British Speedway Forum

According to tonights Welsh news no agreement has yet been reached between BSI @ the Millennium Stadium over stageing next years British Grand Prix I hope this is not the end of speedway at Cardiff, does anyone have any information

Edited by willstaxi

I can't see there being any problems, unless Eastbourne have applied for it.

According to tonights Welsh news no agreement has yet been reached between BSI @ the Millennium Stadium over stageing next years British Grand Prix I hope this is not the end of speedway at Cardiff, does anyone have any information

Yep they reckon this will be the last this year and the next couple will be held at Hampden Park in Scotland .

Yep they reckon this will be the last this year and the next couple will be held at Hampden Park in Scotland .

Well, that would be one way of killing the British GP I suppose

I don't believe that for a second.

Well, that would be one way of killing the British GP I suppose

Yep. Who the hell wants to go to Glasgow? :unsure:

Yep. Who the hell wants to go to Glasgow? :unsure:

Joe Screen

Nothing mentioned tonight re next year either, normally they announce the date for next year during the meeting. Looks like either the MS have jacked up the price or IMG trying to bring it down...be a crying shame to loose the venue...what about the Olympic stadium post August or even Wembley?

All is well.The date for next year is june 26th and it will be temporary track laid around Bournemouth football club's pitch..............or so I heard.

It's gonna be at Wembley.

I was also told this was the last Cardiff GP, and it was moving to the O2 for next season.

Doesn't bother me if it is not at Cardiff anymore, not as great as some make it out to be. Hope the event moves to a track in easterly direction as may stand a (slightly) better chance of going. Kings Lynn would be great venue IMO for a British Grand Prix.