British Speedway Forum

Get yer Union flag from Tesco like what I have done, a lot cheaper than the stalls outside the stadium.

The official SGP website once again is giving conflicting advice regarding the time of the draw and added an absolute pearler too.

On the home page it has an earlier draw time than we've been getting for most of the year, namely, it says 13:00 local time. One clicks upon the 'Live Draw' link and it firmly states 17:15 local time. Before anyone moans about 'does it matter?' yes it does as the later time means lots of fans on mainland Europe don't get to print out racecards at work, educational establishment or a library etc. Also, more importantly i've got to plan my day lol lol.

Additionally, first time i've ever come across this but whilst it correctly lists the Wild Card and reserves (including Josh Auty as an updated replacement) the draw is already filled in!......with last years field!.

Edited by manchesterpaul

simply print out a blank race card/template and write the riders in once known.

• Like 1

http://speedwaygp.com/event/speedwaygp-2012-cardiff "event info"

Saturday 25 August:

Draw:

13:00-13:15

Queens Arcade shopping centre

Queen Street

CardiffCF10 2BY

http://www.queensarcade.info/

Open to public so come down and watch!

that can't be right, they must mean Friday 24th.

Edited by marky

simply print out a blank race card/template and write the riders in once known.

Eh! why? :) I only wanted to get the time confirmed (i do think it will be 13:00) because i have the MIniMax racecards to produce and wanted to plan the comings and goings of my day. The reference to our overseas friends was just prempting people asking why does the time of the draw matter. Additionally, a lot of fans in the UK find the later draw time a rush to get their cards printed out.

Most of the major sports (think of football's UEFA Champions League etc) do draws around midday in order to get maximum publicity by making the local and national media deadlines for the following day's copy. To stage it at the end of the working day seems a trifle unproductive. Not all newsrooms or sports sections have 24 hour full-time staff.

http://speedwaygp.co...gp-2012-cardiff "event info"

Saturday 25 August:

Draw:

13:00-13:15

Queens Arcade shopping centre

Queen Street

CardiffCF10 2BY

http://www.queensarcade.info/

Open to public so come down and watch!

that can't be right, they must mean Friday 24th.

Ok i so not gonna proofread their website but ooops some webmaster is having a bad week lol. Like i mentioned above i'm guessing it will be at 13:00. Just fired off a helpful email and we shall wait and see if they get to read it, let alone act on it lol. Got to admit though they do have an otherwise super website, it's very impressive.

Edited by manchesterpaul

But if you're not going to take advantage of being in Cardiff, you may as well drive home. I've bene to 100's of meetings over the years and not stayed overnight for any of them. I understand why people do it for Cardiff, the night out in Cardiff but if you're not going to be in Cardiff just go home. I could understand if we were talking someone who lived up north but the meeting will be over by 9, you could be back in the midlands by 12.

My missus who is driving didnt fancy driving there and back in one day. We are leaving at 9 and hope to get to Cardiif by 12-1 ish and enjoy the day and the pubs!

Not quite the glittering gala event then...? ;)

The Queens Arcade is actually quite posh. Oh who am I kidding?!

Why the Queens Arcade? St Davids 2 would have made far more sense, it's the premier shopping centre in Cardiff. The Queens Arcade is a bit of a "well we can't have the best so we'll take the other one"

Anyway, where abouts in the Queens Arcade is it? If you are down one end at 1pm for the start time, it would take you until 1.15pm to get to the other end so you could miss the draw.

Just fired off a helpful email and we shall wait and see if they get to read it, let alone act on it lol. Got to admit though they do have an otherwise super website, it's very impressive.

Nice to see that even in busy Cardiff week they are managing to read their emails. They've corrected the timing and cleared out last year's line-up from the draw page. So 13:00 it is then APPROVE of that :t:

Whimsy!!!! :lol:

The GP prog was £10 last year (inc FREE 'Live' Commentary radio) which no doubt may be upto £12 this year :sad: Nothing coming down only the rain!!

I think its only certain areas (for shots on tv) that get the flags so i'd bring your own to be sure.

Rest assured though you ARE in for a treat!!! roll on saturday.Enjoy :party:

£10 for a programme???? My entire weekend in Poland for a GP isn't much more ;) - I went to Cardiff once, was excellent but everything was so overpriced ( hotel, ticket, entry to sheepland, parking, DRINK) I have no intention of going back. Cue mean Scot remarks

WHEN are the draws ever glittering gala events?

IT may still not be the glittering gala event that Humphrey would like to see but members of the Australian paralympics rugby team will be making the draw in Cardiff tomorrow and coming to the GP on Saturday. Chris Holder will be there, too.

Just wonder whether they will pass the balls to each other rather than draw them out of a bag!

• Like 1

£10 for a programme???? My entire weekend in Poland for a GP isn't much more ;) - I went to Cardiff once, was excellent but everything was so overpriced ( hotel, ticket, entry to sheepland, parking, DRINK) I have no intention of going back. Cue mean Scot remarks

I don't think its over priced compared to other sporting events,Programme is a bit pricey but you can get cheaper hotels outside cardiff and get train in,staying at Porthcawl this year and train in is only about a fiver from bridgend,no parking or wasting fuel in queues,drink is always expensive at big events.