British Speedway Forum
Gambo

Rolling Averages

To stop average fiddling. By always including 20+ meetings 2 or 3 bad meetings will only make a tiny dent in a riders average. 2 or 3 bad meetings in 6 will make a massive difference.

They are a good thing tbf.

Cheers SCB. :t::approve:

To stop average fiddling. By always including 20+ meetings 2 or 3 bad meetings will only make a tiny dent in a riders average. 2 or 3 bad meetings in 6 will make a massive difference.

They are a good thing tbf.

agree re stopping the fiddles.

In the PL this year though depending on fixture timing 6 of the 24 fixtures included could be against just 1 club out of the 13.

so unless both records are identical there is a definitive order and no choice. Thanks.

Edit - Anyone have the 2 sets of figures to be able to post?

Thank you BSPA for not even bothering to acknowledge my email request let alone providing the info.

Do riders BSPA GSA Rolling Averages include bonus points?

No, with extra points gained thro my hated T/R, also, not counting.

No, with extra points gained thro my hated T/R, also, not counting.

Thank you.

Anyone know if meetings for/against Birmingham in 2014 are included in the averages? Or are they now official removed?

Anyone know if meetings for/against Birmingham in 2014 are included in the averages? Or are they now official removed?

I'm pretty sure they were removed straight after Birmingham's demise and the averages recalculated accordingly.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they were removed straight after Birmingham's demise and the averages recalculated accordingly.

Ah, but Ben Barker signed for Coventry on 5.94 (his real time rolling average). His 2013 rolling average 6.47. So clearly Bens average was not recalculated. Similarly, Danny King signed for Lakeside no 6.71 replacing Bech (7.39) but his 2013 figure was 7.46 so wouldn't have fitted. Kennett also guested for Milik when his 2013 figure was higher than Miliks 2014 figure (at the time).

There no consistency at all.

Ah, but Ben Barker signed for Coventry on 5.94 (his real time rolling average). His 2013 rolling average 6.47. So clearly Bens average was not recalculated. Similarly, Danny King signed for Lakeside no 6.71 replacing Bech (7.39) but his 2013 figure was 7.46 so wouldn't have fitted. Kennett also guested for Milik when his 2013 figure was higher than Miliks 2014 figure (at the time).

There no consistency at all.

This is Speedway we are talking about.

................... or did you not realise. :o;):D :D :P

I thought I knew how the averages worked but I am flummoxed by Holder and Iversens averages.I just thought I would look on the BSPA site because I thought Holder had a 9+ average,i was wrong.But I did see his average after he had finished his stint at Poole was 8.83 all the way through the different issues then on the final one his average dropped to 8.75,why?

With Iversen's average he got injured in the early to mid September and his average come 23rd September was issued at 8.77 for October so all the required matches were taken into account.So to me he would have no more matches to add to that average.But come the final issue his average jumped to 9.03.

Over to you SCB could you explain

Elite & Premier Leagues will now only use the last 20 League matches for 2015 updated Green Sheet calculations.

As has been in the past, I would expect the first Issue to implement any average changes will be for May.

(Apart from if there are any prior issued GSA's if Assessed/Converted average riders pass the 4H & 4A match criteria prior to the 21st April cut-off date.)

But I guess that looks unlikely in the space of just 4 weeks.

ATB

Dave

Elite & Premier Leagues will now only use the last 20 League matches for 2015 updated Green Sheet calculations.

As has been in the past, I would expect the first Issue to implement any average changes will be for May.

(Apart from if there are any prior issued GSA's if Assessed/Converted average riders pass the 4H & 4A match criteria prior to the 21st April cut-off date.)

But I guess that looks unlikely in the space of just 4 weeks.

ATB

Dave

Interesting. I see quite a few rider having some pretty big jumps when the first set of average come out then!

And if My figures are right, that'll mean with bonus points Bomber will be EL number 1 :D

Will also see Dakota Norths average jump to 7.5 - I wonder if Matt has a 7.5 rider just waiting to sign as a replacement?

Looking at the new averages on the BSPA web-site, and the new rolling average now at 20 matches, sure makes a mockery of that 2 riders over 7 rule.

Surely these should have appeared before the teams were decided, not wait till the season started..............

• Like 1

Looking at the new averages on the BSPA web-site, and the new rolling average now at 20 matches, sure makes a mockery of that 2 riders over 7 rule.

Surely these should have appeared before the teams were decided, not wait till the season started..............

Thought the same as poole will have 4 riders over 7 whilst Wolves will have none!

Worrying for Wolves as Freddie would be on a 5pt avg if needed guest and Kennett would become a heat leader for Lakeside.

New way of doing averages leaves teams open to manipulation in making changes, preferred 28match

Edited by mdmc82