the moment with away meetings . And i wouldn't mind giving this a miss .

Taken from latest BSPA e-zine.

THE line-up of competing teams has been confirmed for the Premier League Fours to be staged at Leicesters Beaumont Park venue on Sunday August 7.

The basis of selection has been on July 1 averages amongst each clubs top four riders, with the top seven clubs qualifying for the event, and they are joined by Leicester as hosts.

The qualifying clubs, in order of averages, are: Redcar, Sheffield, Workington, Edinburgh, Ipswich, Somerset and Glasgow.

The draw for the event will see the eight clubs split into two groups of four, with the semi-final groups run over eight heats apiece. The top two from each group will then contest the 12-heat Final.

SpeedwayGB Events co-ordinator David Hoggart said: Beaumont Park is a terrific facility, and this meeting promises to be a fantastic day of speedway.

Leicester City Council are 100 per cent behind the event, and they have been giving us every assistance with making the Fours a massive success.

Wed like to advise supporters to buy their tickets in advance if possible, as we are expecting a big crowd on the day.

Contact details for Leicester Speedway are available from the clubs official website, www.leicesterlions.co .

Edited by Tom Thumb

Taken from latest BSPA e-zine.

THE line-up of competing teams has been confirmed for the Premier League Fours to be staged at Leicester’s Beaumont Park venue on Sunday August 7.

The basis of selection has been on July 1 averages amongst each club’s top four riders, with the top seven clubs qualifying for the event, and they are joined by Leicester as hosts.

The qualifying clubs, in order of averages, are: Redcar, Sheffield, Workington, Edinburgh, Ipswich, Somerset and Glasgow.

The draw for the event will see the eight clubs split into two groups of four, with the semi-final groups run over eight heats apiece. The top two from each group will then contest the 12-heat Final.

SpeedwayGB Events co-ordinator David Hoggart said: “Beaumont Park is a terrific facility, and this meeting promises to be a fantastic day of speedway.

“Leicester City Council are 100 per cent behind the event, and they have been giving us every assistance with making the Fours a massive success.

“We’d like to advise supporters to buy their tickets in advance if possible, as we are expecting a big crowd on the day.”

Contact details for Leicester Speedway are available from the club’s official website, www.leicesterlions.co .

I can just see the look of horror in South Wales at the moment :shock:

Lots of posters up around the City centre of the event. Surprised me this morning driving into work.

I can just see the look of horror in South Wales at the moment :shock:

You better bloody believe it. Im bloody fuming as a newport fan. Top 4 riders from each team. I dont know what Hoggart has been looking at but this it. David Hoggart is a complete fool.

1 Leicester HOSTS

2 Redcar 31.18

3 Sheffield 30.55

4 Workington 30.21

5 Edinburgh 29.94

6 Newcastle 29.8

7 Somerset 29.47

8 Newport 29.06

9 Glasgow 28.69

10 Berwick 28.53

11 Ipswich 28.17

12 Rye House 27.97

13 Scunthorpe 27.16

14 Plymouth 26.9

Edited by LFC1892

Is it against the rules to post a full sentence of abuse towards to BSPA?

Here we go again! :shock:

This should be simple - 8 teams, 4 riders in each team, 2 groups of 4, so that each heat has 1 rider per heat.

Top 8 teams qualify into the Finals, those teams qualify from the top 4 riders combined averages, from declared lineups.

Simples..... ?? :drink:

Is it against the rules to post a full sentence of abuse towards to BSPA?

Dont know dont care, Im bloody fuming >:( and so shoud the rest of the Newport, perhaps the BSPA are anti Newport, because facts dont lie.

I'm not surprised, the number of times we've missed out on taking part in these events for no good reason is beyond a joke. It is the same as the NL fours last season where we'd have won with ease.