British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

New Speedway Photos

Have now made another album of Speedway photos since I got a bit worried and took all the black/white Mike Patrick ones off after the quiz guessing the riders. ;)

I've not named anyone, but they should be pretty easy to guess, with perhaps a couple of exceptions. :D

ok...i'll do a couple to start..

1 Colin Cook

2 Ole Olsen

3 Jan Andersson

6 Colin Cook (says so on his fork cover but recognise his leathers)

7 Ole Olsen

What meeting is no 12 from Gem? It's Steve Regeling, but well after his Leicester days - was it some sort of old Lions reunion?

12 - Steve Regeling

Bloody Falcace!!

Edited by Grachan

No9 Jan O,No 10 The Black Country Dane Eric,No11 Phil,No8 Sean W ?,No 13 Shawn,but could be kelly,No14Simon,No16 Rick,the two Cradley riders in the other photograph the No 1 I,d say was Phil the other rider?.

the memory gets worse as we get older,and some of us only have memories.

12 - Steve Regeling

Bloody Falcace!!

You'll have to be quicker out of the traps in future Grach. B)

What meeting is no 12 from Gem? It's Steve Regeling, but well after his Leicester days - was it some sort of old Lions reunion?

As my husband is about as senile as me he can't remember which track it was. He is inclining towards Birmingham, but the centre green looks a bit scruffy with all the old tyres so perhaps it's Long Eaton? :D

The date is May 1990 and he also took a photo of Colin Cook so like you say it must have been some sort of special meeting reuniting the Leicester Lions.

Steve.....No 3 - Jan Andersen. I have not got this rider, but as you are usually spot on because of recognising the leathers I might be inclined to agree if you can convince me. :unsure:

Edited by Gemini

23- Les Collins

24- Peter Collins

Carl Blackbird

Andy Smith

Chris Morton

Andy Campbell(?)

Peter Carr(?)-Hidden

24- Peter Collins

Carl Blackbird

Andy Smith

Chris Morton

Andy Campbell(?)

Peter Carr(?)-Hidden

what a team - and thats only 6 of them!

19 is Neil Evitts making absolutely sure he has no trace of sideburns

23 - agree with Gaz - its Les Collins, probably from the same match as the Steve Regeling pic?

24 - PC, Carl Blackbird, Andy Smith, Chris Morton, Eddie Ingels (true to form - hidden behind a rider) and Andy Campbell