British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

WTF is the point of Woffinden going out here? We can't win and the experience would do Barker wonders. Middleditch is a clown.

Woffinden needed the laps after all his exclusions . Barker is out of his depth , we need the cool head and calmness , for the race off , only Lewis Bridger can provide .

OK even the tv commentators seem oblivious to the rules. All FIVE of them are bemoaning how unfair it will be for Russia to be able to include the Laguta brothers, and if he decides himself he wishes to appear, Sayfutdinov too in the race-off meeting. Have the SWC regulations just been compiled and written for fun?

Does anyone know why the following rule would not be enforced in the race-off? This is the third time i've tried to get information, surely someone must know?

It remains to be seen if the Laguta brothers are victims of a 'force majeure' and allowed to race in subsequent rounds. However, from the reasons i've seen given for Emil Sayfutdinov's non-appearance, according to the 2011 World Cup Regulations he'll be banned from riding in the later rounds.

The regulations are pretty similar or the same as the ones for the Grand Prix, will Laguta appear in that series again this year?, all down to how they define 'force majeure'.

078.3.3 Entries

Riders, who have been entered by their FMN for the SWC Final Tournament and

refuse or are unable to take part, shall be deemed suspended for competing

internationally for a period of 1 day before to 1 day after the SWC Final

Tournament concerned. Furthermore, they shall be considered ineligible for the

SWC of that season.

Riders who have been nominated by their FMN to participate in the SWC Final

Tournament must participate therein unless prevented from doing so by injury or

illness or other « force majeure ». A suitable qualified medical practitioner must

certify injury or illness in writing to that effect.

In the case of a « force majeure », the International Jury of the meeting will

decide on their admission.

If the absence of the rider is truly justified and accepted by the International Jury,

he will be accepted to re-enter the SWC Final Tournament.

Regulations available here http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/Codes_et_reglements/SpeedwayCup_en.pdf

Was he not ahead though. Harris took a chance and got off and in fairness he got the call. As I said it could have gone either way, to suggest it is dangerous riding is bonkers

Maybe a track that the onlt fast line wasn't a foot from the fence would help, two riders into a foot will never go

Dryml was, as per norm, riding dangerously all race.

The guy cannot ride a bike in a safe fashion. He is an accident waiting to happen every time he gets on the bike.

And your comments were made redundant by Hampel, who showed how to overtake in a safe fashion without having to ride someone right to the fence.

Who looks a clown now :nono::nono::cheers:

My point stands. Pointless change.

As for the race-off, anyone got Lee Richardson's number?

Getting upset because you can't abuse Woffinden now?

Getting upset because you can't abuse Woffinden now?

077892536485956128402927465262765891203894746712987384464446678191930911423488585959409030 :lol:

Scotty a lucky boy there, could have been a lot worse.

Hats off to Povazhny, he did really well to drop the bike then.

Hats off to Povazhny, he did really well to drop the bike then.

He put it down almost as quickly as Harris...

OK even the tv commentators seem oblivious to the rules. All FIVE of them are bemoaning how unfair it will be for Russia to be able to include the Laguta brothers, and if he decides himself he wishes to appear, Sayfutdinov too in the race-off meeting. Have the SWC regulations just been compiled and written for fun?

Does anyone know why the following rule would not be enforced in the race-off? This is the third time i've tried to get information, surely someone must know?

Looking at what you've posted ManchesterPaul, I'd say the Lagutas could ride as they have fallen fowl of not having visas i.e. force majure, but Sayfutdinov appears to have 'made himself' unavailable.

Elliot's updates are amazing! :lol:

I can imagine :lol: by christ this is beginning to drag on a bit now .