British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

I know the King's Lynn track record wont be broken untill some serious dirt is put down. The only time i can remember anyone coming close was in the sheffield play off meeting in 2007, when the track was doctored to suit lynn riders and it was way to deep most riders couldn't handle it except for Tomas Topinka who missed the track record by about 0.1 of a second. :rolleyes:

Said from behind a keyboard with 3,000posts + to his name...

Wrong on both accounts.

I tried this once, having been looking for the information myself, but the records changed so often I couldn't keep up. Good luck with it, Nutz, it's a handy resource to have. :)

If one of the mods could make it a Sticky, then it'd be a bit easier to update I think - Making it a little like the "confirmed signings" thread that runs prior to the season...

Todd Kurtz new NL track record of 59.04 at Newport on 17/04/11

Todd Kurtz new NL track record of 59.04 at Newport on 17/04/11

Updated, Cheers

With the new Silencers slowing down the bikes slightly I would have thought a lot of the records will stand for a while ?

David Howe broke the Scunthorpe TR with the new silencer. Riders are getting up to speed with them and hitting the times they were hitting last year.

The average speed proves that Sheffield is by far the fastest track in Britain :approve:

David Howe broke the Scunthorpe TR with the new silencer. Riders are getting up to speed with them and hitting the times they were hitting last year.

The average speed proves that Sheffield is by far the fastest track in Britain :approve:

By 1 and a half mph.

I don't think the average speed necessarily proves anything anyway, as the track length is measured round the kerb and doesn't take into account how far round the racing line is. For example as quick as Sheffield is I can't imagine that Peterborough is any slower in real terms as its also a flat out track.

Clubs should really start recording them again with the new exhausts coming in this year, the current track records are doubtfully to be beaten again.

Clubs should really start recording them again with the new exhausts coming in this year, the current track records are doubtfully to be beaten again.

Coventry for one, used to have 2 track records listed (before the track changed, circa 1985) with one for old tyres and one for (then) new tyres.

A similar thing should be done for the silencers, although Scunthorpe's has already fallen.

I didn't mean to write Scumthorpe, honest!

Edited by ImpartialOne

In the Belle Vue NL record by Jason Garrity on 23rd Mar '11 you've transposed the figures and put 63.2 instead of 62.3

By 1 and a half mph.

That's fast enough - it would make a massively huge difference in F1.

That's fast enough - it would make a massively huge difference in F1.

It is also the difference between 1st and last in speedway, but however you look at it it is still only 1.5mph which is not a massive difference in speed, and in Formula 1 the percentage would be significantly less than it is in speedway.

as the track length is measured round the kerb

No it isn't. It's measured on a racing line 1 metre out from the kerb.

In the Belle Vue NL record by Jason Garrity on 23rd Mar '11 you've transposed the figures and put 63.2 instead of 62.3

Really? Looking at the Belle Vue website, Jason recorded 63.2 in heat 4 which was the fastest that was recorded - However, some races don't have times against them...