British Speedway Forum

Any news on riders for Somerset Open, might go if Emil the Russian is riding.

Just noticed on Somerset official site, it's the Rebels plus 5 others including Jamie Pickard, who is He ? Another 4 riders to be announced, but obviously no Emil as he would have no opposition.

Riders for Somerset Open

Proctor

Doolan

Wells

Burmeister

Pickard

All mentioned here in this article about Sam Masters performances over the last two nights.

Edited by shirlmeister general

I'll be amazed if many turn up to watch this meeting. Awful

Full set of riders now announced. It seems a bit strange to have Elite League riders and National League riders in same event. I suppose it will be good experience for the youngsters even if tailed off at the back.

The full line up:

Lewis Bridger (Eastbourne)

Ty Proctor (Wolverhampton)

Ricky Wells (Wolverhampton)

Tyson Burmeister (Wolverhampton)

Kevin Doolan (Ipswich)

Taylor Poole (Ipswich)

Kyle Newman (Newcastle)

Jaimie Pickard (Stoke)

James Sarjeant (Stoke)

Ashley Morris (Dudley)

Travis McGowan

Cory Gathercole

Sam Masters

Christian Hefenbrock

James Holder

Alex Davies

Full set of riders now announced. It seems a bit strange to have Elite League riders and National League riders in same event. I suppose it will be good experience for the youngsters even if tailed off at the back.

Could always be running the rule over riders for the future.

Just a thought.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Somerset Open was always held late in the season when more riders were free, and past winners included Jason Crump and Scott Nicholls.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Somerset Open was always held late in the season when more riders were free, and past winners included Jason Crump and Scott Nicholls.

Your memory does not serve you correct as you are totally wrong...the past winners were:

2000 - Adam Allott

2001 - James Mann

2002 - David Howe

2003 - David Ruud

You are getting the Somerset Open confused with various testimonial meetings, Jason Crump won the Glenn Cunningham Testimonial & Scott Nicholls won the Graeme Gordon Testimonial.

This looks to have the potential to be good meeting with riders taken from all three leagues

Chance for some of the lesser lights to put them selves in the shop window

The line up is: Lewis Bridger (Eastbourne), Ty Proctor (Wolverhampton), Ricky Wells (Wolverhampton), Tyson Burmeister (Wolverhampton), Kevin Doolan (Ipswich), Taylor Poole (Ipswich), Kyle Newman (Newcastle), Jamie Pickard (Stoke), James Sarjeant (Stoke), Ashley Morris (Dudley), plus the Rebels sextet of Travis McGowan, Cory Gathercole, Sam Masters, Christian Hefenbrock, James Holder and Alex Davies.

I think I'm right in saying, it was held on occasions the night before the GP at Cardiff.

Used to be quite a star studded line up, with Sam Ermolenko riding and breaking the track record in 2002 from memory.

I think I'm right in saying, it was held on occasions the night before the GP at Cardiff.

Used to be quite a star studded line up, with Sam Ermolenko riding and breaking the track record in 2002 from memory.

You are correct . 2002 or 2003 we ended up at one of these meetings when our league match at Newport was rained off . And it was the night before Cardiff .

The field looks a little weak to me!! Morris, Sargeant, Pickard!! Only going to take points off each other i think. Bridger and Proctor will be good to see though. Still think Masters or Hefenbrock will take it.

The field looks a little weak to me!!

Traditionally it has always been a mixed field with all three leagues represented, and has normally provided some great erntertainment.