British Speedway Forum

The bspa website says there will be 9 pairings (teams) racing over 18 qualifying races

Is there a format or any way of deciding which team misses out?

The bspa website says there will be 9 pairings (teams) racing over 18 qualifying races

Is there a format or any way of deciding which team misses out?

Interesting that there will be 9 pairs from a 8 team league, how will that work? :rofl:

Interesting that there will be 9 pairs from a 8 team league, how will that work? :rofl:

2 pairs from Poole so we win a trophy! ;)

Interesting that there will be 9 pairs from a 8 team league, how will that work?

Or even 9 pairs from a 10 team league... :rolleyes:

And if we have a 10 Team League, who is going to be the lucky team to miss out? :rofl:

They will probably add the totals of the pairings for each team and the lowest misses out. So it could be Eastbourne that misses out.

They will probably add the totals of the pairings for each team and the lowest misses out. So it could be Eastbourne that misses out.

Eastbourne wont with Pedersen and Kylmarkorpi or maybe Gustaffson.

Of the 60 odd meeting I went to last year, this was the most boring meeting I had seen for a long time, I wont be going to this years, save my money for a decent meeting with some racing in it.

What a bore fest.

As the Premier League Pairs is run every year at Somerset with 10 teams then I can not see why there should be a problem. I would suspect article on BSPA site is a copy from last year.

GROUP A:

Wolverhampton (Fredrik Lindgren/Tai Woffinden)

Peterborough (Troy Batchelor/Linus Sundstrom)

Birmingham (Krzysztof Kasprzak/Daniel King)

King's Lynn (Kenneth Bjerre/Niels-Krisitian Iversen)

Swindon (Scott Nicholls/Simon Stead)

GROUP B:

Coventry (Hans Andersen/Edward Kennett)

Lakeside (Adam Shields/Lee Richardson)

Belle Vue (Chris Harris/Rory Schlein)

Eastbourne (Bjarne Pedersen/Joonas Kylmakorpi)

Poole (Chris Holder, Davey Watt)

Why no Nicki?

GROUP A:

Wolverhampton (Fredrik Lindgren/Tai Woffinden)

Peterborough (Troy Batchelor/Linus Sundstrom)

Birmingham (Krzysztof Kasprzak/Daniel King)

King's Lynn (Kenneth Bjerre/Niels-Krisitian Iversen)

Swindon (Scott Nicholls/Simon Stead)

GROUP B:

Coventry (Hans Andersen/Edward Kennett)

Lakeside (Adam Shields/Lee Richardson)

Belle Vue (Chris Harris/Rory Schlein)

Eastbourne (Bjarne Pedersen/Joonas Kylmakorpi)

Poole (Chris Holder, Davey Watt)

Why no Nicki?

Very strange, Nicki has gone on record stating that KL is his favourite track. :blink:

Almost forgot My prediction :o:lol:

Top 4. Poole, King's Lynn, Belle Vue, Wolverhampton with Belle Vue coming out on top :cheers:

Edited by I HATE THE RAIN

TRIPLE world champion Nicki Pedersen will be back at his old track King's Lynn representing Peterborough at next week's Elite League Best Pairs.

Pedersen, back in British racing for the first time since 2007, will partner Troy Batchelor in the star-studded meeting at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday, April 27.

The Dane wasn't originally included in the line-up but organisers have now confirmed his availability and he will go back to a track where he raced every week for two seasons in 2001 and 2002.

King's Lynn co-promoter Jonathan Chapman said: "This is great news for the fans because there is no doubt Nicki Pedersen is box office and it's great to have him back racing in this country.

"And it's only correct that one of the top names in the world should grace a prestigious meeting like this. It's an unbelievable line-up and a huge honour for King's Lynn Speedway to be hosting the event."

Make up your mind BSPA

Maybe a prior commitment in Denmark? He did sign for P'boro very late after all. Or if you are a true cynic it might be worth noting that the first GP is three days later ;)