British Speedway Forum

Cardiff is definately the perfect place

Wembley; they'd want an absolute fortune and I doubt the FA lot would give a monkeys about Speedway

it's in London too and people think Cardiff prices are a lot?? Acess,traffic perking? Oh and a roof? much less atmosphere too,but probably even more Poles as the locals might turn out :o

O2; great venue,a roof too (but fumes?)it's in London,another rip off also acess,traffic,parking?

Murrayfeild;no roof,anyone got more info of location/hotels ameneties,acess?

Hampden;no roof,see above

Kings Lynn?? lay off the pop :)

Peterborough?? keep laying off the pop :)

Cardiff is it,even if it costs more(as long as still in profit) as I think another venue may have people very wary at first and would be a huge gamble

Can't see the Cardiff Gp being moved to anywhere else. Why would they? Its the showcase!! probably a tactic to get a price reduction though! :lol:

Its a brilliant venue for us anyway travelling over from Ireland yearly....knowing its one meeting we can attend that can NEVER be rained off!!...would be an expensive exercise otherwise for us.

Why move it from cardiff?

Crowds increasing each year, its in the middle of a superb city, its got a roof, the riders love the place and its also not too far for most.

Scotland would never happen, no way would you see near 50,000 fans in murrayfield or HP.

I think its best left as it is, a second gp in britain could well see the cardiff gate drop significantly.

I think that Cardiff has become the spiritual home of the Grand Prix, and I think that everyone concerned should strive to keep it at Cardiff.

But if not Cardiff why not Don Valley Arena at Sheffield, close to Sheffield town centre, close to Robin Hood Airport and Manchester airport, close to the M1 and excellent public transport links. The only downside would be it does not have de tractable roof.But like I say, every effort should be made to keep it at Cardiff.

I think that Cardiff has become the spiritual home of the Grand Prix, and I think that everyone concerned should strive to keep it at Cardiff.

But if not Cardiff why not Don Valley Arena at Sheffield, close to Sheffield town centre, close to Robin Hood Airport and Manchester airport, close to the M1 and excellent public transport links. The only downside would be it does not have de tractable roof.But like I say, every effort should be made to keep it at Cardiff.

With the speed the hotels are selling out for the weekend of the 22nd June 12, it seems to be a safe bet that this is the SGP weekend.

Just spoke to the Park Plaza and they have advised that they have just had communication from the Speedway officials themselves to say that the dates are not confirmed – they may be moving until the end of August, beginning of September.

Why move it from cardiff?

Crowds increasing each year, its in the middle of a superb city, its got a roof, the riders love the place and its also not too far for most.

Scotland would never happen, no way would you see near 50,000 fans in murrayfield or HP.

I think its best left as it is, a second gp in britain could well see the cardiff gate drop significantly.

I dont agree, I think a second UK GP would have no effect on Cardiff, as long as they spread them out over the season.

With the speed the hotels are selling out for the weekend of the 22nd June 12, it seems to be a safe bet that this is the SGP weekend.

Not necessarily. As already stated, the Olympic Football people want the stadium from around that time until mid August so it could well be that hotels are selling for those people. I think late August would be the best option and would mean a good chance of decent weather.

I dont agree, I think a second UK GP would have no effect on Cardiff, as long as they spread them out over the season.

What percentage of speedway fans don't go to Cardiff? Of those, how many don't go due to travel time/cost/distance to Cardiff?

They are the only people who are likely to go to a second GP located in the north or Scotland and not Cardiff.

Everyone else you are relying on attending both GPs if you don't want to adversely affect the Cardiff crowd.

Personally, if I was going to attend two GPs it would be Cardiff plus one in Poland - rather than two in the UK.

Edited by MattK

What percentage of speedway fans don't go to Cardiff? Of those, how many don't go due to travel time/cost/distance to Cardiff?

They are the only people who are likely to go to a second GP located in the north or Scotland and not Cardiff.

Everyone else you are relying on attending both GPs if you don't want to adversely affect the Cardiff crowd.

Personally, if I was going to attend two GPs it would be Cardiff plus one in Poland - rather than two in the UK.

well that is your perogative, personally, I think a June Cardiff GP and a second GP at the end of September in Manchester would see 45,000 in Cardiff and 17,000 in Manchester, no bother.

well that is your perogative, personally, I think a June Cardiff GP and a second GP at the end of September in Manchester would see 45,000 in Cardiff and 17,000 in Manchester, no bother.

two gp's would be good as both would be supported but what chance the Manchester weather getting in the way.

how many BV metings get rained off through the season / in September ? any BV fan know, answers on a postcard please

we are also assuming the new track will be worthy of a gp. the new track at Leicester looks great but the racing is blooming awful

Just come across this statement from BSI

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/418/british-sgp-statement

Like I said, I don't think they'll move the Gp from Cardiff...too much of a success story :party:

Also the 5 year contract that brought us to 2011 is just up for renewal thats all...hopefully all their discussions will pay off for another 5 years.

I know we'll be there EVERY year its in Cardiff..unlike if it ever moved back to London :rolleyes::rolleyes:

An extra one at the new BV stadium would be nice though :wink:

Where ever it is , it needs to be an stadium with A roof , then fans can travel knowing the meeting will be on.It also produces an unbeatable atmosphere :party: