British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BrizHeathen

Brisbane/gold Coast - Australia

Perhaps you will stay still long enough this time so a bloke can have a fighting chance to enjoy a beer and a chat with you ?  :wink:

Meeting finished at 9:45 pm, I was still having a drink at 8 am, will try & hang around a bit longer next time :lol::wink: .

Only did it because I had to mingle with crowd :cry::lol:

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Being as it seems there are a few fine upstanding gents wandering along to the Oz titles do you all think this would work at the speedway ?

(PS It's probably best if ladies skip this posting)

Being as it seems there are a few fine upstanding gents wandering along to the Oz titles do you all think this would work at the speedway ?

Lunchy, I tried to get them at Bordertown but they were all booked up :cry::D

I am all for it, however i'm under strict rules 'NO DRINKING TILL THE BIKES AND GEAR IS PACKED' :(B)

Guest Sir Lunchalot
I'll be in Surfer's 18-23 Jan incl. Any meetings on durng that period?

In a word, no.

Most meetings are on a Saturday night, plus the 17th Jan is the 2nd round of the Oz championships (Gosford) and the 24th Jan is the 3rd round (Mildura), both of which are a fair distance away from the Gold Coast.

Kiwi,

You are out of luck, although there is a Long Track meeting on North of Brisbane on the 17th, its at Redcliffe Paceway close to two hours drive from Surfers. Not that you'd be in the area then anyway.

The Long track meeting clashes with the second round of the Aust Championship and will be promoted by Ivan Mauger, its an anual event.

Thanks to Trevor Gordon I have been sent the full programme of events for Saturday night at Labrador.

Heat three looks like a classic early on with Wiltshire Adams and Sullivan clashing.

If anyone wants a copy of the full programme (race details not the actual meeting programme) send me a PM with email address.

Briz, I tried to send a pm but could'nt for some reason.Any chance of posting the full heat details mate.

Cheers Poona....

Edited by poona

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Thanks to Trevor Gordon I have been sent the full programme of events for Saturday night at Labrador.

Heat three looks like a classic early on with Wiltshire Adams and Sullivan clashing.

If anyone wants a copy of the full programme (race details not the actual meeting programme) send me a PM with email address.

BH, if it's the standard 16 rider, 20 heat format just post the riders numbers / riding order and I'll be able to work out the heats & starting positions for myself.

Its a multi page excel doc but doesn't contain the rider lineup, just heats, it will be 20 heats plus A, B, C, and D Finals.

I didnt realise Pammie was over in Oz for the winter :shock::shock::wink: