British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

Theres a nice little double header on the 22/4/11 if you look at the fixtures too... ;)

Yep...Good Friday ! Lovely jubbly ! :approve:

and we now have fixtures against lakeside (a & b ),eastbourne and birmingham,a working relationship with those 3 clubs seems to have come quickly :)

Edited by aj.

Alls well that ends well. We were all hoping for a 9-team league at best in before the AGM and we have a 10 team league so that can't be bad.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and looking back on the winter it is difficult to see what a lot of the fuss was about. Having seen the wording of the statement it is now easy to see why there was such a fuss over the apology/admission/acknowledgement or whatever label you care to give it. Allen Trump has substantial business interests outside of speedway. In that kind of environment it is important to have reputation for being discreet. He has now publicly admitted that he has a loose tongue and that may prove to be an albatross round his neck if a similar issue arises in future, inside or outside of the sport. People will point to this statement and say he has form. Any business man doing a bit of Internet research on Mr Trump will come across this pretty quickly.

Its been a bruising battle for both sides so I doubt whether anyone will be in a hurry to commit this degree of time and resources to a similar dispute in a hurry so we can all enjoy the peace (for a while)rolleyes.gif

You beat me to it! They haven't quite managed to fill the riders names in though.... :rolleyes:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/elteams11.html'>http://www.speedwaygb.co/elteams11.html

They seem to have lost Eastbourne,have they upset someone?........

http://www.speedwaygb.co/elteams11.html

Alls well that ends well. We were all hoping for a 9-team league at best in before the AGM and we have a 10 team league so that can't be bad.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and looking back on the winter it is difficult to see what a lot of the fuss was about. Having seen the wording of the statement it is now easy to see why there was such a fuss over the apology/admission/acknowledgement or whatever label you care to give it. Allen Trump has substantial business interests outside of speedway. In that kind of environment it is important to have reputation for being discreet. He has now publicly admitted that he has a loose tongue and that may prove to be an albatross round his neck if a similar issue arises in future, inside or outside of the sport. People will point to this statement and say he has form. Any business man doing a bit of Internet research on Mr Trump will come across this pretty quickly.

Its been a bruising battle for both sides so I doubt whether anyone will be in a hurry to commit this degree of time and resources to a similar dispute in a hurry so we can all enjoy the peace (for a while)rolleyes.gif

Absolute junk as usual, but hopefully your last on this subject.

Well said and spot on. :cheers:

I don't think this will make much difference to his outside interests, and it won't be that long before it is old news in the speedway world.

I don't think this will make much difference to his outside interests, and it won't be that long before it is old news in the speedway world.

I agree....fish and chip paper :wink:

Absolute junk as usual, but hopefully your last on this subject.

Your usual one liner I see, has someone taught you the broken record technique or is it your natural style for dealing with people who have the audacity to post views that differ to your own? I don't recall any of your posts that could be called a contribution to reasoned debate; most have been nasty and unnecessary little one-line put downs. You are indeed the junkmeister; congratulations!

Your usual one liner I see, has someone taught you the broken record technique or is it your natural style for dealing with people who have the audacity to post views that differ to your own? I don't recall any of your posts that could be called a contribution to reasoned debate; most have been nasty and unnecessary little one-line put downs. You are indeed the junkmeister; congratulations!

Likewise I hope this is your last post on the subject.

Interesting to note that most true fans have welcomed back the two teams on here with elation and relief and have congratulated the fans of those two clubs on finally seeing the back of their nightmare and being able to enjoy their speedway, all with the exception of you, Custer and Shovlar it would seem. I think that in itself tells us who the genuine people are on this forum.

There is a positive vibe around at the moment. Only 3 or 4 people are still to realise it.

When you have something positive to say without a negative back hander then get back to me. Until then, don't bother. No one cares.

Firstly, brilliant news for speedway.

Secondly, what an atrocious release from the BSPA it has a feel of two kids falling out in the playground.

This situation has been cringe-worthy and, I fear, will have a longer effect on Elite League Speedway than we would like to think.

Firstly, brilliant news for speedway.

Secondly, what an atrocious release from the BSPA it has a feel of two kids falling out in the playground.

This situation has been cringe-worthy and, I fear, will have a longer effect on Elite League Speedway than we would like to think.

It was released by the BSPA but is a joint statement. "THE BSPA and Coventry and Peterborough are delighted to announce" so presumably took the talents of all three to draft. :lol: