British Speedway Forum

So basically people are basing their Bjerre bashing on one bad play off meeting on a very, very heavy track. Not the fact that he averaged nine and a half last year, is pretty much maintaining that this year and last year scored well in the UK in every meeting directly before each GP? Just so I know.

So basically people are basing their Bjerre bashing on one bad play off meeting on a very, very heavy track. Not the fact that he averaged nine and a half last year, is pretty much maintaining that this year and last year scored well in the UK in every meeting directly before each GP? Just so I know.

I'm only going on what I saw last night, it was a TEAM meeting, Niels was the only one representing our TEAM afaik, a very poor showing from Bjerre last night in front of his home supporters, and his other supporters from Boro :wink: I have no idea what the man did last season as I took no interest.

I would've rather watched Jake Knight riding for us last night, knowing that every lap he rode an effort was made!

Edited by shooting star

Just had a quick look at Bjerre's Peterborough scores in his last UK match before each GP last year, most of which were in the five days leading up to the Saturday of the event. They were;

11 from 5 rides

14+1(5)

17(6)

15(6)

14(5)

17(6)

11(4)

10+1(6)

14(5)

12(4)

10(5)

Some of those scores included TR's.

A 'waste of time' who averaged nine and a half for your team. I'm guessing his performance in the Play Offs against Coventry still rankles.

Bjerre on most occasions was brilliant for the Panthers last year and his final average showed that, most Panthers fans are well aware of that despite one persons crusade.

I don't think anybody is doubting the ability of bjerre and what he is caable of but it is because we are very passionate about our club and on a night when we should have been pushing for a semi and final spot we we all left let down by his efforts I'm sure he will bounce back from this coz u don't turn into a bad rider overnight but I personally felt let down by him last night

Bjerre on most occasions was brilliant for the Panthers last year and his final average showed that

that is a FACT bar the play offs he was top notch,

I can only assume the reason Bjerre stuck with the same bike is that he clearly had a problem with it which needed to be sorted.. Now, does he ditch it and use no.2 which leaves no.1 still unraceable and try to sort it out at Kings Lynn's next meeting? Or does he try and fix the problem in a meeting they had little chance in?

He should have ridden a bike that was going well on the night and sort the other one in between meetings, no doubt his Dad and brother could sort it if they have more time than him! Are you telling me that if his first bike at any GP had problems that he would use that all night?

Poole will do anything to win a trophy and the logical choice for the Kings Lynn track is Darcy Ward but please don't try and paint a rosy picture of gallantry on behalf of Watt to sacrifice himself for the club, Fat Maud told him he was out and Darcy was in and that was that :rolleyes:

Its called ambition, pity your own promotion didn't have any then all speedway fans especially your own would not off lost a great club.

Well the way people are talking you'd think that he has form as long as your arm for doing it in the past. Yet he scored double figures in every meeting he rode in over here last year directly before a GP.

As I said, it would seem his one point versus Coventry in the Play Offs is still fresh in your mind.

Like others though I would question why he kept using the same bike seeing as it kept playing up.

Its ok scoring double figures but it means nothing when the no1 crumples when hes needed to produce the goods??

The guy is only out for himself of that Im sure,sod the team!

I think he should apologise to the fans for another shoddy performance but I wouldnt hold my breath?

Yes, bloomin brilliant when it mattered in the play-offs wasn't he.

On the nail!!!!

Well done Poole, Holder and Ward and awesome to watch as a pair,reminds me of the great days of P Collins amd C Morton.

Congrates also to Chris and Rooboy for a good runner up prise.

I'm only going on what I saw last night,

And making up what you couldn't see, as I said.

Unless people know for a fact that there was nothing wrong with his bike I don't understand how Bjerre can be criticised for a lack of effort. I'm not too fussed about the opinions of others as most seem to have their own agendas and grudges but its a great pity in my eyes that so many Lynn fans are getting on his back.

Bjerre's was a big disappointment. The Lynn fans will certaibnly be taking a big interest in his next Wed night run out before a GP. The guy is as good a number one as there is to be had. I dont feel the lad is a great with a Mic shoved under his nose as he doesnt come over that well, and maybe thats why people want to have a dig at him. My feeling is I wonder if last night had been a GP whether he would have 3 breakdowns and stuck with the same maching ? My thoughts are he wouldnt, so in that respect he was showing contempt for both the competetion and his club.

As for the meeting worthy winners in Ward and Holder. I wonder which one Poole fans will want to keep for next season (8 point rule and all that)? Maybe with Bjerre a big Rick Frost man, there maybe a a number one spot going at Saddlebow for either Ward or Holder next season.

Was pleaseing to hear many of the riders singting the praises of the track at Lynn. Fast Freddie seemed to really love it, what a racer that boy is. If there was one rider I would love to see wearing a Lynn team suite, forget ya Crumps, Holders, Pedersen's give me Freddie every time.

Both Ward and Holder will be at Poole no worries,the 8 point rule will be scrapped.

Really ? Can you post the link where this has been confirmed ?