British Speedway Forum

So Newcastle has gone into the transfer market and brought back the top Hungarian Matej Ferjan. We are in the dark about his ability in 2011. Please supply any info you have on the guy

If he gates, he's quick

If he doesn't, forget it.

Kenni Larsen the second, in other words ;)

Really? Well considering how Kenni Larsen wiped the floor with this league last year, that would be fine! :approve:

Ferjan is a very stylish performer, great when he makes the gate, but not known for his mind blowing passes if not, still a top rider mounted on good equipment, should do a job for any team in the PL.

If he gates, he's quick

If he doesn't, forget it.

Kenni Larsen the second, in other words ;)

He spend half the race looking behind him.

I've seen Kenni Larsen pass 5 times now, not bad in 13 EL races :P

As long as he gets out of the gate he'll do a good job. Admittedly it's a few years back now, but when he was at Poole, if he got out in front he was ultra quick, but he wasn't so keen to mix it.

With all due respect there's a world of difference between gating in the PL and the EL, so he should do fine, don't know what average he comes in on, but I'd have thought once he gets settled in he'll be good for 9-9.5

If his previous UK performances and commitment are anything to go by then the Diamonds are taking a risk!

Could be Another Jiriout or Hauzinger

Matej Ferjan :rofl:

Is that the type of review you require :lol:

Matej Ferjan :rofl:

Is that the type of review you require :lol:

Thats spot on :rofl:

By the way I hope Ferjan proves me wrong. As I think Newcastle are a cracking club with a good set up.

7 point average as per Bspa website will do for me...might turn out to be a bargain on that....hmmm

Really? Well considering how Kenni Larsen wiped the floor with this league last year, that would be fine! :approve:

Well, all except Flyin' Ryan Fisher - the Premier League's number one. Larsen is on great equipment, good when he gated - never seen him make a pass though.

I expect Ferjan to do well. Perhaps in the Mark Lemon mould.

Well, all except Flyin' Ryan Fisher - the Premier League's number one. Larsen is on great equipment, good when he gated - never seen him make a pass though.

I expect Ferjan to do well. Perhaps in the Mark Lemon mould.

That's not what is engraved on the 2010 PLRC trophy. Probably a mistake eh Chrissy. :rofl:

That's not what is engraved on the 2010 PLRC trophy. Probably a mistake eh Chrissy. :rofl:

The Fish had the highest average in the league making him the leagues best rider. Larsen just won the PLRC meeting. He was the best on that night ;)

The Fish had the highest average in the league making him the leagues best rider. Larsen just won the PLRC meeting. He was the best on that night ;)

But didn't kenni have the highest ave overall in ALL competative meetings?? ....does it matter anyway?? Both Great riders 0.02 seperated them in the league...Kenni won the PLRC...so what??...As usual it's Chrissy Having a dig at Kenni again....maybe he's just frustrated ...

Obscene sexual language is unnecessary and removed