British Speedway Forum

His gating needs working on though its awful at the moment, but he's a racer no doubt about that. With the greatest respect to to Mildenhall's track, i think he'll be better suited to bigger tracks where he can open up the throttle and attack more. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the wider bends at Foxhall. Maybe when he turns 16 at the tail end of the season he may be brought in as Ipswich #8 and given a few rides just as Blackbird and Jacobs have. Particularly if as seems likely, we've nothing to ride for by then.

We stand by the start /finish and his gating did not seem that bad, match practice will sharpen the last little bit shame we have to wait 3 weeks for the next Home fixture, suspect a few will travel up to Buxton 3rd July. Easy to forget this was his first league meeting, and have to say he got better as the meeting went on his pass of Ben Taylor in Ht11 IMO marked the turning point of the meeting.

Also agree with you, look forward to seeing how he handles the bigger tracks. Great to see a great number of fans from Ipswich there you must have been delighted with him - he should put bums on seats at most NL tracks - and also JJ and Lewis in his last couple of rides hope to see more of you in the future.

Cardinal sin you are most correct. ON the bigger tracks He will be even better. When He first saw that track he must have thought it was a scalextrix track when you are used to a lot bigger.

Cardinal sin you are most correct. ON the bigger tracks He will be even better. When He first saw that track he must have thought it was a scalextrix track when you are used to a lot bigger.

Pinjar Park in WA and Sidewinders in Adelaide are both pretty tiny, and he's only just graduated to 500s as well. He'll be right.

Pinjar Park in WA and Sidewinders in Adelaide are both pretty tiny, and he's only just graduated to 500s as well. He'll be right.

I was going to post the same thing. I think he will do pretty well everywhere once he's figured out the track. Be interesting to see what he averages by the end of the season.

Edited now Baggy :D. Thanks for bringing my multiposting to my attention.

Edited by shirlmeister general

Could you repeat that please :wink::P:D

His gating needs working on though its awful at the moment, but he's a racer no doubt about that. With the greatest respect to to Mildenhall's track, i think he'll be better suited to bigger tracks where he can open up the throttle and attack more. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the wider bends at Foxhall. Maybe when he turns 16 at the tail end of the season he may be brought in as Ipswich #8 and given a few rides just as Blackbird and Jacobs have. Particularly if as seems likely, we've nothing to ride for by then.

Cant agree that Cameron Heeps is an awful gater, he looked quite capable at Mildenhall Sunday of out gating many riders. He has been brought up on smallish tracks so Mildenhall is no problem. Think his 16th birthday is on October 27th so will never be Witches No8 this season worse luck. Ive watched him riding the Foxhall track after the meeting and he goes wide for the grip and looks superb with his great style. Think he will be Witches new No6 next season and watch him go and soon be in the team proper.

As mentioned by other posters, let's not get on the lad's back and expect too much, too soon. He's clearly a talent (Ty Proctor was raving about him last season when he came over for second-half rides) and is also very pleasant (as is his dad, who I spoke to last year and at Lynn the other week). But easy does it. Give him time.

Well Montie, you've certainly ruffled a few feathers with your Heeps to Sheffield hints :lol:

Chris Louis done his weekly speedway interview on radio suffolk this evening and the presenter Stephen Foster put to Chris the rumours doing the rounds on the BSF! that Cameron Heeps was Sheffield bound next season (although i'm not sure how referee Chris Durno got mixed up with it all as the source of them :unsure: )

Chris stated he was aware of the rumours and called Chris Durno personally who was on holiday and knew nothing about it.

Chris Louis stated that Cameron would obviously be in demand and will make up his own mind, but in his words he thinks the lad is courted by every Premier and Elite league club in the country but he "fully expects Cameron to be lining up with Ipswich in the Premier league next season".

I guess that also puts to bed any potential rumours that Ipswich could look to move back up to the Elite league.

I'm not very good at links, but i know Badge is a dab hand in that department and will probably post a link to that interview in full at some point.

Edited by CardinalSin

Well Montie, you've certainly ruffled a few feathers with your Heeps to Sheffield hints :lol:

Chris Louis done his weekly speedway interview on radio suffolk this evening and the presenter Stephen Foster put to Chris the rumours doing the rounds on the BSF! that Cameron Heeps was Sheffield bound next season (although i'm not sure how referee Chris Durno got mixed up with it all as the source of them :unsure: )

Chris stated he was aware of the rumours and called Chris Durno personally who was on holiday and knew nothing about it.

Chris Louis stated that Cameron would obviously be in demand and will make up his own mind, but in his words he thinks the lad is courted by every Premier and Elite league club in the country but he "fully expects Cameron to be lining up with Ipswich in the Premier league next season".

I guess that also puts to bed any potential rumours that Ipswich could look to move back up to the Elite league.

I'm not very good at links, but i know Badge is a dab hand in that department and will probably post a link to that interview in full at some point.

Lol CS, typical that I missed that broadcast :rolleyes: , but will put it on when it's available later tonight.

Question for anyone in the know ! if Heeps is now out for a while, will Mildenhall be able to get a guest rider in ? If after the isle of white meeting he was going to move to say number 1? can we guest a rider up to his new average ? or how does that all work ?

Question for anyone in the know ! if Heeps is now out for a while, will Mildenhall be able to get a guest rider in ? If after the isle of white meeting he was going to move to say number 1? can we guest a rider up to his new average ? or how does that all work ?

This question will be getting it's own topic very soon, my friend. :P

Watch this space. :D