British Speedway Forum

The Fish had the highest average in the league making him the leagues best rider. Larsen just won the PLRC meeting. He was the best on that night ;)

And by that thinking, previous World Champs had to have the highest average, even though they got beat on the night in the oneoff World Championships. If it was good enough for World Championships then, it'll do for the Premier League as well.

How are you coming along Chrissy. :shock:

Well, all except Flyin' Ryan Fisher - the Premier League's number one. Larsen is on great equipment, good when he gated - never seen him make a pass though.

I think you'll find that he did. Out of the 5 matches where the pair met last season:

# of matches where Larsen outscored Fisher - 4 matches

Fisher outscored Larsen - 1 match

# of races where Larsen beat Fisher - 10 races

Fisher beat Larsen - 3 races

Fisher's greensheet may have been 0.02 higher, and his CMA 0.01 higher, but for the individual encounters between the two - it's a clear victory for Larsen. :approve:

EDIT: Here's a clip of the recent Peterborough vs Coventry match for your viewing pleasure. "The fish" is in it too. You can even watch Larsen (along with Sundstrom and Pedersen) passing him :lol:

Edited by DiamondsRock

I was under the impression Larsen was a 'trapper' who couldn't pass. His early scores this season made it look like he was. There was a video on BSPA site showing him passing. I can admit I was wrong. Can ChrissySW? :D

All this about gaters v racers is a bit misleading in my opinion.

Kenni certainly won most of his races from the gate but he is hard rider and very aggresive on the first two corners. Lemo likewise. That's the key for me. I've seen riders who don't win unless they gate well clear of the other riders. If they don't they will shut off. Lemo and Kenni certainly don't come into that category. Hopefully Ferjan has the aggression as if he doesn't he won't be a 9 point man in the PL.

Good luck to Matej important to the team that he can become a big heatleader in the PL. To be honest it will be hard to judge how good he will be until he rides, its difficult to compare to his peformances abroad. Also his last EL spell was years ago and a it was a much superior league at the time to the PL or current EL. However the PL is still a tough league to be a number 1 especially this year,and it will test him as a few ex EL guys have failed to set the league alight over the years.

7 point average as per Bspa website will do for me...might turn out to be a bargain on that....hmmm

There is no justification whatever for that average. What's the point in bringing in new rolling average rules to try to get a grip on average fiddling - then handing out farcical assessed averages based on a whim. He has been here before and has never stopped racing so he should be on a converted average from his previous stint.

I was under the impression Larsen was a 'trapper' who couldn't pass. His early scores this season made it look like he was. There was a video on BSPA site showing him passing. I can admit I was wrong. Can ChrissySW? :D

His scores have had the look of gater about them but trust me, he isnt! He come from 4th in one race against Peerborough for a start. As I mentioned earlier, hes done quite a bit of passing for the Bees but sadly a reasonable amount of being passed too LOL - It does make any race with him in quite exciting :D

Regarding Ferjan, he was always a high 5 to mid 6 point EL rider, suggesting 7 in the PL will be a walk in the park. But,if he does as he did in the EL and gate 50% of the time for a win or miss it complete 50% of the time for a last then he could end up averaging 6 even in the PL, I doubt it though. The suggest 9+ above though is unlikely, just because he will miss the start every 4 or 5 races and come last.

Edited by SCB

There is no justification whatever for that average. What's the point in bringing in new rolling average rules to try to get a grip on average fiddling - then handing out farcical assessed averages based on a whim. He has been here before and has never stopped racing so he should be on a converted average from his previous stint.

Don't disagree?? Maybe it's a bit pay back from not letting us use rr for king, but letting the likes of Poole for Ward... Lol

With all due respect there's a world of difference between gating in the PL and the EL

To be fair it is the only difference these days.

Totally agree. If he had wanted to drop down to the PL last time he raced here, he would have had to come in on an 11+ average, but would now already be benefiting from the lenient conversion rate that has been brought in this season.

His form on the Continent hasn't changed dramatically during the period he has been absent from the UK, so a reduction to 7 just seems ridiculous. It kinda makes a points limit worthless if you are just going to make up random averages for guys that already have genuine ones. :rolleyes:

So Newcastle has gone into the transfer market and brought back the top Hungarian Matej Ferjan. We are in the dark about his ability in 2011. Please supply any info you have on the guy

Make sure he brings his wing mirrors with him!! :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

I wish Ferjan the best of luck for Newcastle - starting tomorrow! ;)

Make sure he brings his wing mirrors with him!! :rofl:

Ferjan rode a couple of second half heats at Sheffield on Thursday night. beaten by Richie Worrall in the first one. He was probably just trying out machinery, because the track was absolutely bare by then and the times were around 64 seconds. Before anyone from Sheffield pipes-up, yes I realise he would have given a few of the Witches a good race at that pace :P

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

He passed Nicki Pedersen last night ;)

I will admit in the morning I did think he was a tart and you were spot on but he sort of redemed himself slightly with his pass of naughty Nicki.

Ferjan rode a couple of second half heats at Sheffield on Thursday night. beaten by Richie Worrall in the first one. He was probably just trying out machinery, because the track was absolutely bare by then and the times were around 64 seconds. Before anyone from Sheffield pipes-up, yes I realise he would have given a few of the Witches a good race at that pace :P

He rode around at Coventry and we commented on him looking like a good NL rider before finding out who it was. Hardly looking good for Newcastle ATM.