British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

How are track records getting broken with these New Silencers, its amazing some people said a track record would never be broken with these. What do they know! :lol:

It depends who the time keeper is and if they can use a stop watch properly.

It depends who the time keeper is and if they can use a stop watch properly.

78.0 at Sheffield on Thursday was a bit iffy. Was nowhere near the other 14 heats :lol:

78.0 at Sheffield on Thursday was a bit iffy. Was nowhere near the other 14 heats :lol:

Yes I heard about that. But Jan Gravesen is not the Leicester track record holder.

Yes I heard about that. But Jan Gravesen is not the Leicester track record holder.

Who is??? :unsure:

Who is??? :unsure:

Whoever held it before Gravesen's false time, although I believe even that one is dubious, so the one before that.

Only in speedway!

Edited by ImpartialOne

Whoever held it before Gravesen's false time, although I believe even that one is dubious, so the one before that.

Only in speedway!

Just give it back to Skidmore :D

It should be Ben barker but although it wasn't announced I reckon kauko niemenen just beat bens time last Sunday in heat 1 62.03. So for me kauko is the new track record holder cos there is no way gravesen or bager did the times that were read out!!!

I think that Adam Allott is now the TR holder at Monmore in the NL. He clocked it in Heat 3 of the 2011 Golden Hammer and was announced to the crowd as such.

Hope I'm wrong as it would take it away from Lee Smart (Dudley 2010)& his TR for the NL at Monmore.

Updated to reflect Richard Lawson's and Seb Alden's record breaking races over the weekend at Glasgow and Berwick respectively.

As for Adam Allot, it stil states on the Dudley website that Lee holds the track record... I'll leave it at that one for now.

Updated with David Howe's TR at Normanby Road against Glasgow on 27th Jul...

Updated with Charlie Gjedde's TR at Newport on Wednesday against Redcar shaving a huge 0.03secs off Kim Nilsson's previous best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an accurate time-keeper!

I understand that the Stoke track record has been amended in the programme to reflect their NL status.

Acknowledgement of previous record holders is still printed, but the race record for NL is shown as 62.6 seconds jointly credited between Simon Lambert and Jamie Pickard.

I understand that the Stoke track record has been amended in the programme to reflect their NL status.

Acknowledgement of previous record holders is still printed, but the race record for NL is shown as 62.6 seconds jointly credited between Simon Lambert and Jamie Pickard.

Many thanks for the contribution... Do you have a date when Simon and Jamie achieved their records?

And also, can you advise who the PL track record holder is? I'm assuming it's still Ty Proctor, yeah?

Many thanks for the contribution... Do you have a date when Simon and Jamie achieved their records?

And also, can you advise who the PL track record holder is? I'm assuming it's still Ty Proctor, yeah?

Programme for September 2 2011 shows:

Fastest Track Record : Andrew Silver (Arena Essex) 59.1 secs 8 August 1987

Current Track Record: Ty Procter (Redcar) 60.5secs 8 August 2009 & Steve Johnston (Somerset) 25 September 2009

National League Track Record: Jamie Pickard (Stoke) 62.6secs 21 May 2011 & Simon Lambert (Stoke) 24 July 2011

Conference League Track Record: Andrew Tully (Scunthorpe) 62.0secs 29 August 2007

Correct - it has now been officially acknowledged that Graversen's time was pure fiction.

Record holder is now Kauko Nieminen 61.50 20 August v Glasgow

Incidentally Ryan Fisher set the fastest time recorded by a visitor tonight at 61.59