British Speedway Forum

With the later start time this year David I think its going to be pushing it to get the 21.00 if the meeting overruns. Its normally on for longer than 2 hours...dont miss those fireworks! It was ok in previous years with the 5.00/ 5.30 start times. There is a 21.30 from Cardiff to Bristol Temple Meads, arriving at 22.24. The Paddington connection leaves at 22.30. So its cutting it fine. We live in Swindon, so will probably park at Temple Meads and drive the 40 miles down the M4.

Thanks. Is this is the case then I don't really want to be watching the clock, which is a shame, and certainly don;t want to miss any of the action. I'm kinda regretting never having been to a Cardiff SGP (haven't had a car for over 10 years), but I always use to think I'd be watching the action from so far away, up in the stands, that it would take a lot away from the experience (I'm sure there's a pile of people who'll now testify that this couldn't be further from reality). I saw GPs at Bradford and Hackney, but this is now a long time ago. I'll have to have a think about it.

Thanks. Is this is the case then I don't really want to be watching the clock, which is a shame, and certainly don;t want to miss any of the action. I'm kinda regretting never having been to a Cardiff SGP (haven't had a car for over 10 years), but I always use to think I'd be watching the action from so far away, up in the stands, that it would take a lot away from the experience (I'm sure there's a pile of people who'll now testify that this couldn't be further from reality). I saw GPs at Bradford and Hackney, but this is now a long time ago. I'll have to have a think about it.

If you live in London area can you get a supporters coach from Lakeside/Rye House? The atmosphere at Cardiff is triffik wherever you're sat. Moving the start time back an hour has probably put off quite a few of the hundreds that travel by train.

As stated on a previous post, why stay in Cardiff when there must be at least hundreds of B&Bs within a 15 mile radius of Cardiff that will charge around £70 for a double room with breakfast, add some taxi fares and its still much cheaper than Cardiff itself.

Im certain there will still be large crowd.

Me, my girlfriend and my daughter are stopping in Newport one night for £60. Train for the three of us is about£10, better than paying £100+ in Cardiff. Ticket sales look ok to me if you look on ticketmaster.

Edited by woz01

Me, my girlfriend and my daughter are stopping in Newport one night for £60. Train for the three of us is about£10, better than paying £100+ in Cardiff. Ticket sales look ok to me if you look on ticketmaster.

But you're staying in Newport :oops: Surely you may as well just go home?

Newport is very handy for the Gp whether driving yourself into Cardiff or going by train.....only half an hour by car and cheaper beds too

Newport is very handy for the Gp whether driving yourself into Cardiff or going by train.....only half an hour by car and cheaper beds too

But if you're not going to take advantage of being in Cardiff, you may as well drive home. I've bene to 100's of meetings over the years and not stayed overnight for any of them. I understand why people do it for Cardiff, the night out in Cardiff but if you're not going to be in Cardiff just go home. I could understand if we were talking someone who lived up north but the meeting will be over by 9, you could be back in the midlands by 12.

I've no received my tickets yet, anyone else in the same boat?

NO! I've had mine for at least 6 weeks!! Get on to them!

Edited by Jacques

But if you're not going to take advantage of being in Cardiff, you may as well drive home. I've bene to 100's of meetings over the years and not stayed overnight for any of them. I understand why people do it for Cardiff, the night out in Cardiff but if you're not going to be in Cardiff just go home. I could understand if we were talking someone who lived up north but the meeting will be over by 9, you could be back in the midlands by 12.

Yes I know what you're saying but as not everyone lives within easy driving distance from Cardiff (like you said), I'm coming from Ireland and imagine if you'd come down from Yorkshire or even Scotland, thats a fair old drive after walking the legs off yourself all day in Cardiff so some of us prefer a short drive to bed on the night and home the day after. :D

Also used to stay in the area so we could attend the Welsh open at Newport....alas not to be this year :sad: :sad:

#RICO #makeCardiffwhiteforRICO

Edited by emerald tyke

This is the first time I have attended a Grand Prix meeting at Cardiff.

How much do the programme normally cost?

Do you get a free British flag when going into the stadium, or do you need to bring one?

is Craig Cook riding or has another reserve been elected for this meeting with Ben Barker?

Thanks Elliot

is Craig Cook riding or has another reserve been elected for this meeting with Ben Barker?

Thanks Elliot

Craig Cook is out with a broken wrist. Ben Barker takes his spot as 1st reserve and Josh Auty takes 2nd reserve.

Bit harsh on riders like Roynon/Woffinden in my opinion, but that's the way it goes.

• Like 1

Do you get a free British flag when going into the stadium, or do you need to bring one?
You get a flag, a coat, a programme and a voucher for a hotel for the night. If you ask the counters you also get a beer and a hot dog.

You get a flag, a coat, a programme and a voucher for a hotel for the night. If you ask the counters you also get a beer and a hot dog.

Whimsy!!!! :lol:

The GP prog was £10 last year (inc FREE 'Live' Commentary radio) which no doubt may be upto £12 this year :sad: Nothing coming down only the rain!!

I think its only certain areas (for shots on tv) that get the flags so i'd bring your own to be sure.

Rest assured though you ARE in for a treat!!! roll on saturday.Enjoy :party:

How much do the programme normally cost?

Thanks Elliot

I personally wouldn't waste money on the programme, it's one of those big A4 jobbies and I hate the race card format, so we print our own one off in the hotel on the Saturday morning and use our normal programme board.

The only area where you get a free flag is the middle tier on the back straight so that it looks good on Sky ... ;) there are loads of stalls selling flags and all that guff around the stadium...