Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

Funny how this came out after working hours on a Friday. More surprised that they actually put out a statement however: I thought they might just issue the new fixture list and hope that people did not notice that it included Coventry and Peterborough.

well done Trumpy... it takes a big man to apologise, especially when what he said was bang on the mark. I imagine the hairdresser is mincing about his salon waving it about with glee

Not much of an apology though is it? Accepting things were said in the heat of the moment that could have been avoided, is a bit different than a retraction or admitting they were untrue or even saying sorry.

Glad that we have the two teams back, hope that the respective promoters can now work together for the mutual benefit of the sport.

Pleased for all Coventry and Peterborough fans who, I'm sure, will now put the Winter shenanigans behind them. And that's two Elite tracks for me to take in on this year's speedway-watching travels.

Thank goodness thats all over for the time being!!

Now all those that had/have bad things to say about the BSPA, be very careful in future as C & P are back in membership!!

Rosco has just announced on CWR our first official EL meeting will be next Friday against the Birmingham Brummies.. :approve:

Our 1st chance to see super KK again. :party::approve:

About time!

Fantastic news for the long-suffering Bees and Panthers fans, but I still can't believe the way that all sides have behaved this winter.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Amazingly people are still bickering about whether the statement is worded right or not. :rolleyes:

Its clear that the issues mentioned were the main sticking points - otherwise why add them.

Anyway, THANK GOD we can finally accept that its a ten team leagie and get on with it.

Would have been good if they could have finally issued the main rules but im sure that will be sorted in time.

Steve people on here will still be bickering at the end of season because they like something to moan about. lets just get on with the speedway im not bothered as long as i can watch some speedway

Great news, if not unexpected. How strange that certain people are not posting on this thread to celebrate the news.

I wonder which teams will be contesting the "Hokey-Cokey Cup" next year?

Edited by BritPete

Great news if not unexpected. How strange that certain people are not posting on this thread to celebrate the news.

I wonder which teams will be contesting the "Hokey-Cokey Cup next year?

Its a lot better without them . theyre not even commenting on their new aquisition at Poole !! I think their stunned

Edited by dornier

Congratulations and jubilations to everyone concerned for finally seeing sense and best wishes to all Coventry and Peterborough fans who deserve their speedway.

Now everyone can enjoy their racing. Have a good season all.

Congratulations and jubilations to everyone concerned for finally seeing sense and best wishes to all Coventry and Peterborough fans who deserve their speedway.

Now everyone can enjoy their racing. Have a good season all.

Thanks Mr I :t:

Well - there we have it. A pretty poor Statement - BUT - Coventry and Peterborough are back and that is the main thing. :t:

Perhaps now we can concentrate on our wonderful Sport - let's leave all the name calling and nastiness where it belongs - in the Past.

The BSPA and Coventry and Peterborough seem to have come to an accommodation - we, as Supporters, can do no less.

Here's to the new Season - may we ALL get some GREAT Speedway on the Track and, hopefully, harmony, toleration and peace off it. :cheers::drink:

I forgot to say - Congratulations - to Coventry and Peterborough. A TEN Team League should be excellent.

Edited by The White Knight

well done Trumpy... it takes a big man to apologise, especially when what he said was bang on the mark. I imagine the hairdresser is mincing about his salon waving it about with glee

Ummm.....he's not a hairdresser and doesn't have a salon! Sold it years ago, do keep up!mad0025.gif

Hope,Poole v Coventry is on Sky.

Shovlar,leading the rebellion.

Modern day,Emmeline Pankhurst. :rofl:

Quality :lol:

And relax........