British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

You've a bucket load of TR's to add in for cookie!

Can't keep up with them all to be honest!!!

But will update as soon as I can!

Wolverhampton Last Night

Heat 01: Ward,Thorssell,Lindgren,Krcmar...53.45 NEW TRACK RECORD 3-3

Thanks to Speedway Updates

Wolverhampton Last Night

Heat 01: Ward,Thorssell,Lindgren,Krcmar...53.45 NEW TRACK RECORD 3-3

Thanks to Speedway Updates

Tai equalled his track record at the British Final and was gutted as he shut off coming out of the fourth bend. Here Ward shut off with about 20 yards to go so could have been as low as 53.35 or 53.20

The TR for Brooklands (Romford) was recorded as 68.8secs and set on 25 March 1971.

Tony (Shrimp) Davey set it in Heat 4 and the time was equalled by John (Tiger) Louis in Heat 12 and again in JL's defence of the Silver Helmet against the late Colin Sanders.

The track length was recorded as 375 yards - which apparently equates to 342.9 metres.

I remember the Witches pair winning their heats by a clear distance that night. Tony Davey recording a 5 x ride maximum from Reserve and JL a 12pt maximum.

And an update on a couple of Craig Cook's TRs -

Ipswich TR is now 56.0secs set on 16 July 2015.

Somerset TR is now 54.68secs set last night, breaking Leigh Adams' previous best of 56.08 from 23rd May 2007.

Ok, think I've finally got this up to date as much as I can find or as much as some of the teams websites allow...

Can't believe it's so difficult on some teams sites to find this information and on some, it's not even listed!!!!

Anyway, if you find a glaringly obvious mistake, please feel free to let me know and I'll try now and keep on top of them when a record is broken...

Could anyone ever match the achievements of the great Birmingham rider Graham Warren who broke the Perry Barr track record eleven times and also simultaneously held the track records at six other tracks?

In the far off days when Speedway could boast a multitude of stars Ian Williams the brother of Fred and Eric who did not reach the same heights, broke the Wembley track record during a second half event.

I lived within walking distance of the old Wimbledon Plough Lane track in the late fifties and early sixties. I was there the night that Peter Craven beat our home team hero Ronnie Moore in the Golden helmet match race. He set a new track record of 63.8 which beat the old record by quite a bit. Peter was an amazing rider and represented Belle Vue. So tragic that he died in a racing event. In those days Peter, Ronnie and Ove Fundin were very dominating.

Edited by Celticman

On 11/29/2018 at 8:49 AM, Owenbros said:

This is an interesting topic, could the information be brought up to date before the season starts?

Yes, it's my intention to get this as much up to date as I can!

It's not that easy as some clubs don't have the data on their website (and of course I rely sometimes on friendly users to offer historical data!) 

On 12/12/2019 at 5:32 AM, Celticman said:

In those days Peter, Ronnie and Ove Fundin were very dominating.

Not forgetting a certain Mr Barry Briggs of course as well as Bjorn Knutson.

23 hours ago, norbold said:

Not forgetting a certain Mr Barry Briggs of course as well as Bjorn Knutson.

Good point. Briggo was amazing and had a spectacular career. I think Knutson is unfairly overlooked to some degree because of his brief career, retiring at 28. He might have had more success internationally vs. domestic (not to belittle the latter)

Is Peterborough the fastest track in the country. Working on track records of Belle Vue, Sheffield and Peterborough which appear to be the three fastest tracks, the respective speeds are Alwalton 68.3 mph, National Speedway Stadium 67.4 mph, and Owlerton 65.8 mph. I can't remember what Exeter's record finished but I believe that was the fastest of all. Are there any others that I don't know of. 

44 minutes ago, crazyb said:

Is Peterborough the fastest track in the country. Working on track records of Belle Vue, Sheffield and Peterborough which appear to be the three fastest tracks, the respective speeds are Alwalton 68.3 mph, National Speedway Stadium 67.4 mph, and Owlerton 65.8 mph. I can't remember what Exeter's record finished but I believe that was the fastest of all. Are there any others that I don't know of. 

Crewe was fast!