British Speedway Forum

Kennett didnt have a moment of madness,it was a clean pass, but he did a 180.

Not sure you could define Kennett`s pass as a clean one.

It was a desperate lunge (if there was a gap he was right to take it however) and was carrying way too much speed to make the pass clean.

by doing a 180 and bringing down the rider he passed meant the pass was anything but clean.

Ill agree however he was right to try and make the pass, if there is a gap and you can pass you will go for it.

Unfortunately for Eddie it was all a little bit desperate.

Got to applaud on effort tho.

I don't ......... IF Bomber had fallen off then Scott would of almost definately been excluded BUT he never fell he stayed on the race carried on and Scott won

This is becoming quite surreal. "If Bomber had fallen off then Scott would HAVE (note grammar) been excluded." Precisely my point. Tai has been deprived by a decision which came about due to the referee, probably under pressure from Sky, letting this and the other matters go. Both commentators said he, Scott, would have been excluded in a normal race for what he did. Result? He wouldn't have won the title.

The old saying there's none so blind as those who won't see comes to mind here. I'll leave the stage now because I know when I'm wasting my time.

How is it reasonable to suggest that Kennett would have beaten Tai when he had already lost to him previously in the meeting, was behind him in this heat, and Tai hadn't dropped a point all evening ?

Still haven't got over Tai not signing for the Tigers ? Time to move on I think ! :o

If you watch the replay Kennett was in front of Tai when the crash happened, hence its reasonable to suggest that he could have beaten him.

Where does Tai not signing for Sheffield years ago come into this?? It would have been nice for him to ride for us instead of Rye for a year, but can't say that I ever got upset by it let alone still fretting about it years after the event. Muppet.

This is becoming quite surreal. "If Bomber had fallen off then Scott would HAVE (note grammar) been excluded." Precisely my point. Tai has been deprived by a decision which came about due to the referee, probably under pressure from Sky, letting this and the other matters go. Both commentators said he, Scott, would have been excluded in a normal race for what he did. Result? He wouldn't have won the title.

The old saying there's none so blind as those who won't see comes to mind here. I'll leave the stage now because I know when I'm wasting my time.

Why does this mean that Tai would have won - Bomber going to roll over?

We could say that if Kennett had stayed upright with Tai, they were so wide, Harris and Nicholls looked as if they were coming through.

Of course, if my Auntie had balls she would be my Uncle.

Nicholls won, finish it! There wasn't a wrong winner any more than there has been a wrong winner at any other event where the top scorer fails to convert that into a final. Nicholls has been on the loser of many of these as I have highlight.

Tai will benefit from a Final ending in the future, I have no doubt.

Kennett made a completely clean pass. Fell as he was worried about Tai coming around the outside and stuffing him in fence, so preferred to lay it down. Overly fair in my opinion. If he wouldn't have been thinking of Woffinden he would have run it up to the fence and been off. Yes it would have stuffed Tai's race, but you have to do that at this level.

Bridger doesn't have the brain to do anything in this sport.

Bridger doesn't have the brain to do anything in this sport.

What was all the leg trailing for? As Tai proved, riding neat is more effective on a smaller track.

What was all the leg trailing for? As Tai proved, riding neat is more effective on a smaller track.

Showing off nothing else ....Lewis has reach as far he going to go in the sport .

bomber and scott gave as good as they got from each other. tai was drafted into a meeting without qualifying and had home advantage. nigel pearson is soooo up tai`s you know what that it is embarrising to listen half the time. why cant people just accept that scott won fair and square and for those who actually attended the meeting what about when bomber lost and jumped off his bike allowing it to fall to the ground. very poor loser!!! then why when they had the hug for the cameras did nigel and kelvin say what a great lad, they saw what he`d just done so should not have bothered commenting at all. i had no rider in the final so therefore was totally neutral

I agree that Scott had some good fortune last night but in other years things have gone against him. He delivered when it mattered most so well done to him, a worthy winner in my opinion!

Tai was also great last night and his time will no doubt come very soon!

So agree with your first comments and great Scott won his 6th British Championship :drink:

Tai was great especially with his injury but it has to be remembered he was riding on his home track :t:

Isn't it time this championship was held on a neutral track :t:

So agree with your first comments and great Scott won his 6th British Championship :drink:

Tai was great especially with his injury but it has to be remembered he was riding on his home track :t:

Isn't it time this championship was held on a neutral track :t:

Don't think there is a Neutral Track now is there?

In the ensuing race there was a bad run right into Harrison by Nichols and again it was clearly a disqualification issue, as again stated by commentators. In a normal race all these things would have come about.

I don't ......... IF Bomber had fallen off then Scott would of almost definately been excluded BUT he never fell he stayed on the race carried on and Scott won

This is becoming quite surreal. "If Bomber had fallen off then Scott would HAVE (note grammar) been excluded." Precisely my point.

BUT ..... thats not what you said!!!!!! you may have corrected my grammar but you changed your mind with what you replied with from your original post .................... please note no punctuation spelling or grammar has been checked in this reply as you obviously have far too much times on your hands i thought you'd enjoy picking the chuffing bones out of it! oh and his name his Harris not Harrison (not nice being picked up on things is it ;-) )

I submit that the wrong guy won the British Final. It was won by default.

What a load of old codswollop! when will the Luddite brigade finally wise up to the fact that Gp's and British finals are won by the rider winning the last race, and titles are won by the team that wins the playoff final? You may aswell tell us Pour Moi won the Derby by default because he wasn't leading the race until the last few yards.......

Don't think there is a Neutral Track now is there?

Ipswich (Hart dont count only in because of injury) with its new shape and wider straights, huge car park and a stadium capable of holding 15,000 its perfect :t:

Showing off nothing else ....Lewis has reach as far he going to go in the sport .

Maybe he realises that and is now just having fun? A shame because he undoubtedly has the talent but not the application.