British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

New Speedway Photos

Steve.....No 3 - Jan Andersen. I have not got this rider, but as you are usually spot on because of recognising the leathers I might be inclined to agree if you can convince me. :unsure:

Jan Andersson (Swede not a Dane :wink: ) is wearing those Halvarsson leathers a few of them used to have

23 - agree with Gaz - its Les Collins, probably from the same match as the Steve Regeling pic?

and on the right in the blue pullover it looks a lot like Vic White

also going by that wall....Long Eaton

#20 Bobby Schwartz

Edited by stevehone

6 Colin Cook (says so on his fork cover but recognise his leathers)

I've changed that one now as I hadn't realised Cooky had his name on the fork cover. :P

So come on clever clogs who is the new No 6? :D

24 - PC, Carl Blackbird, Andy Smith, Chris Morton, Eddie Ingels (true to form - hidden behind a rider) and Andy Campbell

Thanks! I'd only got as far as Peter Collins, Andy Smith and Chris Morton. I'd had a guess at the last rider being Eric Broadbelt so I'll change it to Andy Campbell now.

and on the right in the blue pullover it looks a lot like Vic White

also going by that wall....Long Eaton.

Correct Steve, which confirms the photos were taken at Long Eaton and not Birmingham so I've won that little disagreement with the other half. :D

some great pics there Gemini did you take them yourself?

Must give credit for these to my husband because I was always too scared to take photos when it said in the programme photography was not allowed. :unsure:

Could 5 be Bob Garrad?
It could be but it's not. :D Edited by Gemini

Must give credit for these to my husband because I was always too scared to take photos when it said in the programme photography was not allowed. :unsure:

You have to buy a programme to know that though Gem. :wink:

I think #6 is Mark Courtney

And you would be correct. :approve:

Is he still riding?

5 - Colin Cook? or has that been suggested already?

Could 5 be Bob Garrad? 

It could be but it's not. :D

hehe - almost like you are enjoying it Gemini :P

well I can only assume that they were an influence on Garrad as the riding style is very similar

Falcace is right - No 5 is Colin Cook. The fact he has appeared more than once is just coincidence. Nothing to do with him being a great favourite of mine.:P

No. 6 was a photo of Colin at Exeter and I bet that was a sight to behold. Would have loved to have seen him belting round the County Ground.

I remember Bob Garrad in red leathers as well so perhaps that's why they look alike. I think he rode for Leicester at one time.

I know the recent ones.

4. Billy J and Fish

21. Gems favourite Lee Rico

Yeah! I was wondering when someone would have a go at them. :)

the new #6 is Mark Courtney or Andy Campbell...possibly

Edited by stevehone

Falcace is right - No 5 is Colin Cook. The fact he has appeared more than once is just coincidence. Nothing to do with him being a great favourite of mine.

Are you sure? He looks to big to be Colin

The G did indeed ride for Leicester

Are you sure? He looks to big to be Colin

Oh gawd - here we go again! :D

Having compared inside leg measurements, I am prepared to be proved wrong as I just assumed it was Cooky by the style, but must admit I'm not sure. Any ideas who then?

I had a disagreement with my husband last night regarding another photo of him when he said it looked too big to be Colin, but by comparing his gloves, leathers & boots was able to prove the two photos were taken at the same meeting. ;)