British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

So who is the fastest man in British speedway?

Ricky Ashworth. Sheffield track record has the highest average speed

:approve:

Updated with Ben Barkers track record at Plymouth this evening...

It is also the difference between 1st and last in speedway, but however you look at it it is still only 1.5mph which is not a massive difference in speed, and in Formula 1 the percentage would be significantly less than it is in speedway.

Regardless of the Percentage, that 1.5 miles per hour would mean that the next fastest man after Ricky Ashworth would have finished 40.4 metres behind him, which is extremely significant in a Speedway race!!

Leicester's fell again last Saturday

Ben Barker ht 1 62.12

Many thanks ArnieG... Updated...

was mark loram not the fastest man with his track record at the now shut down exeter track

was mark loram not the fastest man with his track record at the now shut down exeter track

If the County Ground was still open, then Mark Loram would've been the quickest man in British Speedway (if his 1996 track record still stood!)... He clocked 64.3 round the 396m track, giving him an average speed of 55.11mph (88.68kph)... And with a steel safety fence, that took ba!!s!

However, as Exeter are sadly no longer with us, Ricky Ashworth holds that accolade so far...

Only just found this posting: so excuse me for being a latecomer: I too have done quite a bit of work on Track records...being an ex-Crewe Fan (THE fastest UK track) it's a subject close to my heart. In 1974 Dave Morton did 52.46mph around Crewe's 436yd bowl. Which, if times at Crewe improves at the same rate as Sheffield has, then this equates to 58.31mph today!! some going.

I did my calcs a few months ago (so I'm a bit out of date) but one of the things I find most interesting is how tracks of the same length produce different times...hence speeds. So for instance, Belle Vue, Scunny, newport & Ipswich are all 285m long and speeds range from 45.6mph (Scunny -old TR) to 44.16 for Newport. So I tried to find a way of working out which is the fastest track per metre....and to cut a long story short...I calculate it's....Mildenhall!! 46.7mph on only a 260m track (even faster now!!)

well, I find it interesting...lol

Updated after Jan Graversen ever so nearly broke the 60s barrier at Beaumont Leys on Saturday in Heat1...

Nutz I Wouldn,t take to much notice of the Leics record as the figures coming from the Referee,s box have been very erratic in the last 3 meetigs since the appointment of a new time keeper. For instance on Sat night there was a discrepancy of 1 race being almost 5 seconds slower than the rest of the meeting which is probably almost certainly wrong (considering all the other races had been won in a range of 62 .75 to 64.89 )the race in question was timed at 69.28 Don,t know why this is happening on a fairly regular basis but it should need tightening up.. :nono:

Edited by FTM

IOW - Simon Lambert - 66.6

Scunny PL - David Howe - 50.50

Edited by squall

IOW - Simon Lambert - 66.6

Scunny PL - David Howe - 50.50

David Howe 55.50

How are track records getting broken with these New Silencers, its amazing some people said a track record would never be broken with these. What do they know! :lol:

David Howe 55.50

:oops: That's what I meant :oops: