British Speedway Forum

No Rye House Rockets, which is a blessing, cos now have an excuse not to go!

The Witches are there, but i dont need an excuse not to go to watch "gate and go" at Leicester.

2 groups of 5 and 1 of 4. In the groups of 5 each team will miss 1 of the away legs. It'd make sense t try an get the teams with a clash of race day to not ride at each others tracks, eg Somerset wouldn't ride at Plymouth and vica-versa. Same with Redcar and Sheffield plus Berwick/Workington or Newcastle/Glasgow.

Which does seems abit pointless, that a Southern group would take place and Somerset/Plymouth wouldn't welcome eachother to the other places track, sort of ruining the object.

It was done in 1999 and was a complete success. I remember going to Reading and Exeter for the qualifiers and the crowds were big and each meeting was well fought.

The issue that is stopping them from coming back is that a lot of promotions/riders dont want the extra meetings to organise.

Speedway and the BSPA need to wake up and smell the coffee. The fours and the cut offs is a fiasco. No wonder folk are leaving the sport...No one really understands what's happening in the sport.They change the rules like changing of guard.

There lies the biggest problem . Most Newport fans might be upset , but can kind of understand that maybe Gjedde , Doyle and Sedgmen might have been signed too late for them to be included .

However if the hosts are then allowed to use Neiminen , Bagar and Karlsson it flies in the face of all known qualifying criteria . Ok nobody wants to force the hosts to field a ridiculously weak foursome , but it's a big problem for the organisers - though it's one of their own making . But no doubt they'll just stick their heads in the sand and ignore any difficult questions .

I don't know why so many people are getting hot under the collar over the make up of the teams - we don't know who is riding for which teams yet. Lets see who and then get ourselves worked up!

It was done in 1999 and was a complete success. I remember going to Reading and Exeter for the qualifiers and the crowds were big and each meeting was well fought.

The issue that is stopping them from coming back is that a lot of promotions/riders dont want the extra meetings to

organise.

Yes groups always seemed popular attracting good crowds.

League , Knockout cup and fours and forget this second half season racing which is a complete mess and waste of time Imo

The Witches are there, but i dont need an excuse not to go to watch "gate and go" at Leicester.

So which 'gate and go' track would u like it on then, your Ipswich gate and go track?

Don't think I will be going to this 'Mickey Mouse' event. Leicester should not be riding. Only the top 8 clubs should be involved who should be able to track any 4 riders irrespective of how many times they have ridden this season. Really think that a Leicester line up of Graversen, Bonderenko, Wright & Oliver or Morris will be so embarrasing to watch.

Don't think I will be going to this 'Mickey Mouse' event. Leicester should not be riding. Only the top 8 clubs should be involved who should be able to track any 4 riders irrespective of how many times they have ridden this season. Really think that a Leicester line up of Graversen, Bonderenko, Wright & Oliver or Morris will be so embarrasing to watch.

well on top 4's now Leicester would be in

Apparently it could be even more embarrassing than the Russian team event 2 SWC as only Jlo and Graversen would be able to track for the Lions at present :blink:

Whatever the critiera someone is always going to be against it but I think it's generally accepted in most sports that the hosts have some involvment or perhaps we should do away with wild cards at GP's and just pick the next best riders in the world. I imagine the British Championship wouldn't hold as much interest if winning didn't give you a ride at Cardiff :unsure:

Edited by bornagainlion

Nemo, Karlsson, Bager and Graverson are the leicester Quartet......mmmmm Different rules for the rest I see :shock:

Nemo, Karlsson, Bager and Graverson are the leicester Quartet......mmmmm Different rules for the rest I see :shock:

Absolute joke,BSPA are a bunch of wonkas,

Strange that the hosts are given free licence to put in the team who they see fit and the rest need to use qualifying averages based on number of appearances for their team...

Maybe they've done it like this to give Sweetman a day off from returning to his old stamping ground!

Groups taken courtesy of the BSPA website;

GROUP 1: SOMERSET: Travis McGowan, Cory Gathercole, Sam Masters, James Holder. LEICESTER: Kauko Nieminen, Magnus Karlsson, Henning Bager, Jan Graversen. EDINBURGH: Kevin Wolbert, Craig Cook, Andrew Tully, Matthew Wethers. GLASGOW: Joe Screen, James Grieves, Theo Pijper, Michal Rajkowski.

GROUP 2: SHEFFIELD: Ricky Ashworth, Josh Auty, Shane Parker, Emiliano Sanchez. REDCAR: Matej Kus, Jason Lyons, Aaron Summers, Gary Havelock. WORKINGTON: James Wright, Tomas Topinka, Rusty Harrison, Peter Kildemand. IPSWICH: Kevin Doolan, Morten Risager, Lasse Bjerre, Taylor Poole.

Edited by Nutz