Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Cardiff is great, but the O2 would be absolutely brilliant. With all the outside outlets, it would just be perfect. :approve:

All sorts of sports have been staged within the main O2 arena:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O2_Arena_(London)

The track would be on the small size and due to the lower capacity (20,000), I imagine ticket prices would have to go up from Cardiff.

But it's a state-of-the-art venue, and much newer than the Millennium Stadium. Plus it's in London. Now before everyone gets on my back, personally I'll go to the British GP whether it's in London, Cardiff, Glasgow or the Outer Hebridies. BUT to get the real publicity from the national papers, the event HAS to be in London.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

apologies if someone has already mentioned this but the gp website says that BSI are in negotiations

with the millenium stadium and the welsh assembly government to extend the contract for the gp.

it says the negotiations are both complex and ongoing and nobody should make any plans for hotels

based on 'rumour' until the dates are made official.

hmmm.... :blink:

apologies if someone has already mentioned this but the gp website says that BSI are in negotiations

with the millenium stadium and the welsh assembly government to extend the contract for the gp.

it says the negotiations are both complex and ongoing and nobody should make any plans for hotels

based on 'rumour' until the dates are made official.

hmmm.... :blink:

yes it's already been posted. You seem slightly confused by the statement?

yes it's already been posted. You seem slightly confused by the statement?

no i'm not confused as such,as people have said on here it's probably the olympics muddying the waters,

at least thats what i'm hoping,don't want to lose cardiff.

having read back over previous posts one query of mine has been answered,

i was wondering how long the last contract was for and when it was up.

lets hope another 5 years is agreed.

Edited by crumpiefan

I do hope that BSI/IMG can renegotiate a new deal for Cardiff. Maybe as an added bonus, they could run a european GP in London or Manchester in 2012.

Cardiff is the perfect place... Smack bang in the middle of all those bars, clubs and restaurants... Let's hope they get something sorted.

Despite the obvious whinge on a Speedway forum that boasts 10,000 plus members, which is laughable in itself.. :rolleyes: ...

The Speedway world clearly loves the Cardiff experience and wants it to continue...40,000 + from all over the world said it on Saturday.

My feet are firmly in the Cardiff camp. BSI would be committing financial suidide if they moved it for starters. Are some people that thick???

"Take it up to Manchester" I've heard. "Take it to the new stadium"..HA ha ha ha...Yeh right, that'll compete with what Crdiff offers fr sure :rofl::rolleyes:

Don't take it away from Cardiff, the whole weekend is a fantastic experience, the pairs on the firday, then the GP on the saturday, coupled with two drunken nights out in Cardiff, what more could you want?

Don't take it away from Cardiff, the whole weekend is a fantastic experience, the pairs on the firday, then the GP on the saturday, coupled with two drunken nights out in Cardiff, what more could you want?

For you to at least make eye contact as you walk past me :P

Despite the obvious whinge on a Speedway forum that boasts 10,000 plus members, which is laughable in itself.. :rolleyes: ...

The Speedway world clearly loves the Cardiff experience and wants it to continue...40,000 + from all over the world said it on Saturday.

My feet are firmly in the Cardiff camp. BSI would be committing financial suidide if they moved it for starters. Are some people that thick???

"Take it up to Manchester" I've heard. "Take it to the new stadium"..HA ha ha ha...Yeh right, that'll compete with what Crdiff offers fr sure :rofl::rolleyes:

Even as a Belle Vue fan, Cardiff is the place for the GP. Have a second one up in Manchester.

Cardiff is great, but the O2 would be absolutely brilliant. With all the outside outlets, it would just be perfect. :approve:

All sorts of sports have been staged within the main O2 arena:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O2_Arena_(London)

The track would be on the small size and due to the lower capacity (20,000), I imagine ticket prices would have to go up from Cardiff.

But it's a state-of-the-art venue, and much newer than the Millennium Stadium. Plus it's in London. Now before everyone gets on my back, personally I'll go to the British GP whether it's in London, Cardiff, Glasgow or the Outer Hebridies. BUT to get the real publicity from the national papers, the event HAS to be in London.

All the best

Rob

Great! Let's all go to a venue that is half the size and that will cost more! Where's the logic in that? I look forward to seeing Cardiff sold out in years to come. The Millenium stadium is an ideal venue for speedway for many, many reasons. Yes we need more publicity for the sport but lets not mess with the one really good thing that the sport has.

Edited by Paddi

For you to at least make eye contact as you walk past me :P

Where were ya mate? I never saw you, otherwise I'd have come said hello! :(

But it's a state-of-the-art venue, and much newer than the Millennium Stadium.

Although the actual dome is only 6 months newer. :wink:

The O2 isn't in the same league as the Millennium Stadium as a sporting venue.

Cardiff will remain I am almost certain...only to get a contract sorted.Can't see the stadium owners wanting to lose us and us lose them either.

As the saying goes "If its NOT broken, why fix it!!" I would love to see the Millennium progress to full or at least getting fuller year by year as I think its doing up to now.

Maybe as a one off they could book a real well known act for the pre event entertainment and advertise well (not just inbetween skys speedway meetings!!) and maybe attract extra non-speedway supporters to it :party::party:

Roll on 2012 :cheers:

Where were ya mate? I never saw you, otherwise I'd have come said hello! :(

Outside PoW, struggling to stand up :lol: