British Speedway Forum

strange but last year i went and didnt think much of it but enjoyed it on tv more the next day.didnt go this year cuz of cost and watched it on sky and really enjoyed it!!must be better on tv than live?

On TV the track to start looked great, fast, overtaking etc! the commentators even noted unusual to have a raceable track so early on! Then they worked it? pressed it and made it hard!

Holder, top draw, can gate, can pass.

Hancock, unlucky

Crump, unlucky, hope all ok

Pederson, got blocked and thats racing, what a tryer!

Harris, Great racer! (You can not win enough races at this level FROM THE BACK!!) Buy some gating gloves, lessons or whatever it takes.

Nicholls, Great racer, Good speed, inconsistant gating, proved best of the brits!

Fast Fred, Got it right near the end (Well done)

Lindback (Hot n cold) when he is hot he is hot! oh and cool!

Gollob, still not there for some reason

Emil, Great race with Holder, pretty much on a par with Holder

Pretty decent meeting, some great races, some British dissapointment (As expected)

M

• Like 1

strange but last year i went and didnt think much of it but enjoyed it on tv more the next day.didnt go this year cuz of cost and watched it on sky and really enjoyed it!!must be better on tv than live?

Said to the missus last night may not go next year, it's not a cheap day out, park and ride and prog cost is a rip-off. Lowest-priced tickets still 29 quid though. Didn't see any punch-ups this year, not as many Polish fans, atmosphere and racing was better last couple of years. Definitely lowest crowd since I've been going, since 2005. perhaps I'm getting too used to it?

Always prefer being there compared to watching on tele for any sport. No methanol fumes last night though!

thought the racing was good on a smooth track, pre meeting entertainment was on par with the usual garbage ,when will people learn that xfactor and bgt dont provide any entertainment for anybody over 14 with a brain, ticket prices were good for the event that it is ,programmes were a bit steep at £10 but the ear piece you got free with them was a good idea and enjoyed listening to the jan and darren fletcher,crowd looked the same as every other year to me but didnt seem as many poles ,speeedway was a good winner and proved why its the most exciting sport on the planet but how long before it shoots itself in the foot again

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Just how can Cardiff be considered overpriced at £29 when you look at the price bieng charged for the "Elite" League Riders Cahmopinship at Swinidon in October?

The ELRC is being advertised at £25 - hmmm, presentation will not be anywhere near that at Cardiff, nowhere near as good a view, all seater stadium, clean, loads of facilities to keep the ladies happy, the firworks, the spectacle of the event, the big screens, the racing, yes the racing this year was good imo and the track good.

So who then has got the pricing wrong? Cardiff is a one off, the highlight of the British calendar, far better to be there than watch on the TV in my view, I'm lucky to be close enough that is no more than an hours drive away.

I for one will not be going to Swindon at that price to see a depleted field as riders pull out for whatever reason, the poor facilites in comparison, the disruption of the weather etc etc.

• Like 2

Just how can Cardiff be considered overpriced at £29 when you look at the price bieng charged for the "Elite" League Riders Cahmopinship at Swinidon in October?

The ELRC is being advertised at £25 - hmmm, presentation will not be anywhere near that at Cardiff, nowhere near as good a view, all seater stadium, clean, loads of facilities to keep the ladies happy, the firworks, the spectacle of the event, the big screens, the racing, yes the racing this year was good imo and the track good.

So who then has got the pricing wrong? Cardiff is a one off, the highlight of the British calendar, far better to be there than watch on the TV in my view, I'm lucky to be close enough that is no more than an hours drive away.

I for one will not be going to Swindon at that price to see a depleted field as riders pull out for whatever reason, the poor facilites in comparison, the disruption of the weather etc etc.

Its the Hotels that kill it, the pricing for the meeting is spot on.

Would have thought most of the 38000 peeps travel there and back in the day, judging by the traffic on the M4. Spoke to one bloke who was driving back to Edinburgh! 29 quid is excellent value, certainly in comparison with some football, rugby, cricket, rock gigs that I've attended.

• Like 1

my other half stayed in a hostel with her friends about 1 mile from stadium , it was basic but clean and slept 4 people and it was free parking and was £20 a room per night ,thats cheap in anybodys book, i left my van there too for free and we got a taxi in to center

As i said last night, people just can't afford it nowadays, with hotel prices ticket prices fuel and food prices, which business will do because they have to live, and they want to make a killing.unless you are willing to use credit cards up to the hilt, then watch the bill plump through the letter box a month later, which to hazzard a guess, many are prepared to do, and many won't do.

Unless the powers that be do something to arrest this, eventhough this is supposed to be our flag bering meeting of the season attendances will continue to dwindle year on year. But don't take my word for it, it was there to see with your own eyes last night...

Edited by Starman2006

Why do the have to mess up the track every 4 races.Surely a bit lighter grade to bring a little of the dirt back in would do.Getting fed up watching them mess the track every GP.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with the hotels mate. You don't have to stay in them. Simples.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with the hotels mate. You don't have to stay in them. Simples.

I think anyone who lives more than 200 miles away may say different, its more a case of you don't "have" to go :neutral:

I think anyone who lives more than 200 miles away may say different, its more a case of you don't "have" to go :neutral:

Or stay outside Cardiff, in the Somerset area. Plenty of places in the burnham OTA Area, and a quarter of the prices Cardiff will charge. Just have to get yourselves out of bed early in the morning. But then everybody to their own.

Edited by Starman2006

Dont know if anyone parked at the 10 quid park and ride at County Hall.Sure it was free 2005/6? The tight buggers turned off all the lights on returning, and some old dear tripped up, not badly hurt. 'Er indoors was fuming and is firing-off an e-mail to the authority today.

Will probably go by Swindon supporters coach next year if we attend. The fans will only put up with so many rip-offs in these tough economic times.