British Speedway Forum

Good meeting and Poole deserved winners. I thought Rory made a mess of the first bend in the final, he gated on Ward but he didnt block the run left the door open. Also thought Bomber should have gone off 3, gate 1 wasnt working all night and Chris cant gate at the best of times. Off 1 he was so far behind he couldnt get out in the dirt which is where he wants to be. Rory wants to be their too but Chris is better at it.

Well done Poole

Yes, bloomin brilliant when it mattered in the play-offs wasn't he.

He was brilliant, we saw it. He took one look at the track and threw the towel in before he'd even got on his bike!! :rofl:

Edited by Jacques

I think people need to stop the Kenneth Bjerre bashing already.

He looked OK in his first race. Had a puncture in his second. His lanyard came out of the cut out which he was franticly trying to get back in and carried on to finish his third heat and in the forth once he was at the back I just think he gave up for just simply being p!$$ed off. Simple as that really

Anyway

How bloody awesome where Ward & Holder. Outstanding they where and well done to them.

He should have looked good in his first race as it was against a 2nd string Brummies rider and a Nl rider if im not mistaken!!!

As for the other 3 races, I think you look through rose tinted glassed, whilst he can be forgiven for the 1st engine failure (maybe), as was pointed out on the TV, by as certain Mr Tatum, he had been unable to find the problem and yet remained on the same bike, hardly professional.

Kings Lynn were represented by 1 rider who gave his all NKI, and one who has no affiliation to KL at all and is only ever interested in himself. The GP's, are and always will be his priority, which is understandable, but if other GP stars can represent their clubs in the manner with which NP and CH did tonight, then I suggest sooner or later the rose tinted glasses will disappear.

BTW congrats to Poole, who were the only team who realised it was a ''pairs'' meeting.

My first taste of pairs racing and my only question - WHY isn't it raced every week?! Brilliant meeting, some fantastic passing and generally really close heats - much better than the usual Monday night drivel. You could have a mini pairs series, every other week when GPs aren't running - Sats of course!

(It'll never happen).

Still - very much enjoyed tonight and am right in the mood for first GP of the season on Sat now - COME ON BOMBER :lol:

Very good meeting, Kings Lynn is the finest racing track in British Speedway.World class speedway riders have total faith in the track and the racing is 1st class.Holder and Ward will be dominent forces in World Speedway in the near future IMO.Batchelor lets himself down with his petty remarks, would never hack it in Grand Prix Speedway with that attitude.

Congratulations to Poole tonight on a very fine win.

Very disapointed with the Lynn performance tonight really thought we had a chance of winning this.But apparently recent history dosen't favour the home side in the pairs.

Two gripes really when i entered the turnstiles some members of the BSPA were standing there like they owned the place.And i heard one say to some disabled people this is a Bspa event not a King's Lynn event and turned them around and told them to sort it with the office.It was just the way they said it to the poor people.Maybe i am being petty,maybe something was wrong but there is a right and a wrong way to talk to people.

Second thing was Mr Holder while your are a class rider did you have to take a p*ss in the corner of the pits,in view of many people when the toilets are just around the corner :nono:

Pleased to see the Poole Pair win and what a pair they are on track. They didn't have it all their own way in the heats which was good to watch haha.

Such a shame that Batch got excluded in the semi, would have liked to have seen him and Nicki up against CH and DWR in the final, such is their rivallry owwwwwwwwww :)

Good entertainment on a bloomin cold night, 1st bend was infinitely warmer than the 2nd lol

Very disappointed with Kenneth's showing whereas Niels had a good go and scored good points :( Let's hope he doesn't have such bike probs on Satdee eh .............

Very disapointed with the Lynn performance tonight really thought we had a chance of winning this.But apparently recent history dosen't favour the home side in the pairs.

Two gripes really when i entered the turnstiles some members of the BSPA were standing there like they owned the place.And i heard one say to some disabled people this is a Bspa event not a King's Lynn event and turned them around and told them to sort it with the office.It was just the way they said it to the poor people.Maybe i am being petty,maybe something was wrong but there is a right and a wrong way to talk to people.Second thing was Mr Holder while your are a class rider did you have to take a p*ss in the corner of the pits,in view of many people when the toilets are just around the corner :nono:

These BSPA members were? :unsure:

Two gripes really when i entered the turnstiles some members of the BSPA were standing there like they owned the place.And i heard one say to some disabled people this is a Bspa event not a King's Lynn event and turned them around and told them to sort it with the office.It was just the way they said it to the poor people.Maybe i am being petty,maybe something was wrong but there is a right and a wrong way to talk to people.

Second thing was Mr Holder while your are a class rider did you have to take a p*ss in the corner of the pits,in view of many people when the toilets are just around the corner :nono:

Be good if we could identify who those BSPA officials were - very embarrasing and certainly not what the Kings Lynn public are used to - however best not "rock the boat" on what from what i could see was generally a good evenings entertainment. Poole unsurprisingly deserving and worthy winners, Batchelor great rider needs to grow up a bit.

All those (jealous) people who knock the Kings Lynn set up could hardly say anything other tham what the riders said, great track, well prepared again, dont know who does the work these days, imagine Buster organises it.

Highlight for me, seeing Nikki Pederson at Lynn again, as they said pre-meeting share box-office.

These BSPA members were? :unsure:

Well thats not for me to say.But all other fans come through the same turnstyles so if they would like to enlighten people that is down to them.

I just hope they reflect on how things came over and regret the way they said it.It may be normal to them,i don't know.

Well done to poole on the win. the most consistent pair.

Another good meeting on a great track.

Wolves did well to reach the semi`s so i gotta be happy with that.

Other highlights include pedersen getting another last place and Bjerre getting it all wrong in a big meeting,

God help the Stars if they make the play offs with 1 point Kenny leading them.

:wink:

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting, some really great racing, not gonna knock Kenny cos he's been fab for us so far this year, just disappointed that Lynn failed to qualify. Congrats Poole finest pairing on show luckily they had that practice on Good Friday to get their set ups right..... ;) Great full throttle racing showing why Kings Lynn is the best track..... riders quotes not mine ;)

I can only assume the reason Bjerre stuck with the same bike is that he clearly had a problem with it which needed to be sorted.. Now, does he ditch it and use no.2 which leaves no.1 still unraceable and try to sort it out at Kings Lynn's next meeting? Or does he try and fix the problem in a meeting they had little chance in?

I doubt these bikes are the ones he'll use in the GP, they usually use their European bikes for European GPs so I doubt he was trying to fix the problem for Saturday. If they are the same bikes/engines then he has all of Friday to sort the problem and should have used no.2.

Sometimes gremlins do happen though, and I'm sure his team would have thought the problem was fixed before each race or he wouldn't go out on it. Sometimes a bike will run sweet on the stand and around to the start but under power it can react differently. All the talk of him not bothering on here, but I imagine it was a torrid night for him and his crew and more than likely a less than happy drive home.

I'm no Bjerre fan by any means but I think people are commenting on the 10% they saw and not giving a thought for the unseen 90% which undoubtedly occurred between races.

One comment even suggests Chris Harris "wasn't interested" just for coming last in a tough final off a bad gate. It never ceases to amaze me.

Just a query on the Grid Girls - I think 'Start Tarts' is a bit demeaning to my favourite ladies - were they the Kings Lynn Regulars or did the BSPA spend a few dollars? Either way they were very healthy-looking examples of the fairer sex; I'm just watching the replay before making my final decision between Blue & White.

As far as KB's night to forget: I was disappointed more for the home fans rather than reading any conspiracy theories into his poor performance.

Very disappointed with Kenneth's showing whereas Niels had a good go and scored good points :( Let's hope he doesn't have such bike probs on Satdee eh .............

Lol, i hope his pi$$ing bikes naff right up for him on Saturday! Just my personal opinion mind.

Felt sorry for Niels having to carry the can on his tod!

Harris, Lindgren, Pedersen and Holder could've ALL taken it easy last night, but guess they're a different breed than 'our' Mr Bjerre! :rolleyes:

Holder and Ward sublime, very well done to them both.