British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stats

Oz Solo Lineups

AUSTRALIAN SOLO CHAMPIONSHIP

The 2004 Australian Senior Solo Speedway Championship has been bolstered with the return of four world championship campaigners to compete in the expanded three-round affair: Leigh Adams, Ryan Sullivan, Todd Wiltshire and Jason Lyons.

Between them, 32-year-old Adams and 28-year-old Sullivan won three out of nine world championship grands prix in 2003, with another Aussie, Jason Crump, winning another two. Adams completed world title hostilities in fourth place, with Sullivan ninth, followed by Wiltshire (19th) and Lyons (20).

Adams is the reigning Australian speedway champion, who will begin his title defence against an ensemble cast of 14 riders at the Gold Coast Silkolene Speedway on Saturday, January 10 – a total of 11 backing up from the 2003 national championship. Rounds two and three will then be held at the Gosford Showground (NSW) and Olympic Park Speedway in Mildura (Vic) on successive Saturdays, culminating on January 24.

The full list of riders in the 2004 championship is as follows:

Leigh Adams

Ryan Sullivan

Jason Lyons

Steve Johnston

Travis McGowan

Mark Lemon

Russell Harrison

Kevin Doolan

Scott Smith

John Jorgensen

Todd Wiltshire

Rory Schlein

Lee Herne

Trent Leverington

Ashley Jones

Wildcard

Christian Henry (reserve)

Nathan Hedley (reserve)

Meanwhile, the championship will be telecast on free-to-air television, under the auspices of the “Speed Machine” program on Channel Nine. The three separate one-hour highlights packages will go to air on a one-week delay, with the opening two rounds preceding channel nine’s one-day international cricket coverage.

The full telecast schedule is as follows:

Rd Meeting

Venue

*Telecast on Channel Nine

1 Saturday, January 10 Gold Coast Silkolene Speedway

(Qld) Sunday, January 18 – 1.30pm

2 Saturday, January 17 Gosford Showground

(NSW) Saturday, January 24 – 1.30pm

3 Saturday, January 24 Olympic Park Speedway, Mildura

(Vic) Saturday, January 31 – 12.30pm

* Check your local guides

AUSTRALIAN U 16 SOLO CHAMPIONSHIPS LINEUP

Following are the riders who have been selected to compete in the Australian Under 16 Solo Speedway Championship, to be held at the Olympic Park Speedway in Mildura (Vic) from January 15-18.

Jason Norman

Sam Martin

Aaron Summers

Ryan Sedgmen

Justin Sedgmen

Brenton Barnfield

Benjamin Brooks

Bob King

Tai Woffinden

Samuel Masters

Korey Williams

Rohan Tungate

Tom Armstrong

Dylan Trengrouse

Josh Grajczonek

Darcy Ward

Jonathon Hepburn (reserve)

Meanwhile, the Australian Under 16 Pairs Speedway Championship will also be held on the January 15-18 program, with the state-based teams as follows:

Vic 1 Sedgmen/Sedgmen

Vic 2 Barnfield/ Brooks

SA Norman/ Martin

Qld Trengrouse/ Grajczonek

WA King/ Woffinden

NSW 1 Masters/ Williams

NSW 2 Armstrong/Tungate

Great line up for the Aussie Champs...looking forward to witnessing all three and will post my thoughts after each (and details if no one else does!) but, alas, because of the clash of dates will not get to see the Oz Under 16 champs. Good luck to all the young 'uns.

Despite having plenty of the Xmas spirit yesterday, I'm up at the crack of dawn this Boxing Day morn as we're off to Mildura later for tomorrow's Victorian State Champs.

Maybe see one or two of the Aussie listees there?

Edited by Bryn

Guess who I'm rooting for, Bryn :)

It is a very good lineup, the best for many years. A pity Crumpy isn't competing, the clashes between the top guns should be well worth seeing.

Will Todd Wiltshire be all fired up to end his career on a high?

Guess who I'm rooting for, Bryn :)

Addy!!!!!

I trust you are aware of the Aussie meaning of the word "rooting"????? :wink::wink::shock::blink::rolleyes:

Guess who I'm rooting for, Bryn  :)

Addy!!!!!

I trust you are aware of the Aussie meaning of the word "rooting"????? :wink::wink::shock::blink::rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Looks like Joanne's got a rival. :D

Isn't it a common agricultural term? :unsure: