British Speedway Forum
Nutz

Track Records

No worries... will put it in as 338 for now...

Cheers!

Not sure about that one oldsparky... Does anyone know what the length of the Dudley Wood circuit was?

And also, can anyone from Plymouth confirm if Fish's TR on Friday night against Leicester was legit? 48.06s I hear, but that's 1.5secs quicker than previous!!!!/????

I havent met anyone who believes that time. Fish had just taken a very nasty tumble in the first running of the race.In the rerun,he gated like a scolded cat,blasted round for 2 laps,before looking back and eased up. Coming off the last bend,he was only just over parade speed.

Incidently,Ive heard that the guy that films the home meetings has replayed the race and unofficially timed it as almost 6 seconds slower.

I certainly dont believe it to be true. Just my opinion of course,

Ok, thanks for the info Bob...

I've changed it for now, but may get a feeling it will be rescinded in future weeks ala the Graversen enquiry, at Leicester last year;)

I havent met anyone who believes that time. Fish had just taken a very nasty tumble in the first running of the race.In the rerun,he gated like a scolded cat,blasted round for 2 laps,before looking back and eased up. Coming off the last bend,he was only just over parade speed.

Incidently,Ive heard that the guy that films the home meetings has replayed the race and unofficially timed it as almost 6 seconds slower.

I certainly dont believe it to be true. Just my opinion of course,

Never having been in the officials box I have no idea how races are timed.

Why don't they fit transponders to the bikes like they do in other motorsports and even bicycle races, it's hardly rocket science and will do away with all of this nonsense of disputed timings.

Or do they do this already?

Never having been in the officials box I have no idea how races are timed.

Why don't they fit transponders to the bikes like they do in other motorsports and even bicycle races, it's hardly rocket science and will do away with all of this nonsense of disputed timings.

Or do they do this already?

Why would riders need to go to the expense and inconvenience of fitting transponders on their bikes, when it can all be recorded by a single official who is free and doesn't introduce any technical problems. Would we have to add to the duties of the machine examiner, or appoint another new official, to examine and test all transponders to see that they all work before each race. What penalties would be appropriate for a non functioning transponder before, during or after a race. What next, 'black box recorders' in the event of a crash or malfunction.

No, I think track times and records are purely incidental and not worth any extra burden on either the riders or promotions

The most important aspect of attending a meeting is to see decent racing on a safe raceable track. Often a track record is usually a fast race by the leader with no passing or excitement. The best races are where there is passing, or threatened passing, and that is not usually conducive with track records.

Or...

Rider gates and rides flawless 4 laps for a track record while the other 3 fight and pass each other every lap. Now that would be a great race...We can but dream.

Why would riders need to go to the expense and inconvenience of fitting transponders on their bikes, when it can all be recorded by a single official who is free and doesn't introduce any technical problems. Would we have to add to the duties of the machine examiner, or appoint another new official, to examine and test all transponders to see that they all work before each race. What penalties would be appropriate for a non functioning transponder before, during or after a race. What next, 'black box recorders' in the event of a crash or malfunction.

No, I think track times and records are purely incidental and not worth any extra burden on either the riders or promotions

The most important aspect of attending a meeting is to see decent racing on a safe raceable track. Often a track record is usually a fast race by the leader with no passing or excitement. The best races are where there is passing, or threatened passing, and that is not usually conducive with track records.

Transponders would be of a great use for track jumped starts.

I take your point about fast race times and leaders just clearing off and a boring race ensuing.

The argument was about whether lap times could be trusted or not, some people think not it seems.

The AMCA are an amateur organisation for MX and all of their riders must have a transponder fitted, they are simple to fit with a couple of zip ties, but need to be charged up and paid for.

Road racers and race cyclists are thus equipped too.

I advanced the argument for transponders, you don't agree for relevant reasons, it doesn't mean one of us is right and the other wrong.

However, if the race time isn't relevant, why go to all the trouble of taking it and recording it and how will riders know that they are improving or otherwise on a particular track?

Transponders could also actually determine response and start technique times, by showing how long from the official start of the race it took to pass the start line, a useful tool for young riders attemting to refine their start techniques.

Edited by oldsparky

Updated with Adam Royon's lowering of Jason Lyons' 2yr old record at Derwent Park on Saturday night...

Or...

Rider gates and rides flawless 4 laps for a track record while the other 3 fight and pass each other every lap. Now that would be a great race...We can but dream.

Adam Roynan did just that in Heat 6 of the Dudley v Scunthorpe NL match at Monmore Green on the 17th July 2012 and recorded a new NL Record of 56.26 seconds around Monmore Green :drink:

• Like 1

Many thanks, both records updated...

Updated to include RooBoy's track record at Armadale on Friday night, shaving 0.2s off Fish's 2yr record...

Klindt broke the Foxhall mark last night.......missed 3 corners in the process........could of lowered it even further

Edited by Roland

Cheers, Ipswich now updated with Nic's TR..