British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Your examples don't have any relevance as in none of the cases you refer to did it leave their teams going into a meeting a rider short.

I'd have thought with your legendary mathematical brain you could've easily spotted the difference between FIVE and FOUR..!

A huge well done to the Russians last night, qualifying massively against the odds.

Darkin's win in heat two was one of the highlights of the night for me..

With my great memory for remembering results I know the Americans had 4 riders in 2010.

C'mon Parsloes, do check your programmes!

Looking at what you've posted ManchesterPaul, I'd say the Lagutas could ride as they have fallen fowl of not having visas i.e. force majure, but Sayfutdinov appears to have 'made himself' unavailable.

The FIM word at KL last night was that the Laguta brothers are free to return to the Russian side on Thursday if selected. Their non-appearance at KL was down to visa problems, not helped apparently by very unhelpful UK officials in Moscow, and at no stage did they decline to ride. Emil Sayfutdinov did refuse to ride (in the eyes of many for understandable reasons) but he is effectively suspended for the remainder of the tournament.

Praise the Lord, finally days later after first asking (more than once) i get not one but two answers :) Both coming to the same conclusion.

The reason i have been seeking clarification on whether the Laguta's could or couldn't cite force majuer is because it hasn't been made uneqivocably clear who was to blame, as in the brothers or the Russian or British embassy staff etc.

Glad to see that the rule i mentioned days ago will be applied and Sayfutdinov won't ride. Although, as with the trio last night, what an absolute stinker of a shame. Last night's meeting would so have been enhanced by their appearance. Additionally, Emil is a sad exclusion from the race-off meeting too.

Well said Philip and also Authorised. As I said it's not for anyone on here to judge Nicholls in these circumstances.

Well said all three of you!!

Going back to team GB, it's sad that that's the best team we can put out. I'm sure they'll try their best, but it's gonig to be an embarrassing whitewash.. :(

Why didn't the Brits and the Poles not just let the Czechs win heat 25? :rolleyes:

PROBABLY because they didn't fancy being involved in any number of crashes with the Dryml brothers in Gorzow.

Quote of the night from Ales: "If they gave points for crashes we (he and brother Lukas) would be World Champions!"

With Nicholls crying off, now is the time for both sides to swallow a bit of pride and get Richardson back in the team for Thursday. I notice that all the riders (and the team manager, horrid idea) had their own sponsors on their racesuits, which was the main sticking point for Richardson, and if there's to be any chance of success on Thursday, we need him!

Crying off, Scott Nicholls may have a very valid reason for missing the weekend (personal family reason?)too many people jump on a rider for putting family before the sport.

Was at the meeting last night and watched a bit of it on tv when I got home last night. People moaned on here about Tai calling the Drymels sisters, how ever sky failed to show that after Tais 2nd exclusion one of them came out and ran at Tai as he was riding his bike back in and obviously said something. You can here the crowd in the background giving it the ooooooohhhhsssss. Surprised sky didnt show that little incident. Poland were a class above tonight, they were flying out the gates it seemed for first half of the meeting.

Poland were a class above tonight, they were flying out the gates it seemed for first half of the meeting.

It seemed to me to be the primary and obvious difference last night.

This period of dubious gating in the British team has stretched for too long..... it's great to see them come from behind but its not realistic to rely on that at international level...... how to bring about a new approach though?

Crying off, Scott Nicholls may have a very valid reason for missing the weekend (personal family reason?)too many people jump on a rider for putting family before the sport.

No , i think most of us who jumped in with our size nines whilst not being in full posession of the facts and making prats of ourselves , have since seen the error of our ways .

Why didn't the Brits and the Poles not just let the Czechs win heat 25? :rolleyes:

Well the Poles had NOTHING to gain by doing so and I can't really think that Team GB's situation in the play-off would be significantly eased by the Czechs being there instead of an albeit strengthened Russian side...

I'm delighted the Russians got through as their performance last night I thought was remarakable. Almost everyone had totally written them off and I'm sure mostthought they'd struggle to get to double figures but the four riders put in a mighty effort.

Though wasn't impressed with that number five, Nyet Riderski..! :wink:

Well said all three of you!!

Going back to team GB, it's sad that that's the best team we can put out. I'm sure they'll try their best, but it's gonig to be an embarrassing whitewash.. :(

Don't write them off just yet. I don't think the Swedes and Aussies are going to outclass GB. The Poles didn't exactly have it all their own way last night and they look stronger than Sweden and Oz to me.

how the hell are bridger and barker going to get on, surely they will create an atmosphere

Bomber 2 Gollob 0! I won't get to say that again so thought I'd get it in quickly lol.

I enjoyed the meeting with some decent racing. I wouldn't have used Nicholls last night if he had no intention of racing in the rest of it and I have no qualms with his reason for being absence either. Our slow start cost us any realistic chance of winning.

Was at the meeting last night and watched a bit of it on tv when I got home last night. People moaned on here about Tai calling the Drymels sisters, how ever sky failed to show that after Tais 2nd exclusion one of them came out and ran at Tai as he was riding his bike back in and obviously said something. You can here the crowd in the background giving it the ooooooohhhhsssss. Surprised sky didnt show that little incident. Poland were a class above tonight, they were flying out the gates it seemed for first half of the meeting.

Just to clarify, when the Drymls first came to the UK they were riding at Oxford. Our captain the loveable Johno (whom Tai has spent a lot of time with)christened them the Dryml sisters and this has stuck as both the team and fans referred to them by this, it was not in malace but typically Johno! :rolleyes:

Shocking from Woffy. He wipes someone out and THEN calls them a girl. Added to his girly strop after his first exclusion, he's made himself look a right prick.

Do you know what it is like riding a speedway bike? Tai's emotions were obviously high as was his temper and to have a microphone shoved in your face when you are that wound up was only going to get the reaction it got (and what the TV production wanted)

You have made a right pr1ck of yourself with that statement.