Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Yeah, great venue. Can the stadium accommodate the 40,000+ who will want to watch?

My guess is that they are bringing others along who haven't booked

Or maybe he just isnt happy being stung with a £300 bill to stay a few nights in cardiff.

I've tried to check out coach and train travel from London, as I'm thinking of going (would be my first GP).

There don't seem to be any coaches or trains back after the event (looked at national express and train line).

Can anyone advise me on the best way to and from Cardiff by public transport from central London (without having to stay overnight)?

Thanks in advance.

David

Go on trainline you can leave Paddington at 10:45 and get to Cardiff 12:45 last train back is 21:00 gets to Paddington at 00:38 single ticket for each way works out at £45 return

@#318 Triple.H.

Thanks. I presume the meeting is due to end at 8pm - in your experience is this about right, or do they sometimes go on longer. Any idea how far the station is from the stadium, or how long it would take if walking.

Thanks,

David

@#318 Triple.H.

Thanks. I presume the meeting is due to end at 8pm - in your experience is this about right, or do they sometimes go on longer. Any idea how far the station is from the stadium, or how long it would take if walking.

Thanks,

David

6 pm start no hold ups would see final run about 8.40pm.Really all depends on hold-ups if you would have to miss any of the action.Station is just a couple of minutes from the stadium.

Edited by racers and royals

@#318 Triple.H.

Thanks,

David

The train station is just literally across the road from stadium.prob 5-7 mins walk...however if you havent bought your Gp tickets yet, I would maybe purchase them in the part of the stadium where you could enter/exit through gates 6 or 7 ( seats in back straight or 3 & 4 bends) as this would be nearest to train station end of walkway outside stadium for when you come out near time of your train departure. Good Luck ......only :party: 12 more sleeps

Edited by emerald tyke

not a big issue to some but maybe quite a few , the Walkabout bar closed on gp weekend for refurb.. always been a hotspot thru weekend maybe this has already been mentioned on here

@#318 Triple.H.

Thanks,

David

With the later start time this year David I think its going to be pushing it to get the 21.00 if the meeting overruns. Its normally on for longer than 2 hours...dont miss those fireworks! It was ok in previous years with the 5.00/ 5.30 start times. There is a 21.30 from Cardiff to Bristol Temple Meads, arriving at 22.24. The Paddington connection leaves at 22.30. So its cutting it fine. We live in Swindon, so will probably park at Temple Meads and drive the 40 miles down the M4.

It will be interesting to see how much the gate will be down for Cardiff this year as every GP gate has been lower than last season. Surely the gate for the Italian GP (around 2,500) must be the lowest ever for a GP.. Some of the Cardiff hotel prices are scandalous but then there are three big events over the week end and they are just cashing in.

It will be interesting to see how much the gate will be down for Cardiff this year as every GP gate has been lower than last season. Surely the gate for the Italian GP (around 2,500) must be the lowest ever for a GP.. Some of the Cardiff hotel prices are scandalous but then there are three big events over the week end and they are just cashing in.

Bloody extortionate but most peeps probably travel there and back in a day. More Poles attend now, but probably less British fans.

sorry but to exspensive for me this year,ive done 7 out of 10 i think but il keep money and watch on tv.sad but times are hard :cry:

As stated on a previous post, why stay in Cardiff when there must be at least hundreds of B&Bs within a 15 mile radius of Cardiff that will charge around £70 for a double room with breakfast, add some taxi fares and its still much cheaper than Cardiff itself.

Im certain there will still be large crowd.

I've no received my tickets yet, anyone else in the same boat?