British Speedway Forum

AFTER practice for Saturday's Danish GP ALL the riders and a few others were filmed by the TV crew and recorded messages of good will and support for Leigh. It will form part of a special dvd that will be sent to Leigh next week.

Several of the riders had tears in their eyes as they spoke...

Dont think having benefit meetings and cancelling meetings is appropriate, !!!! Leigh Adams has my full sympathy as everybody else

Somebody on the Swindon / cov thread suggested the match should have been cancelled , now somebody is suggesting making

Cardiff a Leigh benefit meeting. Sorry but dont agree for the reasons I have previously stated !!!

thnks for clearing that up , agree that the GP shouldn't be a benefit , I'm sure there will be a few tins being ratlled up and down the land. If he is in need I'm sure the Ben fund will help out all the can after all that's what it is for

I doubt that would ever happen as even a collection has been turned down at Cardiff in the past with the proceeds being split between an injured rider and the Benevolent fund

You really don't expect anything else from IMG, they're not in the charity business .........

AFTER practice for Saturday's Danish GP ALL the riders and a few others were filmed by the TV crew and recorded messages of good will and support for Leigh. It will form part of a special dvd that will be sent to Leigh next week.

Thats great I`m sure Leigh will appreciate it enormously .

As far as i'm concerned at Cardiff i think all 18 riders should come out for the parade wearing Leigh Adams Racing caps and have a photo taken with a bloody big banner saying something along the lines of Leigh Adams the world of speedway says Get Well Soon

Absolutley and catagorically agree with this post. Leigh was an absolute dream to watch on a bike, so smooth and silky sitting in his armchair. I have read a couple of the threads on here and im frankly appalled by them. Leigh was a tremendous servant to British Speedway and all I hope is that he makes a full recovery. Best Wishes go out to Leigh and his family and what must be an awful time.

My thoughts go out to Leigh and his family.

He has given 20 years of enjoyment to the fans, at least we can all send him a card so he knows he's still respected and loved over here.

I only spoke to him a few times, at the GPs. He was always friendly and would make time to pose for a photo, unlike some.

Here's hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Very saddening to read through the list of injuries that this speedway great has sustained. Hope that Leigh goes on to make a full recovery. :neutral:

Fabulous idea. That will give them a big lift.

Hello everybody, this is my first post on the Forum site in the UK but i have been posting on the Australian Forum site Leigh's progress. I am the Promoter of Gillman Speedway in Adelaide Australia and am very fortunate to be close friends with the Adam's family and Kylie is living with us at the moment until she moves into a unit closer to the hospital.

I must say that the negative posts i just read on this forum site does not reflect on the wider British people and are the only negatives that i have heard since the accident. But some people are different and i feel sorry for them.

I was actually at the Finke with Leigh and was one of the first to attend to him when he had his accident. Leigh is in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in the intensive care unit. From when he first had the accident until he was visited last night, he has made fantastic progress. The injuries are quite bad and i have posted a press release on the Gillman Web Site www.gillmanspeedway.com that Kylie has approved.

Alot of people have asked where to send cards etc. and are worried that they will not reach him. If you want to send cards, please address to Leigh Adams 12 Neville Avenue Clarence Gardens South Australia 5039 and i can assur you that they will get to Leigh and Kylie.

I am sorry but i really do not have the time with what is happening over here to talk on this site, but my good friends and Leigh's BRYN, and BFD that post on here will keep you informed as they are in contact with me if need be and know where to get updates, which i am trying to do dayly.

To say that he has made fantastic improvement is an understatement. Leigh and his whole family are very strong and positive and now it will be time that will be needed to see how this all pans out.

On behalf of all the family, i thank you all for your positive comments and that you for careing.

Dave Parker

you really are a master at completely misjudging the mood of a thread aren't you?

Leigh Adams provided 99% of us with 20 years of entertainment. He showed club loyalty that most can only dream of in ANY sport. It's a crying shame that he never made World Champion, but never through lack of effort. He's a absolute legend to most, and a straightforward, honest and hard working man to the rest. as far as I am concerned, he would be more than welcomed at any track in the land should he choose to grace it with his presence, whether riding, commentating on sky or simply standing in the crowd. It matters not a bit that he's retired, or that he's living in his homeland, the man still deserves & commands a huge amount of respect and love amongst fans & riders alike, and to belittle that is, frankly, unwarranted, un-needed and wholly unwelcomed. He, and his family, deserve our support, and not comments that are akin to "who cares". Who cares? we do!

I would also like to add my sympathies, best wishes and crossing of fingers for Lee's complete, total and absolute recovery from this.

EXCELLENT POST. :approve:

I 100% agree with every word of it. Well done Celticboy. :approve:

Dont think having benefit meetings and cancelling meetings is appropriate, !!!! Leigh Adams has my full sympathy as everybody else

Somebody on the Swindon / cov thread suggested the match should have been cancelled , now somebody is suggesting making

Cardiff a Leigh benefit meeting. Sorry but dont agree for the reasons I have previously stated !!!

Actually by saying:

"As far as Britain is concerned he has retired .What he chooses

to do after that is his concern, He has had a good living out of riding in Britain"

it may suggest to most that you are opposed to any help from over here,it's quite a sweeping statement,so your sympathy isn't quite as much as everyone elses and it shows up from the negative responses to your first pathetic statement,if people feel the need to do something they will,I'll stick my hand in my pocket even if others may not ;)

Hello everybody, this is my first post on the Forum site in the UK but i have been posting on the Australian Forum site Leigh's progress..............

On behalf of all the family, i thank you all for your positive comments and that you for careing.

Dave Parker

Goodonya Dave; just one thing, you left out that he's on Morphine and eating Jelly. I can personally recommend the Morphine Royal Adelaide Hospital ICU Jelly. :lol:

Could we please draw a line under what has been said and continue with the tributes and good wishes that this thread was intended for?

Goodonya Dave; just one thing, you left out that he's on Morphine and eating Jelly. I can personally recommend the Morphine Royal Adelaide Hospital ICU Jelly. :lol:

Thanks Dave for passing on any information to this site.

Cheers

Dave Parker........

Not going to have a go for what you saying as you should be allowed your say but whatever yours thoughts i really don't think this is the right time to say them ....do yourself a favour and delete your post there just no need for it .

I find myself agreeing with Orion in that this is a board where people are entitled to their opinion. The opinion of Dornier is sure not one that almost anyone will agree with but I would not suggest any more publicity is given to it

99.9% of the people here are focussed on hoping that Leigh recoevers in the best possible way from his injuries, all talk of benefits etc are for the future, lets focus all energies on praying for recovery for now