British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Hackney Riders

Anyone know what happened to the Hackney riders from 1971 till closeing for the last time, eg Dave Morton,Dag Loaavas,Finn Thomsen, Keith White Barry Thomas etc

Will have to ask Honey where we can get a copy of the Photograph that was taken at the VSRA last March had a host of Hackney Riders posing by a bike in the Hilton reception.

it was in a recent copy of the Vintage Speedway magazine...

from what i remember of a few of them, Keith still attends the VSRA meetings with his father Vic,and still lives in the Leicester area, Barry now lives down in South Wales and gets along to the Cardiff GP each year. Sean Willmott emigrated to Australia back around 1998, Bo Petersen builds Riders Vans in the winter in Denmark and Caravans in the summer. Finn moved to Spain, Dave Kennett can be found supporting his son Edward when riding, Zenon Plech is still involved in the Polish National Set Up, Roman Jankowski was still riding in Poland last season, but i think retired at the end of it.

Paul T will be able to bring you up to date with any others.

Will have to ask Honey where we can get a copy of the Photograph that was taken at the VSRA last March had a host of Hackney Riders posing by a bike in the Hilton reception.

I have got it to put on my hackney site but I still aint got round to doing it. I intend to blitz it all soon !

Guest The Spittal Kid
from what i remember of a few of them, Keith still attends the VSRA meetings with his father Vic,and still lives in the Leicester area, Barry now lives down in South Wales and gets along to the Cardiff GP each year. Sean Willmott emigrated to Australia back around 1998, Bo Petersen builds Riders Vans in the winter in Denmark and Caravans in the summer. Finn moved to Spain, Dave Kennett can be found supporting his son Edward when riding, Zenon Plech is still involved in the Polish National Set Up, Roman Jankowski was still riding in Poland last season, but i think retired at the end of it.

Paul T will be able to bring you up to date with any others.

Who was the Polish rider murdered then, I thought it was Jankowski?

Edward Jancarz ex Wimbledon rider.

by his wife!!!

I have got it to put on my hackney site but I still aint got round to doing it. I intend to blitz it all soon !

Gary can you email me a copy of the photo please so I can have a look?

by his wife!!!

I didn't know that Steve........Any more details please? :o

Guest maddriver

From what i can remember of this, didn't Ed Jancarz turn to drink and this was a domestic in which his wife stabbed him.........in the head.... :o

From what i can remember of this, didn't Ed Jancarz turn to drink and this was a domestic in which his wife stabbed him.........in the head.... :o

Thanks for that MD Any idea where or when ?

Hullangel....This is all getting a bit morbid don't you think?

Why do you want to know all the details? :o

Edited by Gemini