British Speedway Forum

It is not the doctor who states when a race can be run, it is the person controlling the meeting who should have been aware that the doctor was not on the track. It is possible that there were two fully qualified medical people at the stadium and that one was on the centre green. If not the doctor should inform the person in charge that he is leaving the track, maybe he did, in which case it is not the doctors fault.

Edited by A ORLOV

It is not the doctor who states when a race can be run, it is the person controlling the meeting who should have been aware that the doctor was not on the track. It is possible that there were two fully qualified medical people at the stadium and that one was on the centre green. If not the doctor should inform the person in charge that he is leaving the track, maybe he did, in which case it is not the doctors fault.

The Doc was the only fully qualified and stated medic for the meeting. Those in the pits were surprised they heard the next race start and I confirmed that it had been shown on the big screens in real time.

Not taking anything personally.

Minority sport on not, if it's 2nd or 3rd in the viewing stats then it would be reasonable to class it as something of importance to Sky.

Their treatment - repeatedly - suggests otherwise.

The Doc was the only fully qualified and stated medic for the meeting. Those in the pits were surprised they heard the next race start and I confirmed that it had been shown on the big screens in real time.

And what a great doctor dr kenyan is. He has been my doctor for 30 years. Great man

Would track or support staff be outside the stadium 30 minutes before tapes up flogging complementary tickets? And why would they have about 200 of these tickets in sequential order, are IMG that generous with their freebies?

Na they tight as a crabs backside these days :-)

I think it would be better to ask how complimentary tickets are getting into the hands of touts and being sold at knock down prices.

Perhaps they actually are complementary tickets though - given out to make the crowd look bigger.. ;)

when we sponsored the event back in 2007 /2008 we have 2 or 3 boxes and about 50 start line tickets along with 500 normal seat tickets all of which we gave away. i would imgine quite a few of these were sold on.

And what a great doctor dr kenyan is. He has been my doctor for 30 years. Great man

That's why I added the last line in my post #645. He's Stuey Robson's as well.

Thanks Steve good to see.

Is picture 110 Nicki P's new 'hairdryer'?

i just thought someone called Ghostbusters ....

• Like 1

You'd think in that 30 years you'd have known how to spell his name ... :lol:

You'd think in that 30 years you'd have known how to spell his name ... :lol:

I put it all down to the education system. :lol:

• Like 2

My word some people are hard to please. Off the top of my head there were the following races from the meetign which were absolutely top drawer: Crump v Pedersen, Emil vs Holder and both Semis. Plenty of other decent races as well.

I think Rob (lucifer Sam) mentioned the 81 World Final and the Penhall Olsn race. Judging by some of the comments on here, I bet some people would have gone home from Wembley 81 unhappy saying:

There were only two decent races. No Brit on the podium, how depressing. Three top competitors riders had there hopes dashed by engine failures, whato an unfair system. Total anti-climax with Penhall just needig a point from his last ride. Four continental riders were totally out of their depth, what a joke giving slots to riders based on nationality. What a farce that PC culdn't enter the world champs this year - how can anyone call Penhall World Champion when not all riders in the world got to take part. The crowd was nowhere near as good as those in the 40s and 50s. Wembley is old and run down, and accomodation in London is two expensive. Beer is more expensive than in my local as well. Pre-meetig entertainment was rubbish, and didn't think much of those start tarts. You know what, I might not go to a Wembley final ever again...

I thought it was an excellent meeting, in an excellent GP series, think people shoudl appreciate what they have with this GP

• Like 1

My word some people are hard to please. Off the top of my head there were the following races from the meetign which were absolutely top drawer: Crump v Pedersen, Emil vs Holder and both Semis. Plenty of other decent races as well.

I think Rob (lucifer Sam) mentioned the 81 World Final and the Penhall Olsn race. Judging by some of the comments on here, I bet some people would have gone home from Wembley 81 unhappy saying:

There were only two decent races. No Brit on the podium, how depressing. Three top competitors riders had there hopes dashed by engine failures, whato an unfair system. Total anti-climax with Penhall just needig a point from his last ride. Four continental riders were totally out of their depth, what a joke giving slots to riders based on nationality. What a farce that PC culdn't enter the world champs this year - how can anyone call Penhall World Champion when not all riders in the world got to take part. The crowd was nowhere near as good as those in the 40s and 50s. Wembley is old and run down, and accomodation in London is two expensive. Beer is more expensive than in my local as well. Pre-meetig entertainment was rubbish, and didn't think much of those start tarts. You know what, I might not go to a Wembley final ever again...

I thought it was an excellent meeting, in an excellent GP series, think people shoudl appreciate what they have with this GP

Couldnt agree more....I think its been a great gp series so far this year and can't wait for saturdays gp.

Just think we could have also had the likes of rolling at the tapes too Ivan M style (wonder how he'd fare now having to be stationary :lol:

• Like 1

IVAN could make a great start going backwards.

:lol: Exactly but I wonder how great would he have been if he had to do a "proper stand still start"??...pity we couldnt go back to the "rolling start" might give Bomber (the RACER!!! not starter) a better chance :approve: