British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

If that's the average speed what do you reckon the top speed would be

Georgie wood has NL tr at eastbourne. 61.1, set in sussex championship heat 9 on 12/04/15

How can track have a "NL track record"? This is another reason why I can't take track records serious. The track, is the track,it has a record. My other issue is it's normally recorded by a man with a stop watch, if his reaction are so good he can time heats with any accuracy he should be on a bike racing!

How can track have a "NL track record"? This is another reason why I can't take track records serious. The track, is the track,it has a record. My other issue is it's normally recorded by a man with a stop watch, if his reaction are so good he can time heats with any accuracy he should be on a bike racing!

Yawn, here we go again. Agreed, it's not completely accurate but it's the only form of timing we have in this country. It still acts as a fairly good indicator as to the speed of riders. Hell, we can't even get a 2min countdown timer on the centre green so we're never going to get the necessary equipment fitted to the bikes and tracks to be 100% accurate.

As for there being NL track records? It's not an indicator of the track, more the calibre of riders in the different leagues.

** Thanks for the updates guys... I'll get them added along with a couple of the EL (notably Leicester) ones as soon as I get 5mins!!!

• Like 1

NL track record for Perry Barr set by Max Clegg in heat 1 18.03.15 - 61.00 seconds

That was at our AWAY match, so it is Birmingham's T/R.

Cradley's NL T/R was set by Lee Smart riding for Dudley/Cradley back in September 2010 at an incredible 58.60 seconds! No Cradley rider has got any where near this since we started at Perry Barr this year, in fact I think Max at 60.1 & Ellis Perks at 60.2 are the fastest on a Cradley night.

Georgie wood has NL tr at eastbourne. 61.1, set in sussex championship heat 9 on 12/04/15

That of course is now 60.6 secs by Georgie Wood on the 19th April 2015.

Are track records important, I find it tedious if a rider is half a lap ahead of the rest, prefer closer racing with skill, than a sprint

Yes and no, they are an indicator of in my opinion track condition....

you cannot fly around a bump and rut infested or under-watered dust fest or on over-watered slop....

So track conditions play a part,

in my opinion...

Just straighten the track out, and call it lets say a Drag Strip

Yeah, because it takes as much skill to go quickly down a straight road as it does to complete 4 laps of a shale track on a bike that's wanting to pull your arms off - oh and lets throw another 3 guys on there at the same time to make it interesting...

:icon_smile_clown:

You've a bucket load of TR's to add in for cookie!