British Speedway Forum
CrystalCastles

Newport Vs Mildenhall Fen Tigers

The Fen Tigers will be making the trip to QM on Monday the 30th of May. Should be a cracker, weather permitting.

We should have enough to win this i feel, but if its as entertaining as the IOW match should be a cracker.

Hoping Mattie Bates builds on his last QM performance, where he was simply sensational.

JWW hopefully will be fully focused and put in a good performance for us.

Any Fen Tiges fans making the trip down?

Meeting preview here

Edited by shirlmeister general

Weather permitting, I am coming :) and then having a mad dash up to Coventry in the evening.

Main Man tells me its only about an hour and a half between the tracks, but that's driving at his speed so its a good two and a half for the rest of us :o:D .

Main Man tells me its only about an hour and a half between the tracks, but that's driving at his speed so its a good two and a half for the rest of us :o:D .

As someone who has many times driven from Coventry to Newport (and vice versa) I can confirm if you put your foot down it's 90 minutes. More realistically you're looking at another 15 minutes on top of that and if you're my parents it's 2 hours.

I'd certainly never bank on doing it in 90 minutes though!

As someone who has many times driven from Coventry to Newport (and vice versa) I can confirm if you put your foot down it's 90 minutes. More realistically you're looking at another 15 minutes on top of that and if you're my parents it's 2 hours.

I'd certainly never bank on doing it in 90 minutes though!

Thanks

2 and a half hours for me :o:(

I have heard how Main Man drives so I knew 90 minutes would be a push. :P

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Thanks

Main Man gave me a lift from Millenium Stadium to Queensway Meadows on the Friday of GP weekend after practice to watch the Mighty HORNETS and that took about 90 minutes; mind you in his defence it was peak hour in Cardiff when we left and they were digging up the M4 at the time.

Main Man gave me a lift from Millenium Stadium to Queensway Meadows on the Friday of GP weekend after practice to watch the Mighty HORNETS and that took about 90 minutes; mind you in his defence it was peak hour in Cardiff when we left and they were digging up the M4 at the time.

He's a top man, Dave, and I have had a lot of time for him ever since we first met at Mildenhall in early 2007.

As to his driving.......I saw him at Dudley last season and he was telling me about a race to get to Plymouth once.

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in the car with him on that occasion. :o:D

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Weather permitting, I am coming :) and then having a mad dash up to Coventry in the evening.

well don't drive like a Granny !! :wink:

hope to see some of my old Mildenhall friends down on Monday . :drink:

Edited by Main Man

Thanks

2 and a half hours in your car, no bloody chance. Have a safe journey lol

Regettably, the weather forecast has put me off coming.

Its a long way for a rain off :(

He might be quick in a car but he didnt look to quick on a speedway bike against Mike Bennett !

Speed didn't matter for those races --just raising money for Garry Stead's new wheelchair!! :wink:

Regettably, the weather forecast has put me off coming.

Its a long way for a rain off :(

Judging by Saturday's 'rain-off', it will be in doubt if there's dew on the grass tomorrow morning....!

If anyone is up and about in or near Newport could you let us know what the weather is like. We are wanting to leave Suffolk around 8am and obviously dont want to travel if it looks like the meeting is to be off. Thank you.

If anyone is up and about in or near Newport could you let us know what the weather is like. We are wanting to leave Suffolk around 8am and obviously dont want to travel if it looks like the meeting is to be off. Thank you.

Heavy rain showers at the moment.