British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Well ! that meeting had everything, but a lot of races won from the gate.

Think their will be a few riders sore n stiff after tonight.

Team GB will have to do better on Thurs, if they want to make the final.

Hope someone stops the Poles.

KK needs to put that performance in for his Birmingham Team.

The all time top SWC points scorer for GB? no he wouldn't have got that many. He'd have got at least 10 tonight.

At least the riders that were there gave it their all and clearly showed passion. He didn't want to be in team GB this year, his choice. I'd rather see what I did tonight than have that whinging waster in the team..Let's not forget who it was who threw the towel in even before he'd got on a bike in the final last year......... :mad:

what is tai doing.....

should have been nursing topinka round there to force a run off between russia and the czechs

I can just imagine the uproar if he team rode with Czechs and rightly so. Some people are never satisfied.

Edited by ImpartialOne

what is tai doing.....

should have been nursing topinka round there to force a run off between russia and the czechs

I couldn't believe what I was seeing there. With all those people down in the Team GB pit, surely someone should have spotted that Woffinden needed to finish behind Topinka in that final race. :shock: Such tactical naiveity. :shock:

All the best

Rob

I can just imagine the uproar if he team rode with Czechs and rightly so. Some people are never satisfied.

Nope, you do what you have to win. If we could have got the Russians out of the race-off, it would have made things just a bit easier on Thursday.

All the best

Rob

At least the riders that were there gave it their all and clearly showed passion. He didn't want to be in team GB this year, his choice. I'd rather see what I did tonight than have that whinging waster in the team..Let's not forget who it was who threw the towel in even before he'd got on a bike in the final last year......... :mad:

I fully support his reasons though for not riding.

I remember in the late 90s Loram and (I think) Louis boycotted the England team because they weren't happy with certain issues. I don't recall any complaints about their passion or morals.

Jacques, I'm starting to slightly detect that there's a possibility that maybe you're not a big Lee Richardson fan? :P

All the best

Rob

I fully support his reasons though for not riding.

I remember in the late 90s Loram and (I think) Louis boycotted the England team because they weren't happy with certain issues. I don't recall any complaints about their passion or morals.

Before my time, I can only comment on what I've seen of Team GB in the last few years.

I agree with that. This is the guy that wasn't there tonight because he can't be bothered/can't make enough money (delete as appropriate) to ride for the country of his birth

Shouldn't represent GB again IMO

Why should he?

He never got his expenses money from last year?

His got a family and has got to earn like the rest of us.

Would you work for nothing NO!!!

what is tai doing.....

Nah, let the Russians in, get them in amongst the Aussies too. More chance of them bottling it then!

Jacques, I'm starting to slightly detect that there's a possibility that maybe you're not a big Lee Richardson fan? :P

All the best

Rob

You reep what you sow Robert...Your beloved Sister Dryml ( not the ugly one) managed to court more controversy again I see..Shame all his efforts were in vain... :party:

Edited by Jacques

Nope, you do what you have to win. If we could have got the Russians out of the race-off, it would have made things just a bit easier on Thursday.

All the best

Rob

Perhaps.. also makes it easier for the other 2 teams. Might work to our advantage, when Tai or another of our riders has one of their inevitable falls, perhaps a Russian will win the race to limit the damage. Russians will be stronger, but not strong enough to go through.

All the best

Rob

Perhaps.. also makes it easier for the other 2 teams. Might work to our advantage, when Tai or another of our riders has one of their inevitable falls, perhaps a Russian will win the race to limit the damage. Russians will be stronger, but not strong enough to go through.

They have confirmed that the normal process of expedited visa approval (5 to 15 days) for sports teams was refused them by the British Authorities. It seems that the period to go through the full approval process was suggested as being up to 3 months and would require the submission of the original passports of those seeking visas (again something not normally required).

If this IS the case then it's an absolute disgrace. There is no way that a football team would be treated in this fashion.

As yousay "IF", and then was the decision one of official policy or overzealous application of the rules by some "official" at the border agency?

I remember some 20+ years ago having to get a visa/work permit/temporary residence permit to compete in a sporting event in Oz, if the application was handed in over the counter at the embassy in London complete with the relevant documentation for the organising body then I could pick up everything again after 4pm on the same day.

Niamh

Niamh

You reep what you sow Robert...Your beloved Sister Dryml ( not the ugly one) managed to court more controversy again I see..Shame all his efforts were in vain... :party:

He's value for money, though, isn't he? Still not sure how he got excluded for Chris Harris falling off his, in Kelv's words, motorbike. :wink:

Just noticed that tonight:

Ben Barker - scored 6 out of a possible 9

Scott Nicholls - scored 6 out of a possible 18 :shock:

All the best

Rob