Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

Steve Boxall having a good week!

Lowered the six and a half year all-time Mildenhall track record to 49.6 seconds today!!

49.68secs to be precise Parsnips old fruit - remember, they have one of those flash stop watches at West Row! ;) Now deep in my memory banks (too deep to retrieve at my age!) I seem to recall a track years ago saying they intended to put in a laser beam finishing line - anybody else remember that? And where was it?

49.68secs to be precise Parsnips old fruit - remember, they have one of those flash stop watches at West Row! ;) Now deep in my memory banks (too deep to retrieve at my age!) I seem to recall a track years ago saying they intended to put in a laser beam finishing line - anybody else remember that? And where was it?

I said on here years ago that Laser Beam Start/Finish Line would be far better than Tapes. :t::approve:

Steve Boxall having a good week!

Lowered the six and a half year all-time Mildenhall track record to 49.6 seconds today!!

Updated, many thanks...

Updated for Craig Cook's 3 x demolitions of the Leicester track record on Saturday night - finally resting at 60.31s (1.3s quicker than the previous) in Heat 15!

when i was a young boy in the early 60s at old meadowbank edinburgh ian hoskins came up with something to start all races but the speedway board knock,t it back can any of the old monarchs supporter remember and can explain what it was

Rings a very vague bell.

Wasn't the steel plates on the starting grid was it?

Or maybe some form of starting boxes?

The one and only King of Lakeside !!! :rofl:

With the new Silencers slowing down the bikes slightly I would have thought a lot of the records will stand for a while ?

Lakeside Officially the slowest track currently operating regularly in the UK Edited by bigcatdiary

BUXTON: 52.9 James Wright (27 June 2004)

COVENTRY: 61.6 Joe Jacobs (30 August 2013)

CRADLEY HEATH: 55.69 Paul Starke (3 September 2013)

DEVON: 49.50 Thomas Jorgensen (9 July 2010)

KENT: 57.5 Steve Boxall (8 July 2013)

KING'S LYNN: 59.50 Robert Lambert (19 June 2013)

MILDENHALL: 49.68 Steve Boxall (14 July 2013)

SCUNTHORPE: 56.65 Ashley Birks (14 October 2011)

STOKE: 62.0 Andrew Tully (29 August 2007)

BUXTON: 52.9 James Wright (27 June 2004)

COVENTRY: 61.6 Joe Jacobs (30 August 2013)

CRADLEY HEATH: 55.69 Paul Starke (3 September 2013)

DEVON: 49.50 Thomas Jorgensen (9 July 2010)

KENT: 57.5 Steve Boxall (8 July 2013)

KING'S LYNN: 59.50 Robert Lambert (19 June 2013)

MILDENHALL: 49.68 Steve Boxall (14 July 2013)

SCUNTHORPE: 56.65 Ashley Birks (14 October 2011)

STOKE: 62.0 Andrew Tully (29 August 2007)

Fantastic! Thanks for the info (Buxton, Kent, Kings Lynn and Mildenhall already matched my data... The others I've updated)

All are now up to date on the first page...

The changes to the track to accomodate the air fence has resulted in the fasted time of last night's meeting at Edinburgh becoming the new track record . That was Craig Cook , who else , in heat 1 at 56.1 . According the last night's programme , the old length was 260 metres and the new length has still to be confirmed .

The changes to the track to accomodate the air fence has resulted in the fasted time of last night's meeting at Edinburgh becoming the new track record . That was Craig Cook , who else , in heat 1 at 56.1 . According the last night's programme , the old length was 260 metres and the new length has still to be confirmed .

They have actually moved the start line back a bit this season but the finish line remains in the same place, so the track is now very slightly longer...

Plymouth...

New track record again this week. Ben Barker posted a 50.16 in Ht1.

Little else for any Devils fans to enthuse over.

Both venues updated, many thanks