British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Hackney Riders

Guest Roman Chyla
...this was a domestic in which his wife stabbed him.........in the head.... :o

Thanks for that MD Any idea where or when ?

Edward Jancarz, former Wimbledon number one, and the time the most successful rider in Polish speedway history died in January 1992 following a stabbing incident at his Gorzow flat. Jancarz and his second wife were involved in a furious row that turned into tragedy. She was charged and sentenced for the killing.

Jancarz, who was reportedly under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident, suffered three knife wounds to his upper body. It was the third which severed a main artery in his shoulder, causing intensive bleeding and his dead at around 8 pm.

Two reasons ...he was one hell of a good rider. and i had no idea what had happened, so i was more than a little shocked .....sorry if you think that's morbid

Gem.

Edited by hullangel

Okay, fair enough.

It's just that I can remember him riding very well which makes it a bit more personal and I thought you were perhaps a youngster wanting to know all the gory details.

Sorry. I can see now that you were genuinely interested.

Will have to ask Honey where we can get a copy of the Photograph that was taken at the VSRA last March had a host of Hackney Riders posing by a bike in the Hilton reception.

I have got it to put on my hackney site but I still aint got round to doing it. I intend to blitz it all soon !

Gary can you email me a copy of the photo please so I can have a look?

It is on my Hackney site !! I put it on last March !!!

www.hackneyhawks.co.uk

Go into galleries, then team photos and it is bottom of that list !

oops !

Thank you for the details on the death of Edward Jancarz

I had heard several versions of his death - that it was suicide by gun, that he had been shot by his wife and worst that he had killed his wife before killing himself...so rather than being morbid I'm grateful now that the record has been put straight.

RIP an immaculate Speedway rider.

oops !

Double oops went on the site earlier and still never saw it :oops: