British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahLapworth

Team Viking - Official Statement

We would like to inform everyone that this sundays meeting at Newcastle against the USA touring team will in fact be Team Vikings last ever meeting.

We have enjoyed the 2 years we have been doing these tours but during our current tour we have faced so many problems and have been let down badly by certain riders. We would like to thank Lee Geary, Alex Edberg and Jonas B Andersen for being commited to the team, without them the following week would not have been possible. Although the tours normally last for 10 days it takes months of planning and when riders drop out at the 11th hour it is almost impossible to get another rider to travel over to replace them plus we have had 2 riders go home whist already over here which has hit the team badly.

We are extremly proud of what we have acheived over these 2 years and we hope we have showcased some of the stars of the future. We have made so many good friends out of this and we would never change that but the time has come where myself and Kelvin just don't have the appetite anymore to put so much of our time into something that we are being let down on.

We will however keep the Viking name going as we are entering a team in the new Midlands league where we will be based out of Sheffield and we would like to spend our time now helping british riders gain experience and team places. We will also be taking a team to Belgium in June which will consist of 3 British riders and 2 Scandinavians.

I would like to thank you all for the support you have all given us and look forward to seeing you all again soon with our viking academy venture. So lets bring on Newcastle and lets go out in style :cheers:

Such a shame it's come to this :(

Always looked forward to seeing Team Viking.

Gutted for you both, well, for everyone !

Be proud of what you did. Good luck for the future, and thank you

Thanks for everything Sarah and Kelvin, most people just dont relise the time and effort that is needed to arrange Tours such as these, and for riders to let you down is unforgivable. I am sure your next venture will be a success, and wish you luck with it. :cheers:

Thanks for everything Sarah and Kelvin, most people just dont relise the time and effort that is needed to arrange Tours such as these, and for riders to let you down is unforgivable. I am sure your next venture will be a success, and wish you luck with it. :cheers:

Ditto.

And talking of other ventures, is the Tamworth Saxons still an ongoing project..?

Sarah and Kelvin thanks for all you guys have done in Speedway.Hopefully we can meet up in the future with some Young Americans.

Ditto.

And talking of other ventures, is the Tamworth Saxons still an ongoing project..?

The Tamworth Saxons is the Viking Academy in all but name :wink: being based out of Sheffield it didnt seem right to call them Tamworth for this year although that may change in the future.

A statement regarding the Midlands league will be issued shortly and its gonna be exciting times ahead for 2nd half racing :lol:

Edited by SarahLapworth

Couldn't have put it any better. :t:

Good luck with all your future projects, and thanks for bringing Tommy J to Scunthorpe :)

Couldn't have put it any better. :t:

Good luck with all your future projects, and thanks for bringing Tommy J to Scunthorpe :)

your welcome :rolleyes:

Tommy will be Scunny #1 by the end of 2012 i'm sure of that.

I don't know where to ask for this: does anyone knows any details from yesterdays match?

I don't know where to ask for this: does anyone knows any details from yesterdays match?

Posted by jackofdiamonds in the PL section:

Vikings

1 Alexander Edberg 10+2 from 5

2 Jaimie Pickard 15+2 from 6 very impressive

3 Mitchell Davey 9 from 5

4 R/r

5 Byron Bekker 15 from 6 one engine failure

6 Lee Geary 5+1 from 4

7 Marvin Somnier(?)2 from 4

USA

1 Eddie Castro 9+1 from 5 inc 4 from t/r

2 Dylan Black 2 from 4