British Speedway Forum
Gambo

Rolling Averages

Final averages now out for both Premiership & Championship Leagues.

For teambuilding purposes, will the 1.2 conversion be used between Leagues if only rode in one?

If a rider has ridden in both leagues, what average will be used now they have ridden to the same race format?

Any rider not in that list but has ridden in the old racing format still have the 1.4 conversion applied(even though it did not apply to Musielak & THJ in 2017, possibly Lahti also but unsure)?

Has there been any confirmation that rolling averages will return and if so the number of meetings to be used etc

Given that the one rider over eight rule hasn't yet (if it ever will be) been confirmed and assessed averages still seem very much up in the air, the answer is who knows.

Anyway I doubt if anything will be confirmed until the second week of January (at the earliest).

Edited by arnieg

Indeed arnieg everything still seems up in the air - I just couldnt recall seeing any indication either way about the return or otherwise

To not bring rolling averages back would be another backward step for me

As far as I am aware, Rolling Averages will start in 2019, using 2018-2019 stats.

I am not aware of the reasoning behind this, so please don't shoot the messenger! :rolleyes:

Edited by Gambo
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Gambo

Can see some teams in the Championship using the League Cup to manipulate changes for the main event of a play off push then :cry: 

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, Gambo said:

As far as I am aware, Rolling Averages will start in 2019, using 2018-2019 stats.

I am not aware of the reasoning behind this, so please don't shoot the messenger! :rolleyes:

Apparently, there has now been a *U-Turn/*Rethink/*Clarification (*delete as appropriate) regarding the Green Sheets.

2017 averages WILL be included this year for a 20 match Rolling Average.

Riders who do not have a 2017 average will maintain their starting average until they have completed 4H & 4A.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gambo said:

Apparently, there has now been a *U-Turn/*Rethink/*Clarification (*delete as appropriate) regarding the Green Sheets.

2017 averages WILL be included this year for a 20 match Rolling Average.

Riders who do not have a 2017 average will maintain their starting average until they have completed 4H & 4A.

The right decision in order to remove/reduce the impact of any attempt of manipulation

One that shouldve been made in November however better late than never!

Looking at the new list it must be that shield matches have been included as well after all

Eg Danyon Hume had 7 2017 meetings (hence still assessed at 2) but on new list he has 10 meetings included which can only be the 3 shield meetings prior to the cut off date

49 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Looking at the new list it must be that shield matches have been included as well after all

Eg Danyon Hume had 7 2017 meetings (hence still assessed at 2) but on new list he has 10 meetings included which can only be the 3 shield meetings prior to the cut off date

You are correct. Championship Shield matches are included in the Rolling Average. :t:

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

You are correct. Championship Shield matches are included in the Rolling Average. :t:

Even though the regs state league matches only!! :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Even though the regs state league matches only!! :rolleyes:

Correct, again. Supplementary Regulation to be issued shortly. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BSPA site has the new green sheet aves for May 1st onwards.

rolling averages have beeen used... the last 20 matches

so all teams have new aves in May

Steve Worrall premiership average gone down even though he not ridden a meeting!

There is now a revised release covering 30 meetings!