British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

At least the riders that were there gave it their all and clearly showed passion. He didn't want to be in team GB this year, his choice. I'd rather see what I did tonight than have that whinging waster in the team..Let's not forget who it was who threw the towel in even before he'd got on a bike in the final last year......... :mad:

The attitude of losers is to fear an opposing team so much that they try and lose a race to help another team knock them out.

The attitude of winners is not to fear anyone.

You've just illustrated my point Charlie.. :approve:

Edited by Jacques

Then how stupid and risky for Russia to not use Gafurov in heat 25

Hatcham, Gafurov had already been used as a joker in Heat 19. As SCB has explained, this was a mistake (and, for once, I'm in agreement with Shawn :lol: ).

All the best

Rob

Nope, you do what you have to win. If we could have got the Russians out of the race-off, it would have made things just a bit easier on Thursday.

All the best

Rob

Not sure about that, the changes the Russians can make shouldn't really bother the British lads, as long as Sayfutdinov is out of the picture, a more competetive first bend (ie 4 riders) will give the Brits a better chance of being in the mix.

I think we provided 9 race winners tonight, the Poles 12 or 13, without the mishaps we would have been closer to them.

Either way, putting aside the disappointment of GB not winning the meeting I thought it was decent nights entertainment, the track didn't seem as good as last year but it still provided some close racing, passing and plenty of incident, to me thats what speedway has always been about, thrills & spills.

Ben Barker showed he can do the job, can't think of anyone I would consider replacing him with, I reckon he deserves to ride on Thursday. Kennett did all that could be asked of him, Nicholls had a bad night at the office but along with Harris will be relied on heavily on Thursday, Woffinden did ok too apart from the obvious, he and Barker are just young lads, I like their spirit, obviously they get carried away sometimes but both are good enough to be part of the team.

I hope Thursday & Saturday serve up more of the same.

I agree with that. This is the guy that wasn't there tonight because he can't be bothered/can't make enough money (delete as appropriate) to ride for the country of his birth

Shouldn't represent GB again IMO

Wrong. He wasn't there because he announced his retirement from all international competition, individual as well as SWC before the season started. Riders reach a stage in their careers when they start to have other priorities, and also have to start looking at life after speedway.

Its not Lee's fault there is nobody good enough to step into his shoes at this level. Its the SCB's fault.

As for not making enough money I don't suppose you would be very happy to be asked to work overtime without being paid so your comments on that front are out of order to say the least.

You've just illustrated my point Charlie.. :approve:

I don't honestly remember what he did last year to throw the towel in..

Wrong. He wasn't there because he announced his retirement from all international competition, individual as well as SWC before the season started. Riders reach a stage in their careers when they start to have other priorities, and also have to start looking at life after speedway.

Did he ? i thought i saw him at this year's Brtish Final saying he was trying to win the Wildcard for Cardiff ...

Can't see Scott racing on thursday to be honest. The select few who just come on here to moan about anybody and everybody will I think go for Tai on Thursday for the forum bashing... Even if we'd have gone through tonight something sumwhere would have been wrong. Just support the bldy team, they are trying there best out there.

Thought it was a decent meeting, what I expected from Team GB really. I dont think we were ever going finish ahead of the Poles and in the second half of the meeting at least we did much better than the first half. A bit disapointed with the first half as I felt we threw some silly points away especially the Nicholls Joker.

In the end Im pleased with effort the team showed, I dont think theres any doubt about that. The Poles are head and shoulders above us, and will probably be over everyone else on Home Shale.

The Race-Off will be tough especially if the Laguta Brothers and Emil come into the side. Realistically Im expecting the Swedes and Aussies to march into the final. I hope Team GB at least go to Gorzow and give it everthing and under Middlo I am sure they will.

One last thing, surely there are two Krzysztof Kasprzak's around, that cant be the same rider that has been riding for us this season. On this evidence why are Elite League reserves beating him. He showed when hes in the mood and his bikes are right, just what he can do. Hopefully the Kasprzak we saw tonight can do it in Brummies colours after the World Cup.

Hatcham, Gafurov had already been used as a joker in Heat 19. As SCB has explained, this was a mistake (and, for once, I'm in agreement with Shawn :lol: ).

That depends...They maybe looked at the heats and decided that Gaffer could get something more out of his own race with double points than using the double points on him in 25 or on another rider.

Having said that, given that it was some random Russian speedway fan from Milton Keynes acting as TM, cos the real TM didn't get a visa either, it was probably just a mistake :D

Thought it was a decent meeting, what I expected from Team GB really. I dont think we were ever going finish ahead of the Poles and in the second half of the meeting at least we did much better than the first half. A bit disapointed with the first half as I felt we threw some silly points away especially the Nicholls Joker.

In the end Im pleased with effort the team showed, I dont think theres any doubt about that. The Poles are head and shoulders above us, and will probably be over everyone else on Home Shale.

The Race-Off will be tough especially if the Laguta Brothers and Emil come into the side. Realistically Im expecting the Swedes and Aussies to march into the final. I hope Team GB at least go to Gorzow and give it everthing and under Middlo I am sure they will.

One last thing, surely there are two Krzysztof Kasprzak's around, that cant be the same rider that has been riding for us this season. On this evidence why are Elite League reserves beating him. He showed when hes in the mood and his bikes are right, just what he can do. Hopefully the Kasprzak we saw tonight can do it in Brummies colours after the World Cup.

Is that because we improved or because the Poles eased off since they had built up a sizable lead and we'd blown our Joker?

Thought the meeting was ok tonight, with a couple of decent heats. Never expected us to beat the poles around King's Lynn. I think the only place we could have held that meeting and had a chance of winning it would have been Monmore Green.

"Here comes the British joker, Scott Nicholls".. Has there ever been a truer statement :wink:

I don't honestly remember what he did last year to throw the towel in..

Not what he did, what he said.. I can't obviously quote him verbatum as time has lapsed. But he spoke on Sky and said there was no chance that team GB were going to win... :blink: I just remember being wholly unimpressed, albeit not surprised, by his attitude. My opinion hasn't changed. Talented rider no doubt..shame about the rest.

One last thing, surely there are two Krzysztof Kasprzak's around,

that was definitely not the same rider tonight that has been struggling all over Europe this year.

At least the riders that were there gave it their all and clearly showed passion. He didn't want to be in team GB this year, his choice. I'd rather see what I did tonight than have that whinging waster in the team..Let's not forget who it was who threw the towel in even before he'd got on a bike in the final last year......... :mad:

Hmm. Don't remember you coming on here and calling PK or Leigh Adams whingeing wasters when they announced they were retiring from international competiton but would still ride in domestic leagues.. Didn't notice you slagging off Jason Crump when he declined to ride for Australia in the recent Test series. No different in Lee's case.

Most riders reach a point when their priorities change and they have to cut down on commitments and devote more time to plans for developing an income when their riding days are finally over. Lee seems to be at that stage.

You don't want Rico in the team and he wasn't in it so what are you moaning about ? Nothing as usual. Just your normal sniping.

Lets see how much passion Tai and Ed have in 12 or 13 years time when they have a wife and 3 kids to consider, and they also have their best years behind them. A lot less than they have now I would say.

Nothing erodes anyone's passion quicker than not being paid.

Think the biggest joker was Middleditch :icon_smile_clown: when he used Nicholls much to early and it totally failed. Middleditch :icon_smile_clown: is always full of himself as it is but now should wear the jokers hat :icon_smile_clown: that would suit him down to the ground :icon_smile_clown:

As for the meeting very boring with the result never in doubt with Poland way to good for GB and the other 2 teams just making the numbers up. Be a different kettle of fish Thursday especially if Russia are at full strength.