British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

Programme for September 2 2011 shows:

Fastest Track Record : Andrew Silver (Arena Essex) 59.1 secs 8 August 1987

Current Track Record: Ty Procter (Redcar) 60.5secs 8 August 2009 & Steve Johnston (Somerset) 25 September 2009

National League Track Record: Jamie Pickard (Stoke) 62.6secs 21 May 2011 & Simon Lambert (Stoke) 24 July 2011

Conference League Track Record: Andrew Tully (Scunthorpe) 62.0secs 29 August 2007

Goodness - that's an admirable amount of detail!! :approve:

Correct - it has now been officially acknowledged that Graversen's time was pure fiction.

Record holder is now Kauko Nieminen 61.50 20 August v Glasgow

Incidentally Ryan Fisher set the fastest time recorded by a visitor tonight at 61.59

Has always surprised me that extreme track records are never verified by match video. The entire Track Record History of Wimbledon's last track was incorrect (albeit for two heats). Wayne Barrett's first ever heat on the track was inaccurately recorded by between 4 and 5 seconds. He was heading into the River Wandle at the point the "track record" was recorded, not the finish line !!! So Martin Williams track record in Heat 3, Rory Schlein's a week or two later and finally Chris Neath's were never recognised.

Why or why wasn't this verified. I understand that Wimbledon had wanted to build publicity around possible new track records, but it was never going to happen as this original heat was based on about 3 and two thirds of a lap.

I should point out that the time keeper did an excellent job. This is the only glitch I'm aware of; but unfortunately it happened in the first ever heat on the new track. If this had happened later in the season, I guarantee you it would have been obvious to all regular followers that it was never that fast.

Why or why didn't someone just check the video? It was a videoed match.

Edited by 500cc

Has anyone ever drawn up the tracks to scale and overlaid the drawings, it would be interesting to compare them?

I wouldn't mind helping someone do this if anyone is interested and it hasn't been done before.

Updated with Kauko Nieminen's record breaker of 61.47 on Saturday (knocking a whopping 0.03s off the old record!!!!!!!)

Goodness - that's an admirable amount of detail!! :approve:

For Stoke it is the NL Track Record counts and as has previously been said stands at: 62.6 held by Jamie Pickard (Stoke) 21 May 2011 & Simon Lambert (Stoke) 24 July 2011

Amended to show the Old PL and the current NL track records at Loomer Road and also one or two "defunct" track records I knew... If you have any old nostalgic track records that you want to share from defunct tracks, let me know and I'll add them along the way!

Updated with Kauko Nieminen's record breaker of 61.47 on Saturday (knocking a whopping 0.03s off the old record!!!!!!!)

Electronic timing?

Electronic timing?

About as electronic, as a man holding a stopwatch can be!!!

But it's the official record from the track, so irrespective of how it's measured, it's the time everyone has to beat I guess.

Ritchie Worrall broke the Stoke NL track record on Saturday night, @ 62.2secs.

A blistering ride, well done!

• Like 1

Updated with Richie's new TR

Incidentally, it'd still be good for some historians out there, that know of Track Records from sadly now defunct tracks...Adds a bit of nostalgia to proceedings!

Edited by Nutz

Has anyone updated Dudley at 'Monmore Wood' NL track record?

Adam Roynon (Dudley Heathens) clocked 56.76 in winning Heat 1 on Tuesday night, May 08, 2012, . He smashed well over half a second (closer to 0.8!) from Lee Smart’s previous Monmore Wood NL record set way back in 2010.

Hope it is in the Dudley programme when we race against King's Lynne in our next match.

Has anyone updated Dudley at 'Monmore Wood' NL track record?

Adam Roynon (Dudley Heathens) clocked 56.76 in winning Heat 1 on Tuesday night, May 08, 2012, . He smashed well over half a second (closer to 0.8!) from Lee Smart’s previous Monmore Wood NL record set way back in 2010.

Hope it is in the Dudley programme when we race against King's Lynne in our next match.

Adam's new T/R is updated.

Not sure about that one oldsparky... Does anyone know what the length of the Dudley Wood circuit was?

And also, can anyone from Plymouth confirm if Fish's TR on Friday night against Leicester was legit? 48.06s I hear, but that's 1.5secs quicker than previous!!!!/????

Not sure about that one oldsparky... Does anyone know what the length of the Dudley Wood circuit was?

And also, can anyone from Plymouth confirm if Fish's TR on Friday night against Leicester was legit? 48.06s I hear, but that's 1.5secs quicker than previous!!!!/????

338metres? Cradley fans must surely know the correct answer to this.