British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

Well, he's apologised and gained nowt. Pity any of it had to happen. :cry:

Pleased he has been man enough to apologise, and allowed both Peterbrough anmd Coventry back into the new 10 team league which is great news for speedway. Matters will still simmer for a little while, as relations have been sorely stretched these last few months. Genuinely felt sorry for both sets of fans, who generally have been blameless in this sad saga.

Onwards and upwards now, and time to start taking more interest in speedway on the track. :rolleyes:

Good to see Cov and Pboro back in, just a shame about all the muppets and their snide comments in this thread.

Welcome back to both teams, thank goodness for that!

Be pleased to see those pesky Bees and Panthers around Arena :-)

Come on folks - the dispute is over. Let's put it all behind us and move on.

PLEASE!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

I think 98% of us have moved on WK, just keep getting jumped on.. It will fade soon I'm sure.

PLEASE!!!!

I quite agree!

Unfortunately, little pests potter along to disrupt things...

I'm good, I have a TEAM to support this year and what great support they have too.. :approve::cheers:

Bugger!... There goes the Eastbourne plan of getting Pawlicki on a 4 for our vacant number 7 spot! ;)

Joke! ..its great news ... maybe we could now get the fixtures anytime in the next month or so? :unsure:

It was actually said in fun Rob, I suppose I should have put a smiley in.

I appreciate that, but it did rather revive the idea that Brum's promotion was part of the C&P situation ;-)

Just clarifying. As I said there are more important matters...

Rob McCaffery.

Edited by rmc

... maybe we could now get the fixtures anytime in the next month or so?

They should be out, in full, on Monday.

I appreciate that, but it did rather revive the idea that Brum's promotion was part of the C&P situation ;-)Just clarifying. As I said there are more important matters...

Rob McCaffery.

But stirring none the less. I know, you know, lets leave it at that ... :cheers:

But stirring none the less. I know, you know, lets leave it at that ... :cheers:

Very reluctantly I can't. There was no intention whatsoever to stir, just to clarify something. I've deliberately kept out of the C&P argument this winter because like many I was so disgusted with the stirring going on, only having to make a couple of postings when I saw a couple of things that thoroughly appalled me - and that was in response to 'stirrers'. Then I saw something tonight that needed a small correction.

Yes people do need to move on and I know you've had an appalling winter. Having stated my sympathy to the Coventry and Peterborough supporters I'd have hoped for better from one whose opinion I normally respect!

Now, THERE ARE FAR MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS GOING ON.

Rob McCaffery

The first time you read it you think what a waste of money paying Solicitors to produce something which looks like a 12 year old wrote it. But after reading it another couple of times, you realise it's clever in a way. Nobody apologies, nobody admits to doing anything wrong, none of the accusations made against anyone are withdrawn and the second sentence could be read as Coventry and Peterborough accepting the BSPA did things that could have been avoided or that they themselves did!

As a neutral, I have to say it's big of Alex Harkness and Matt Ford not to insist the very personal comments about them were publicly withdrawn and credit to Rick Frost and Coventry for realising a solution was the most important thing. 10 clubs, great. I hope Sky televise Poole v Coventry and Coventry v Poole! Make Ford and Trump team managers for both matches, even the coin toss would be interesting!

Well, he's apologised and gained nowt. Pity any of it had to happen. :cry:

Pleased he has been man enough to apologise, and allowed both Peterbrough anmd Coventry back into the new 10 team league which is great news for speedway. Matters will still simmer for a little while, as relations have been sorely stretched these last few months. Genuinely felt sorry for both sets of fans, who generally have been blameless in this sad saga.

Onwards and upwards now, and time to start taking more interest in speedway on the track. :rolleyes:

Very true. Glad we now officially have a ten team Elite League. but what a waste of time, money and effort to sort out this sorry mess which finally ended with the Trump apology which was always required, regardless of what Alan Boon said on here.

Looking forward to a larger fixture list and a trip to Peterborough later this year if I am not working on the day. Both C&P are likely to be teams making up the numbers this year but I am glad they are in rather than missing out due to their promotions actions. Finally some good news out of the mess they made.