British Speedway Forum

I thought I'd heard the voice somewhere else. Cheers

No worries, does he not get carried away like shouty & co then? He does tend to do so when commentating on football, decent anchor though.

Congratulations to Chris Holder on an awesome display tonight. First interview after a GP i can remember when he hasn't been 'stoked' though!!

I think that is now 6 out of 12 stagings at Cardiff that have been won by an Aussie, Crump 3, Holder 2 and Sullivan. Is that also the first GP at Cardiff when a Brit hasn't won a single race? Plymouth fans must be chuffed with Barker for choosing a non riding appearance at Cardiff ahead of the PL Pairs on Friday when the other reserve Josh Auty did both.

Couldn't justify the costs of tickets and travel myself again this year whenever it was going to be staged so made do with SKY again. Looked a good meeting with the usual excellent Cardiff atomosphere. Might go next year finances and ticket prices allowing.

Edited by drew2

Fletch im sure would be a brilliant anchor if Sky ever snared him....they wont so irrelevent! Phil do u know if BSI intend to talk to Cardiff tourism about the hike in prices?! I was lucky as I booked Hilton last minute cheaper than jurys etc....getting pished now lol well done to my 'friend' Noddy lol

No worries, does he not get carried away like shouty & co then? He does tend to do so when commentating on football, decent anchor though.

He did raise his voice at times and spent one race getting Nicki and Emil muddled up, but Jan kept correcting him!

Overall a very enjoyable listen. Perhaps it was on 5live Extra?

Plymouth fans must be chuffed with Barker for choosing a non riding appearance at Cardiff ahead of the PL Pairs on Friday when the other reserve Josh Auty did both

Good point.

Hans Andersen looked a different rider from the one I saw struggle at Swindon on Thursday.

Edited by Shadders

He did raise his voice at times and spent one race getting Nicki and Emil muddled up, but Jan kept correcting him!

Overall a very enjoyable listen. Perhaps it was on 5live Extra?

No mate, it was for the official feed apparently, something like that anyway, perhaps the down under broadcasts. Since you mention, 5 Live have given it a fair bit of plugging over the last 24hrs, more so than I've noticed for previous GPs, perhaps it's down to Fletcher's influence.

You mentioned the earphone you were given, did everyone who bought a programme get them? If so that's pretty decent, did you find it distracting during the racing?

Edited by nw42

Fletch im sure would be a brilliant anchor if Sky ever snared him....they wont so irrelevent! Phil do u know if BSI intend to talk to Cardiff tourism about the hike in prices?! I was lucky as I booked Hilton last minute cheaper than jurys etc....getting pished now lol well done to my 'friend' Noddy lol

Bearing in mind your progress towards inebriation, did you mean a 'brilliant anchor'? Or was it a slip of the tongue???! :D

Well done to Chris and a Poole 1-2-3.

Just back at hotel in Caerphilly, congratulations to Chris Holder. Some very good racing, good performance from Scotty, bomber got better after a shocking start but too late.

The crowd looked abit down, although it was packed near me in middle tier. At the end of the day it's more about the atmosphere, tonight as ever was electric.

Must say great to see so many in Rico t shirts, truely brilliant. RIP

You mentioned the earphone you were given, did everyone who bought a programme get them? If so that's pretty decent, did you find it distracting during the racing?

They were included in the price I was told, pretty steep at a tenner!!. Bought mine at lunchtime from the fan zone.

I didn't find it distracting at all, it actually enhanced my enjoyment of the occasion.

I've been a big fan of radio commentary ever since I used to listen to midweek football on a transistor radio under the covers a kid in the 70's.

Edited by Shadders

I used the earphone abit, problem was it was just too loud in the stadium to hear it all the time. You can turn the volume up but even on full blast its hard to hear it with all the airhorns. I might just be going deaf though!!!!

Congratulations to Chris Holder on an awesome display tonight. First interview after a GP i can remember when he hasn't been 'stoked' though!!

I think that is now 6 out of 12 stagings at Cardiff that have been won by an Aussie, Crump 3, Holder 2 and Sullivan. Is that also the first GP at Cardiff when a Brit hasn't won a single race? Plymouth fans must be chuffed with Barker for choosing a non riding appearance at Cardiff ahead of the PL Pairs on Friday when the other reserve Josh Auty did both.

Couldn't justify the costs of tickets and travel myself again this year whenever it was going to be staged so made do with SKY again. Looked a good meeting with the usual excellent Cardiff atomosphere. Might go next year finances and ticket prices allowing.

And, Sky couldn't even show the Trophy presentation, very very poor by Sky.

• Like 1

I think that's because Speedway just isn't a sport that anyone notices so as long as the meeting is shown then it's job done by Sky. They may have made an exception if a Brit had won but still unlikely.

I thought the racing started off brilliantly in heat 1 and 2 but died down after that with only the odd heat with anything of any note. I always feel we glorify how good it is just because it's the British GP.

Holder isn't my favourite rider but he was a class above the rest of the field tonight. Bomber was most disappointing which was a shame to see. It'd have been nice for the fans who'd travelled there to have something to shout about.

Bearing in mind your progress towards inebriation, did you mean a 'brilliant anchor'? Or was it a slip of the tongue???! :D

Well done to Chris and a Poole 1-2-3.

Lmao no slip of the tongue but deffo a few slips down the neck! Jeez these keys r gerrin smaller (hic) by the second.....

btw thought the meeting generallallally was cack!

Well done Poole Pirates. Just shown what a mockery the team building rules in this country are. Let's hope the AGM gets tasty again.

• Like 1

Well done Poole Pirates. Just shown what a mockery the team building rules in this country are. Let's hope the AGM gets tasty again.

:t:

NEVER write off Fast Freddie :lol:

A decent comeback after 3 dodgy rides. He needs to keep his form going with Antonio breaking into the top 8 and with AJ capable of a big finish.

Nice to see Middlo reward Tai as our next best hope on the International stage by giving reserve spots to PL riders.

Its clear his heart is with the Aussies. Shameful.