Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Bout time you started using them then. I WAS there, unlike you and Philip's stalker iris123, and the figures just about stack up. Spaces in the lower level on the 3rd/4th bend, but much more tickets sold this year in the upper tiers, especially on the back straight. If you don't want to believe things, don't make a mug of yourself.

You are boring mate.Get a life.I have made many many posts here agreeing with Philip.Just because over the past few days i have disagreed doesn't make me a stalker and doesn't mean later on today or tomorrow i won't be back agreeing with him.I have nothing personal against him and by stating that an article in a magazine questioned where they got the crowd figures from or quoting Crumps Swedish averages i am using published facts and opinions from other sources,not the stuff like your opinions :rofl:

As it happens from the couple of threads where we disagreed i think iam right in saying i posted before Philip,so if you have some proof of what you are accusing me of put up or please shut up or maybe i will break the habit of a lifetime and report a post

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

For the first time I was really disappointed with the whole thing. For some reason it all seemed a bit flat - very little in the way of atmosphere, not the best racing and as for the "entertainment", least said the better. In fact, the only enjoyable part of the day (for me) was listening to the Magoos in the Fanzone. If you want decent pre meeting entertainment BSI, I suggest you look at bringing in this group from the Fanzone.

I have seen every Cardiff GP except the first and for the first time am seriously considering whether I want to go again. This indecision is nothing to do with Cardiff itself but with the way that last night's meeting was presented and the general poor standard of racing.

There are many who have said, and will continue to say, that you are going to watch speedway and not the "entertainment" and in a small way they are correct. Speedway itself was designed as a new form of entertainment and not as a sport - as such, it achieved a great deal of success but then it started to take itself seriously and that, IMO, is when the rot started. However, returning to the pre match entertainment, there are many who do not wish to sit in pubs until the last minute, those with children and those who just prefer to be in the stadium early to avoid a crush. Should these people have to sit around for an hour or more twiddling their thumbs purely because they do not, or cannot, drink themselves thionk in a crowded bar?

Lastly I shall upset the "our Armed forces are wonderful" brigade. I was offended and worried that members of the armed forces were on parade. Forces representing violence should have no place in peace time entertainment other than in specific military shows. My fear is that with the increased use of military personnel in uniform, it will be more usual to them on the streets patrolling than police officers. By all means call me stupid, and I know there those who will, but I am concerned that this is the beginning of a militarisation of everyday life.

Get a grip will you. It's great to see 'our' soldiers being given the priviledge to take part in such a festival of sport. If it wasn't for the racing, the stadium, the fireworks, the parking, the hotels, the campsites, the bloody Poles, the announcers, the programme and now the military invasion in sport, some folks would still find something to bloody moan about.

You are boring mate.Get a life.I have made many many posts here agreeing with Philip.Just because over the past few days i have disagreed doesn't make me a stalker and doesn't mean later on today or tomorrow i won't be back agreeing with him.I have nothing personal against him and by stating that an article in a magazine questioned where they got the crowd figures from or quoting Crumps Swedish averages i am using published facts and opinions from other sources,not the stuff like your opinions :rofl:

Love you too. You can take the man out of Millwall, but you can't take the Millwall out of the man. I'd believe Philip before you anytime. And this isn't the first time you have had a go at him, me or a couple of others.

• Like 2

Totally enjoyed the meeting and the build up...........pity the rest of the weekend was a disaster.........82 photos on my phone to sort out too..........

RP

Love you too. You can take the man out of Millwall, but you can't take the Millwall out of the man. I'd believe Philip before you anytime. And this isn't the first time you have had a go at him, me or a couple of others.

Been here for years disagreed with loads of posts and posters.have you always agreed with everyone?Not from my memory and seems quite often start calling people names.....so i refer you to my previous post,put up or please shut up :t:

• Like 1

Some people on here need to get some therapy. Either that, we've been invaded by morons!!! :blink:

Another great weekend, great to meet up with old pals and meet new ones.. Bagpuss, Blazeaway, Dietbowers, Phillipop and Shovvy too. :approve:

Orion went missing apparently having to go and move his van.....

Well deserved winner in Holder. My highlight was KK getting second..Woohoo!

Getting ready to get the tickets sorted for next year when the new date is announced. :t:

Edited by Jacques

Get a grip will you. It's great to see 'our' soldiers being given the priviledge to take part in such a festival of sport. If it wasn't for the racing, the stadium, the fireworks, the parking, the hotels, the campsites, the bloody Poles, the announcers, the programme and now the military invasion in sport, some folks would still find something to bloody moan about.

And with a roof they can't moan about the weather either!

Some people on here need to get some therapy. Either that, we've been invaded by morons!!! :blink:

Another great weekend, great to meet up with old pals and meet new ones.. :approve:

Well deserved winner in Holder. My highlight was KK getting second..Woohoo!

Getting ready to get the tickets sorted for next year when the new date is announced. :t:

My highlight was meeting you!!

• Like 1

I got to give her one as well..... :wink::lol::P

• Like 2

Aaaww :D

I got to give her one as well..... :wink::lol::P

:shock::D

PASSING, in my opinion, isn't the b-all and end-all of great speedway.

Bernie Ecclestone said much the same thing, but the public and television companies eventually said otherwise ;-)

I'd agree that good race doesn't necessarily have passing, but if there's little passing in any race then I do think that's a concern.

Over the years the philosophy has remained the same, although for a while some quite high profile performers were booked until the fees demanded grew out of proportion.

Why would the fees for disparate artists grow out of proportion? I think it's more likely the available budget for things decreased.

Sad that Sky didn't show the presentation. It seems to be the norm for them. Cannot imagine that happening at soccer or cricket.

Unfortunately, it puts the relative importance of speedway into context.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Mr Holder may have been top dog yesterday but he is getting slaughtered in Poland today on his own track :blink:

Been here for years disagreed with loads of posts and posters.have you always agreed with everyone?Not from my memory and seems quite often start calling people names.....so i refer you to my previous post,put up or please shut up :t:

I'll always 'put up' when I have a decent contribution to make. Time for you to jog on.

Mr Holder may have been top dog yesterday but he is getting slaughtered in Poland today on his own track :blink:

Worked hard for his 2nd place behind Darcy in heat 14 though! Iversen kept him more than honest!

I'll always 'put up' when I have a decent contribution to make. Time for you to jog on.

Yeah,when.....few and far between those occasions.Do it now then or just log out as this sort of thing is very boring for everyone including me

• Like 3

Ok , back safely to Preston ( went with a friend whose only other Speedway ' live ' meet was the British Final at Cov earlier in the yr ) and he enjoyed every minute and frankly so did I ( maybe Im easily pleased )

We had a lovely stop in a B&B just on the outskirts of Newport and bumped into a couple of Belle Vue fans like me ( drowned ours sorrows over breakfast ) , had a great curry on the Saturday , bought a nice couple of books off an author in the Speedway Fayre and off Nick Barber whomn I deal with a bit on Ebay ( some nice badges acquired ) , loved the atmosphere , had a lovely family infront of us , dad with 4 young lads reminded me of my youth and watching Speedway ( not quite in the same luxurious surroundings !! ) , thought the best man won , some decent races including one great Semi , drove home and when the date is confirmed tomm I wil ring up the B&B and book in for 2013 !!!!

Glass Half Full/Half Empty - all entitled to our opinion - I loved every minute

Chris

• Like 2